Wednesday, October 09, 2019

Survivor: Island of the Idols - Oct. 9 Blog Party


With the blindside of Molly last week both tribes are down one member. One man out, one woman out. I guess we're running even! We'll have to see what happens tonight. These tribes seem to be quite evenly matched for a change.

Lifeguard Laurie has updated the blog pool. Our sincere apologies to Indiana Jane who somehow got missed -- you're in it now!

Lairo

Aaron Meredith - Auntie Leigh
Chelsea Walker - Big winner Brian, Margo
Dean Kowalski - CherryPie, Merrilee
Elaine Stott - Cheryl in NC
Elizabeth Beisel - CherylNY, monty 924
Karishma Patel - Ed in Ohio, SueGee
Missy Byrd - Janice, TS14Fan
Tom Laidlaw - Judi Sweeney, Laurie
Vince Moua - Kelsey NY, MikesGirl

Vokai
Dan Spilo - Bizaro22, marthalight
Jack Nichting - David, jennifer
Jamal Shipman - Donna in Alabama, Petals
Janet Carbin - Donna NY, Sharon C
Jason Linden - Dr_Celine, Nickelpeed
Kellee Kim - Glenn Allen, Indiana Jane
Lauren Beck - Jackie, Sharon N
Noura Salman - Jennasmom

Tommy Sheehan - Karen in CA, Terry is a Texan

Survivor fans ready?

Returning from Tribal, Jason is thrilled to still be there. Jamal and Jack aren't happy that they were blindsided on the decision to vote out Molly.

On Lairo, the girls are continuing to bond. Karishma makes the ultimate sacrifice and swims in her underwear with them. The guys are figuring they're outnumbered. They think Vince is with them. Heh -- he knows they were working on getting him out last week. He's willing to work with the girls.

On Vokai, it seems like Noura will once again be a target. Well, that is until Jamal brings up Dan. Oh, wait. Now Jamal's name is in there!

Uh-oh, Kairishma cut her hand and now thinks no one on her tribe cares about her, boohoo.

They had a delivery -- a note directing Vince to the Island of the Idols.

He cries when he sees Rob and Sandra. His lesson is staying calm. He has to go at night to the other camp and steal fire by lighting a torch and bringing it back to them.

It turns out their fire was out because of the rain. Vince collected ashes to prove he made it. He passes! He has an idol only good for the next two Tribals.

Immunity Chalenge - one swims out for a key, all balance on teeter-totter while one undoes puzzle piece bags, puzzle. Reward is comfort items including chair, hammock, comforters, etc. 

VOKAI wins Immunity and Reward.

Oh noes! Because they don't know what happened with Vince, he's the first named as a target. I hope he's smart enough to use that idol if he needs it!

They think they should split the votes between Vince and Karishma because they think Vince has an idol. At least that's what the guys think. The girls for the most part think they can work with Vince. Now Tom's name is in there. Hmm.

Tribal Council time. Jeff's Probsting questions lead to them saying how, if puzzles are not your thing, don't volunteer. Karishma defends herself in matters of strength and more. The girls tell her she's one of the girls and needs to remember that. Tom might have just sunk his ship.

The tally -- Vince does NOT play the idol

Tom, Karishma, Karishma, Karishma, Vince, Vince, Vince, Vince

He should have played the idol. Sigh. Bye, Vince! 

98 comments:

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jackie and Vincent. Thank you for hosting us. It's greatly appreciated.

Can't say I'm here mentally, but I am physically. LOL

monty924 said...

Hi Jackie, Penny and all who follow...

I have fried chicken over at the bar along with a whole lot of BEER

monty924 said...

Penny, any luck on finding your missing things?

Petals said...

~*~* SPLASH ~*~*

Hey Jackie, Vincent & Everyone!
I have apple pie & STELLA. There is some 'nilla ice cream
in minifridge.

Judi Sweeney said...

Hi Jackie and Penny.... and all those to follow!

Joe in NY said...

Hi folks

Judi Sweeney said...

Hey Petals and Monty

monty924 said...

Hey Petals, Judi and Joe!!

Petals said...

