Wednesday, May 01, 2019

Survivor 38: Edge of Extinction - Episode 12 Blog Party

Okay, now we're going into the 12th episode with all but two castaways technically still on the show. At present time, there are more sitting over on Extinction than there are playing the game. My personal guess is that only one of the Extinction bunch will be eventually let back into the game. But what will happen with the jury? I can't imagine a jury as large as fifteen voting. Hmm. If I were there, I'd be thinking "I could have spent this time leading the good life on Ponderosa!"

Tonight is the -- in my opinion -- the overly dramatic "loved ones visit" episode. While I sometimes find it interesting to see who arrives for whom, that's it. Sorry, but they've been gone about a month at that point doing a reality television show. Perhaps I'm a bit callous, but I just don't get all the tears and drama. There have even been recent complaints from various castaways about how many make this visit episode a goal like making it to the merge or making it to jury. Of course, I feel the goal should be to make it to the win. Maybe that's just me.

I'll be live-blogging the major events as the show airs here on the East Coast. Refresh the page to get the latest news. The party is, as always, in the comments area -- feel free to join in! A separate post for The Amazing Race is sitting in the wings and will appear a few minutes before the show.

Lifeguard Laure has returned from her Pacific Ocean gig watching the beaches in Hawaii and here are the updated blog pool standings --

Aurora McCreary -- Ed in Ohio, marthalight
Gavin Whitson -- Brenda, KelseyNY
Julie Rosenberg -- Delee, MikesGirl
Lauren O'Connell -- Brian, Krysta Gibbon, Sharon N.
Rick Devens -- Auntie Leigh, Merrilee
Ron Clark -- Cherry Pie, Judi Sweeney, Rochelle
Victoria Baamonde -- Indiana Jane, Karen in VS, SueGee

Jury & Extinction
Reem Daly -- David, Terry is a Texan, Sharon C
Chris Underwood -- Glenn Allen, Laurie
Aubry Bracco * -- Cheryl in NC, Margo, Petals
Eric Hafemann -- Bizaro22, Pinky, Shannon
Joe Anglim * -- Carol C, Kismet
Julia Carter -- Donna in FL, Monty924, Jennifer
David Wright * -- Dr_Celine, PDX Granny, Renee Buck
Kelley Wentworth * -- Donna in NY, Jenna G.
Dan DaSilva "Wardog" -- Jackie, Nana in the NW

Survivor fans ready?

We open up with the aftermath of the Wardog ouster. Rick thinks every time he's trusted Ron, he's been lied to. Ron realizes that and gives him the advantage thinking he will need his trust. Of course, the advantage is no good, but Rick doesn't know that.

Right to the loved ones Reward Challenge time. I simply cannot report on all the tears and drama. Can you hear my eyes rolling?

Race with a bucket, get water from ocean, toss water to loved one's bucket, loved one fills container to raise flag will win. Love and a picnic is the reward. 

Ron and his husband Lloyd win Reward. Who will come with them? He picks Julie. Then he picks Gavin (who said he was married two days before he had to leave for the show). I actually think that was a thoughtful decision, but not all the others feel the same.

GAH! Gavin -- "Whenever I left …" NO! It's NOT "whenever." It's WHEN. I really cringe every time I hear that.

The ones not on the picnic are talking Rick for the next target. They think he's out there looking for an idol. He catches Victoria and Aurora going through his bag. Rick decides he'll use Aurora going through his bag as a weapon to target her. While looking, he finds a clue saying that the idol is in the trees above their camp. He finds it and thinks in addition to what Ron gave him, he's golden.

The Immunity Challenge is a repeat of the perched between two walls, last one up wins.

Rick out first. Ron out. Victoria out. Julie out. Oh my gosh, Ron carries her because she can't walk. Aurora out. Lauren and Gavin left, Lauren drops.

GAVIN WINS IMMUNITY!

Ron is thrilled because Rick went out first and he thinks all Rick has is that fake advantage. Little does he know …!

Back at camp, Rick is getting the silent treatment. He thinks Ron might be the only one who will work with him, but doesn't trust him. Ron is convincing Rick that Aurora's the target. He thinks if everyone else votes for Rick and Rick happens to have an idol, it will be Aurora going home with Rick's vote. The girls are thinking it might be wise to split the vote and vote for Ron to go. 

