Wednesday, November 18, 2020

TAR32: November 18 Episode Blog Party

Hopefully our turnout will be a bit better tonight than it was last week. I found out after the fact that the show was against the Country Music Awards show. That could very well be the problem!


Lifeguard SueGee has updated the blog pool to show that both Lifeguard SueGee and I were Philiminated last week. You can see the update at this here link.

I will be updating this entry with the major events as the show airs here on the East Coast. Refresh the page to get the latest news! As always, the real party is in the comments area. I hope to see you there!

Seven teams remain. Who will be eliminated next?

Teams will take a train to Berlin, Germany. They're all on the same train, so it's off to an even start once again.

They have to go to the Berlin Wall (or site thereof). Their clues have them driving themselves around in a Trabant. They have to head to a disco. Apparently Berlin is big on disco and clubbing. Teams have to get in the groove, dancing until the music stops, to get their next clue. They have to get their picture as proof.

Then they're off to a hotel where Phil says there will be a Yield and they'll have the chance to use their hourglasses. Will and James are once again having trouble getting into gear, this time in a Trabant.

It was just brought to my attention that it's two hours tonight.

Is it the clutch on the car or their driving?

NFL is in the lead, they don't yield anyone. The Roadblock is not only rappelling down a building but solving a word scramble as they go. DeAngelo didn't even see the scrambled word going down. He makes a deal with Hung. It turns out the letters are visible as they're being hooked up to rappel, not while they're doing the act. The word is Sauerkraut. Three teams are sticking together -- Hung/Chee, NFL and one other.

Hung and Chee finish first. Detour - Learn beer yoga poses and then teach them Belch it Out or Belt it out, singing a song. 

NFL dudes are learning beer yoga. It's way more complicated than you would think. 

Haley and Kaylynn are once again running the leg in last place. Right now  now Haley is repeatedly doing the rappel, stuck on the word scramble. In her defense, other teams helped each other with the word.

NFL is headed to the next Pit Stop first!

Pit Stop Order:
1. DeAngelo and Gary - won $7,500 each
2. Riley and Maddison
3. Hung and Chee
4. Will and James
5. Eswar and Arpana
6. Leo and Alana
7. Haley and Kaylynn ... saved by the second non-Philimination!

Hmm ... offhand I can't think of any team saved twice by non-Philim legs, but there must have been.

Onto the second episode. Seven teams remain. Who will be eliminated next?

Teams are flying to Kazakhstan. I had to look that one up or spell it wrong!

They have to make a movie stop. A man goes by in flames on a horse. Eep. They have to watch an action sequence then answer questions. Or they have to learn a fight routine.

The Speed Bump for Haley and Kaylynn -- have to apply prosthetic beards to each other.

After the Detour, Yield ahead as they head off to the desert.

In the desert they meet up with camels. Teams must accessorize a yurt -- a movable hut. It is a freezing desert. (I know what this is due to Frankie -- Lily Tomlin -- in Grace and Frankie!) 

No teams have Yielded anyone yet. Argh. Leo and Alana are in last place and Will/James are yelling for next to last Blonds with beards to Yield them. Argh. They do it.

Sigh, Will/James finish the yurt first and are heading to a meat marketplace for their next clue.

The Pit Stop is at the location where the first apple tree grew. Will/James (unfortunately) are headed that way first. They are getting under my skin constantly going after Leo/Alana.

Pit Stop Order --
1. Will and James - won a trip to Las Vegas
Phil tells them the next leg is a mega leg, double everything and two hours for us.
2. Riley and Maddison
3. Hung and Chee
4. Gary and DeAngelo
5. Haley and Kaylynn
6. Eswar and Arpana
7. Leo and Alana -- Philiminated





87 comments:

The moleman said...

I'm ready to rock! So to speak

Jackie S. said...

Hey, moleman. Hopefully we'll have more people than the last few weeks!

The moleman said...

hopefully

Jackie S. said...

