Thursday, February 13, 2020

Survivor 40: Richard Hatch Pleads His Case

Interesting video from Richard Hatch, claiming both he and Tina Wesson were asked, went through the whole process, then both were eliminated from the cast with no real reason given two days before they were supposed to start. In his original season I pegged him as the winner by the second episode. He's not a guy I'd really associate with, but he was innovative and a shrewd player. I would be curious how he'd do now. I don't think he'd do as well as he thinks he would. But, as he says, we'll never know. I wonder what happened with Tina.

6 comments:

~~Silk said...

Some people think it was because of the Sue Hawk incident, especially after the recent harassment mess.

NancySue said...

That would make sense.

Jackie S. said...

I would guess that would be one of the reasons. But I feel it's wrong of them to put him through all the physical exams, let him lose money invested in the PhD program, tell him it's a go and then cancel two days before he was supposed to leave. If that's true, that's so wrong.

~~Silk said...

Jackie, there are several versions of his recent dealings with CBS; this is his version, and honestly, I find his less credible than Russell Hantz's, and that's saying a LOT.

Glenn Allen said...

Thank you Jackie for the Video link.

Auntie Leigh said...

I'm pretty shocked that the show would even consider having him on...especially after last season and harassment stuff. Didn't he once sue the show? something about taxes? I loved him on that first season but that was then...this is now. I am so thrilled to have Boston Rob in the pool, "the Godfather of Survivor", but I can't imagine he will be able to get very far. Maybe he and Amber can have a daliance on Exile, away from the kids at last!