Aurora wants to give Gavin her extra vote advantage (last time it can be played). She figures if it goes to a tiebreaker and her name is in there, Gavin is the only real safe one. Gavin is in a quandary as Ron let him go on Reward yet he doesn't want to alienate Lauren and Aurora.

Off to Tribal Council. The million jury members troop in. Rick brings up Aurora going through his bag. Lots of talk about lots of plans. Jeff asks Ron Probsting questions about his choice for Reward partners. Jeff likens this season to a pinball machine with people in place of the balls bouncing about. Aurora admits she doesn't want to be sitting next to Rick in the final three. Jeff is really stirring the pot this Tribal.

The tally -- Rick plays the menu Ron gave him and asks for immunity, finds out it was expired. So, he lights into Ron and Julie and plays his idol.

Rick, Rick, Rick, Rick, Aurora, Ron, Ron, Ron …

RON is voted out! Aurora is giddy. Of course, he heads off to Extinction. And, of course, they're all still on Eviction. When is that herd going to thin?

105 comments:

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jackie and Vincent! Thank you for giving us a place to talk Survivor!!

Hi to whomever follows!!

Nickelpeed said...

Rick, they are not your friends! They never were!!

jennifer said...

Hi Jackie, Nickelpeed and to all who follow 🤗

Nickelpeed said...

OMG!! He believes him??? Oh Rick, you are tooooo naive. Dang!

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jennifer.

jennifer said...

Tears are gonna flow!!

Petals said...

~*~*~* SPLASH ~*~*~

Hey Ms Jackie, Master Vincent & Everyone!!!!

Jackie - you're right about the Loved One Visit. I never considered that they've only been gone a minute. (to me, it seems like months...)
It's a ratings-grabber, tho. Gets me every time!

that being said...pass the Kleenex...

Petals said...

awwwww

jennifer said...

I wish my family was like that when I come home from vacation lol

Petals said...

awww, I want someone to love me. To miss me.

Joe in NY said...

Hi folks.

Not my favorite episode

Anonymous said...

Anyone else just getting music no sound for talking. The other channels are ok?

Petals said...

JOE! You can miss me when I'm gone. OK? LOL

Anonymous said...

Just getting surviver music

Petals said...

#hotDad She was invisible until Dad showed up. What the heck? Is that her Dad or her "daddy"?

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Joe!

Petals said...

awwwww **tears**

Petals said...

the winner always gets to take someone...you KNOW everyone will pick the newlyweds. I hope!

Nickelpeed said...

Anyone BUT Ron.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jackie and Penny and Jennifer and Petals and Joe and everyone. The site froze up on me

Nickelpeed said...

I hope they do, too, Petals. But if they wanted to weaken him, they could not do it.

tbc said...

Hi all!!!

Nickelpeed said...

Noooo, I do not want Ron to win. Dang it!!

Nickelpeed said...

CRAP, CRAP, CRAP!!!!!

tbc said...

I hate this part

Nickelpeed said...

Hi tbc! Hi Glenn!

SueGee said...

Howdy everyone! Better late than never I always say LOL!!

Squeegee

Petals said...

*WHAAAHHH*

Joe in NY said...

thank god that's over

Nickelpeed said...

Aren't they gone only 39 days?

Petals said...

Hey Squeeeg. (typing thru tears)

tbc said...

Hi, Penny!!

Nickelpeed said...

Hi SueGee!!

SueGee said...

Hi to Penny, Petals, tbc, Joe, Glenn Allen, Jennifer, Jackie & Vincent!!

SueGee said...

I have dinner in the oven so when I don't make any snarky comments I'm probably eating. We are having a meatloaf and some creamed potatoes with fresh peas.

tbc said...

Hi, SueGee!!

Petals said...

BUSTED!

Nickelpeed said...

I hope with Ron saying what he said, he leaves the game. I hope he's blindsided.

Petals said...

Makes me root for News guy even more. Deep down, she HAS to be feeling AWKWARD!!!

Petals said...

YES!

jennifer said...

I hope rick finds it!

SueGee said...

I hear you Jackie. Lately the typos and spelling errors on FB are driving me crazy. I'm part of a neighborhood thing called NextDoor and the auto-corrects and bad spelling is getting to me. Read before you hit post or send!!!

Nickelpeed said...

I hope he doesn't tell Ron.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi TBC. It will be hard work to climb for the Idol.