My blog pool team is out. I kind of like all the teams running right now. I think I'd like to see the ex-NFL guys do better, though.

The moleman said...

I like alot of the teams this season, not too sure about the ones in last though!

Jackie S. said...

I can only come to comments during commercials. So, I'll be back. Hopefully Penny or Joe or someone will show!

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jackie and Vincent. Appreciate this blog.

Hi Moleman


Where the heck is everyone???

The moleman said...

Hopefully they will show during the show!

Nickelpeed said...

Not another driving challenge!!

The moleman said...

Idk

Ed in Ohio said...

Hi Jackie, Moleman & Penny! Looks like a small crowd again this week.

The moleman said...

Looks that way

Nickelpeed said...

That car must have been in Eastern Germany because when I was there in Germany, I never saw one. It could have been made in East Germany. The cars there would only drive up to 50 mph. LOL

The moleman said...

Never been there, but it makes sense

Ed in Ohio said...

The big NFL guy barely fits in the back seat

Nickelpeed said...

Wow, small crowd. And, it' 2 hours, too, right??

The moleman said...

Let's see

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Ed.

Jackie S. said...

It is two hours. I didn't realize that. I'm glad more showed up!

Nickelpeed said...

I do not understand why teams do not learn to drive a stick. I first learned on a 3 speed on the column. LOL

Ed in Ohio said...

Fear of heights is a tough one to overcome

Ed in Ohio said...

Penny my first car was a 3 speed on the column too. Had a hard time starting from a stop on hills but learned quickly.

The moleman said...

1st for the 3rd time!

Jackie S. said...

I learned standard on Porsches and VWs in a summer job.

Ed in Ohio said...

Beer yoga... now that's a concept!

Nickelpeed said...

Ed, I think that was the big problem for most. I can't count the number of times I had to practice that. I feared I would actually not move fast enough; and hit the person behind me. I've had two 3 speed on the column. The first was when I was younger and it was a pick up, then I bought a Maverick with a 3 speed on the column. It's weird, I had to learn to drive a 4 and 5 speed because it's so different.

The moleman said...

Shocker!

Nickelpeed said...

How fun, Jackie!! I would have loved a Porsche coming home from Germany, but to get one with American Specs, it was more expensive than if you bought one in America.

Ed in Ohio said...

Learning to drive a stick paid off for me later on. I had a Z28 Camaro 4 speed that I raced.

Joe in NY said...

Hi folks. I've been here but too busy to post. I still can't believe how few people there are on here for TAR.

The moleman said...

1st 1st place

Jackie S. said...

Penny - 911R with a racing engine! That was the boss's car, the others were customer cars. It was VW/Porsche repair place. Oh ... and Corvairs, too.

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Joe

OMGosh! Ed! I would have loved a Z28 Camaro!

Jackie S. said...

I would have gotten drunk by the time I learned the beer yoga poses and taught the class. I have a low threshold for beer intake.

Ed in Ohio said...

Blonde sisters are my pool pick but I never thought they would go far. Honestly they should have been eliminated 2 weeks ago. (on the non-elimination)

The moleman said...

I think so too

SueGee said...

I'm here!! 2020 really is getting suckier

SueGee

Nickelpeed said...

Oh, Jackie, I would loved to work in a place like that. Wow.

In Germany they had BMWs and Audie's too. I haven't driven either. LOL

The moleman said...

All in the alliance

Nickelpeed said...

Hi SueGee!

Ed in Ohio said...

Well at least they didn't give up

Jackie S. said...

And, Ed ... they're still in it.

SueGee said...

Granddaughter (in college) tested positive Monday. So is her bf. My son, who went to lunch with her recently, got tested today and is negative. My gd has so many health conditions this is really, really scary. They are all in Iowa

The moleman said...

Again with the non- philimination and top 5 are in the mine 5 alliance together!

Nickelpeed said...

2 non-philiminations. Uhmmmm

Nickelpeed said...

Ooops, I meant 2 non-philimintions in a row.