Dummy - you have SEEN Survivor, right? Wrong show, Karishna, if you're gonna pull the "modest Indian" card.

Judi Sweeney said...

I have hot chicken nachos with guacamole

Petals said...

I agree - she is on MY nerves. Turquoise bikini yoga mouth girl.

Ed in Ohio said...

Hi Everybody! Survivor Time.

Nickelpeed said...

That's horrible. That's vile.

Petals said...

Someone get a Powerpuff Girl Bandaid, STAT!

monty924 said...

If she cut to the bone, she would have lacerated a tendon or tendons.

Nickelpeed said...

No Monty. Probably won't find them. I'm giving up now. I've looked everywhere for them. Thank you for asking.

SueGee said...

Howdy everyone! Gee I come in and someone is trashing my pool girl. I think I will come back later.....

Squeegee

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Monty, Petals Judi, Joe and Ed.

Nickelpeed said...

Hi SueGee

monty924 said...

Penny, I'll say a prayer to St. Anthony for you!!

Petals said...

hey penny, hey Squeeg. Is Glenn here? Happy belated bday to Glenn!

CherryPie said...

Hello all...lets play survivor!!!!

Petals said...

hey Joe xoxo

Petals said...

Hi Pie!

monty924 said...

Hey Suegee (don't leave) and CherryPie

Nickelpeed said...

Thanks Monty. Appreciate it.

Petals said...

How do these young players know who are Sandra & Rob??????

monty924 said...

Hi Ed... missed you come in up there. How about them BUCKEYES?

Joe in NY said...

I still don't see the point of Rob & Sandra.

Nickelpeed said...

Will he succeed? This ought to be interesting.

Nickelpeed said...

Me, neither, Joe. I guess they have to make them feel important. I'm surprised they let them sit in on the TC.

Ed in Ohio said...

Hi Monty, So far so good with our BUCKEYES....let's keep it goin'!

monty924 said...

I'm enjoying and getting a kick out of Sandra and Rob this season

Petals said...

Joe - desperation. on the part of production, or of Sandra & Rob? Who knows, maybe both? In any case, I am completely more interested in the tennis tourny in Shanghai than I am this new season. :(

Petals said...

oh for eff's sake - what are the chances that the ONE NIGHT that he sneaks-up on the other camp, that someone has a loud nightmare?

*smh*

Nickelpeed said...

Petals, most who want to be on Survivor have watched it forever. I know young people I work with, who know who both are in the game.

monty924 said...

Oh Bah humbug... I'm liking the Island of the Idols thing with Rob and Sandra

Petals said...

Penny, yeah. I suppose a real fan would know. Except me - I forget who Sandra is...

tbc said...

I hate the statues though... just too creepy😂

Petals said...

oh Monty - you & your slippers & your new Lucky Charms with Unicorn marshmallows. bwhaaahahaa

monty924 said...

It's okay, Petals, Joe and Penny. Haters gonna hate ;-))

monty924 said...

Hey tbc... I have Riesling tonight too :)))

Nickelpeed said...

He's already targeted even before they knew he had an idol. I hope he hides it and convinces them he did not get one, or he's gone. I would definitely use the idol if he can't convince them.

Did anyone else notice he wasn't asked to pick another name?

tbc said...

Hi all! I hope everyone had a good week!

Joe in NY said...

LOL. I don't HATE them. I just don't see the point of them. They are occasionally funny talking to each other, but they really aren't adding anything to the game dynamics IMHO

tbc said...

Oh great, Monty! thanks

Nickelpeed said...

Hi tbc. @Monty. Idols are too creepy. LOL

Petals said...

YAY - a good physical challenge.

monty924 said...

Joe, the haters gonna hate was a joke :)))

monty924 said...

Isn't winning the luxury stuff usually a curse?

Petals said...

I love Rob...but the other one, wait, whatshername again? hehee

Just wear your slippers, eat your marshmallows and drink your Reisling over there. LMAO

monty924 said...

My gal Elizabeth is a beast at swimming... she should be, LOL

monty924 said...

*sticking my tongue out at my pal* :)))

Petals said...

I like the pretty black girl...she reminds me of Mikaela from a coupla seasons back.

monty924 said...