Jackie S. said...

Anon - No one else seems to have that problem. Perhaps reboot?

Penny - Yes, a total of 39 days. In reality at this point, they probably have a bit over a week left before they go home.

Jackie S. said...

SueGee - Is that in regard to my "whenever vs when" in the blog? That's actually some sort of weird colloquialism which I'm hearing more and more. Most of it seems to stem from the Midwest, Missouri.

Petals said...

OH EM GEE !! The editing is terrific, tho.

jennifer said...

Awesome!!!!

SueGee said...

Yep They sure do talk funny in some parts of the US

jennifer said...

These challenges are PAINFUL!!

Nickelpeed said...

I try so hard to proof-read my posts. Spelling is not a lot of people's strong points.

Judi Sweeney said...

Hi Jackie, Penny, Jennifer, Glenn, tbc, SueGee and Petals! I agree with you Jackie... they’ve only been gone a little while and it’s such a dramatic reaction....

Petals said...

shut up, News guy!

Petals said...

Do you think it's newscaster in him that makes him talk too much?

Petals said...

If Victoria wins, I'll eat my hat. She's useless!

SueGee said...

Howdy Judi

Nickelpeed said...

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Rick you are soooooooooo stupid!!! Now Ron will want to blindside him with saying they'll take out Aurora

Petals said...

c'mon Gavin!

SueGee said...

Petals - you can't talk like that about my pool girl!!

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Judi!

Petals said...

YAYAYAYYAYAYAYAAAAAAYYYYYYYY

Nickelpeed said...

LOLOLOL I guess Ron is just as stupid, too.

Petals said...

Now if only News can KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT about his idol.

monty924 said...

I'm super late, but I've been watching from the kitchen. Hello everyone...

Nickelpeed said...

If Rick and Lauren aren't careful, the entire orginal Manu tribe will be no more.

monty924 said...

He actually did there a little bit, Petals!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah got talking back!

SueGee said...

Hey Monty!

Judi Sweeney said...

Hey Monty!

Petals said...

monty!

monty924 said...

Hey SueGee, Judi and Petals

monty924 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jennifer said...

I don’t want rick to be blindsided!

Nickelpeed said...

OMG! These people are so stupid!!!

monty924 said...

Be smart, Gavin!!

Nickelpeed said...

I hope he isn't blindsided. He's so dumb. Ron might be one of the people in the end who made so many mad, he's not the winner.

Nickelpeed said...

Aurora should have kept that extra vote. I don't get these people. LOL

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Judi and Monty and it should be interesting to see if Aurora gets voted out with her own extra vote.

monty924 said...

Hey Glenn

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Monty!

Jackie S. said...

Penny - That extra vote is no good after tonight. If she's tied with votes from others, the only person guaranteed to be at a revote is Gavin due to Immunity.

Nickelpeed said...

I really wish they'd vote Ron out. But, he has everyone trusting him. Wait until they hear it all. Yikes.

Petals said...

I have to leave the party early...thank you, Jackie! For everything.
Happy May, everyone! See you all soon. xoxox

jennifer said...

Looks like jack sparrow is in the jury!!!

Anonymous said...

Back to just music

monty924 said...

Night Petals!!

Nickelpeed said...

Take care, Petals!

jennifer said...

Hope rick pulls this off🤗

Nickelpeed said...

Rick better use his idol.

jennifer said...

Good night petals:)

monty924 said...

YES!!!!!!!!!!

jennifer said...

Yay rick!!

Nickelpeed said...

YES!

monty924 said...

Hahahaha... yes!!

jennifer said...

Love it when the jury has fun!!

Nickelpeed said...

GO!!! LOLOLOLOL LOVE IT!!

Nickelpeed said...

I am soooooo happy right now!!

SueGee said...

YEAHHH Bye Bye Ron

tbc said...

Good tribal council

Nickelpeed said...

Thank you so much Jackie. Will see most everyone next hour!!!

SueGee said...

Break time!! See you in a few on the other chat!!

Nickelpeed said...

This was such a satisfying tribal council!

monty924 said...

I'll be back in a few over at the over pool. Thanks Jackie!

Judi Sweeney said...

Bye, bye pool boy Ron

Judi Sweeney said...

Wow!!! After this CA lady watched the show last night I was definitely wanting my own pool boy Ron out!!! What a real jerk to say the least!