SueGee said...

There usually is 2 non-philiminations

Ed in Ohio said...

They should have been eliminated. Saved twice really?!

SueGee said...

I don't remember the same team before either. Remember when they took all their money away and they had to beg??

Ed in Ohio said...

Sue, Best wishes for your GD & her BF

Jackie S. said...

Penny - There was one leg between the non-elims because I got kicked out of the pool.

SueGee said...

So did I Jackie! Kicked out

SueGee said...

Thanks Ed. It is just so scary!

Jackie S. said...

Sue - I'm so sorry to hear that! Prayers going out her way, as well as for her boyfriend and your son.

SueGee said...

Thanks Jackie. Never got this close to me before..

The moleman said...

Speed bump dosent sound hard

Ed in Ohio said...

TAR just doesn't have the popularity as Survivor or Big Brother for our regular pool friends.

Jackie S. said...

Ed - One of the big draws for BB is the live feeds. I think Survivor is actually a more popular show, but the BB live feeds draw more crowds on the internet.

Jackie S. said...

The day after election mess and the CMA award show also dampened the crowds for this show.

Ed in Ohio said...

I'm sure you're right Jackie, especially about BB.

SueGee said...

Double shows next week too!! CBS must need the time slot for Christmas shows

The moleman said...

Kind of a fast season

Ed in Ohio said...

Maybe the blonde sisters can count better than they can spell

Nickelpeed said...

Oh no, Sue!! Sending prayers to your granddaughter, her b/f and friends. Younger kids do not like to follow the rules right now. They do not realize it can affect them, too.

SueGee said...

Thank you Penny...she has been so very careful because of her health conditions.

Nickelpeed said...

I can't believe the blondes made it through.

I'm glad Leo and Alana finally made it through.

Nickelpeed said...

SueGee, I feel sorry for her. And, she'll never know how she got it. Her boyfriend or one of her friends could have given it to her.

I'm really careful. I have asthma. I can't imagine how hard it would be if I got Covid.

Then she has to quarantine herself. That's going to be hard.

Nickelpeed said...

Moleman, I think it's a fast season because of COVID issues. Other shows have been speed demons. I watch American Ninja Warrior, they were done in, I think, 6 episodes.

The moleman said...

Mabye,i think if this season was spread out and with no covid the players would probably get more recognition!

SueGee said...

This season was actually filmed in early 2019 and CBS had been saving it for some reason

Nickelpeed said...

Well, I just read that this season was filmed quite awhile ago. Maybe they're going fast because they have mid-season replacements waiting. ????

Nickelpeed said...

LOL, SueGee, I said a similar thing. I wonder why they were holding it?

The moleman said...

They have there reasons

SueGee said...

I don't think we will have another TAR for a long time. Survivor would be doable with everyone going into isolation for a while first. Then filming on an island...

The moleman said...

Think they started early this year and sent teams back about 1-2 weeks in!

The moleman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nickelpeed said...

This will be a mad rush.

The moleman said...

Interesting

Ed in Ohio said...

G'Nite All! Stay Safe!!

Thanks Jackie!

SueGee said...

Awww I liked them

Nickelpeed said...

Thank you Jackie. See everyone next week? I might not be able to watch, but will try to be here. If not, Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Jackie S. said...

Moleman - Yes, they had to stop filming because if COVID and get home before the airports closed.

The moleman said...

Looks like will and james won that battle, and eswar and aparna survive!

Jackie S. said...

Thanks for coming by!

The moleman said...

Top 3 for hung and chee that is

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jackie and everyone. I am sorry I missed the last couple weeks but had not been feeling well. I had several medicines added and some had to be changed. I am doing better now and hope to be here next week.

chrob61 said...

Hung and Chee!!! Seeing that you are the brains in that big alliance, I say dump them and go on your own from now on!! Giving those doofus NFL players the sauerkraut and them grabbing their taxi is the last straw!

I also kinda like the blondes, they have a fun relationship and are supportive of each other.