The great equalizer... a puzzle

tbc said...

Wow!

Nickelpeed said...

How can you be THAT bad at a puzzle?

Nickelpeed said...

Monty, I've never been a Rob fan. I think when he won Redemption Island it was too obvious, to me, they wanted him to win.

Petals said...

So Krishna should be gone, right?

Nickelpeed said...

Petals, I like Missy also. She's very athletic and smart.

Petals said...

Penny - I think Rob rubbed many people the wrong way, but when he met & proposed to "Ambah" and they are still together with 4 kids - I think he redeemed himself? Hopefully? I think he's a good providah at his construction job in Flowridah, but maybe he needs dis extrah paycheck to make ends meet, wit his fowah gulls at home.

Nickelpeed said...

Man, I hope Vince uses his idol.

monty924 said...

Penny, one name... Kaitlyn (BB20) :)))

Petals said...

Missy! Thanks Penny! :)

Petals said...

Is Tom the old guy (the guy MY AGE?!?!) Leave him alone! AARP CLUB UNITE!

Ed in Ohio said...

My dear daughter has me on the phone. I'm still here & watching.

Nickelpeed said...

Petals, I think it's great that Rob and Amber are still together. I would hope since both Amber and Rob won a million each, they wouldn't be that broke. I think he just loves the game and wants to be a part of it in any way he can.

Nickelpeed said...

Monty, I agree, but Kaitlyn was one person. With this one, you had two people. LOL

Nickelpeed said...

Ed, tell your daughter we all said hi!

Nickelpeed said...

This ought to be an interesting TC.

Ed in Ohio said...

Ha ha Penny, I will :))

Petals said...

uhoh...girl power words.

Nickelpeed said...

I hope it's not Tom. :'(

tbc said...

Poor Vince, he’s so nervous

Petals said...

Darn it.

monty924 said...

Oh, VInce

Petals said...

ooooo...there is a pretty guy.

Nickelpeed said...

I bet they change it to Vince.

Nickelpeed said...

He'll leave with an Idol. Wow.

Petals said...

I'm glad Tom stayed.

monty924 said...

Ugh

Ed in Ohio said...

Another unused idol!

tbc said...

Why didn’t he play the idol??

monty924 said...

I hate when the leave with an Idol... D U M B

Ed in Ohio said...

Well Sue Gee our pool girl survived.....barely! Sorry Petals ;)

Petals said...

well, thank you Ms Jackie & Master Vincent!

Everyone have a great week.
XOXOXOX

Petals said...

GO BUCKEYES
ROLL TIDE
GO CHIEFS
GO ROGER

Nickelpeed said...

That's a shame, he should have used the idol to be on the safe side. They wanted to flush it out; and he keeps it. Oh well.

Thank you so much Jackie. Appreciate giving us a place to talk.

Have a great week everyone!

Ed in Ohio said...

G'nite All!

Thanks Jackie, hope you're doing better!

GO BUCKS!!

Petals said...

OMG - I saw Joker! It is NOT a Marvel comic movie. It is an opus for Joaquin. If you value amazing acting, see it. If he doesn't win the Oscar, there is no Oscar justice.

Jackie S. said...

Dang, Petals. You're as bad as DR shout outs on BB

Jackie S. said...

Thank you all for coming by!

Nickelpeed said...

Wow. The female alliance strikes. Hope they stay together.

monty924 said...

And the women betrayed him, lol

Thanks Jackie. Everyone have a great rest of the week and weekend. See you all next time!!

Nickelpeed said...

Petals, I wish I were a Joaquin fan. I'm not.

Petals said...

Jackie - that is what I was going for. I shouted it really fast at the end, hurhur

Auntie Leigh said...

I loved Vince...it would have been a tie if Vince would have just voted for Karishna. Bye Vince...he was so great with the challenge Boston Rob and Sandra gave him, those two really liked him. So far, all my faves have been targets who barely survived.

The moleman said...

Interesting im rooting for Elisabeth and Chelsea but i can see kellee asa dark horse if she plays her idol correctly! Dont like the guys gameplay its embarrassing!