Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Survivor 41: Season Premiere Blog Party

 


Are y'all ready? Tonight's show is two hours (leading into Big Brother). Since it is so long and I will probably have a lot to write about, the blog pool match-ups as well as images/names of the new castaways are at THIS LINKED POST. That post can be used as a cheat sheet until we get used to the names!

I will try to keep updating the best I can through tonight's show as it airs here on the East Coast -- it's always hard until I get the names down and I won't really have the luxury of checking out my own cast cheat sheet while updating! Refresh this page to get the latest news. As always, the real party is in the comments area. Please feel free to join in on the fun!

It sounds like we're in for some changes according to Jeff. And, I'm not just talking the 26 instead of 39. They're running clips of the new castaways. Tiffany was an alternate. Except for her, all the others were in a holding pattern during the pandemic. The tribes are being boated to a barge already wearing the color buffs. Naseer learned English by watching Survivor from season 21 on.

Jeff asks them if calling them all "guys" is okay. No one objects. I don't object either. As long as he doesn't call them all "dudes." He tells them it's a shorter season, very meager supplies -- one machete, one flint, no rice. Gameplay has never been more dangerous.

They have to find their color-coded six paddles, get in tribe boat, go retrieve flint. Only one tribe gets the machete and flint. The others get nothing. Yase (yellow) can't even find their paddles! Ua (green) pulled out in front of Luvu (blue) who didn't release one of their anchors. Oops! Ua wins the machete and flint!

Ua is pulling together nicely. Jairus, one of the child castaways (born 2001) even made fire. Yase has to choose between two tasks. If they complete one they can earn supplies. The physical challenge has them filling barrels with ocean water, only two in there. David who wanted the savvy challenge (solving a triangle riddle) rather than sweat got drafted. He's not happy. On Luvu, they also go for the water hauling.

Genie has been married to her wife for 25 years. Ricard is married to his transgender pregnant husband and they have a daughter. On Luvu, Danny and Deshawn carry the water AND search for idols! Uh-oh ... Naseer sees them and tells the others! Nothing like putting targets on their backs on the first day!

Liana and Evvie are bonding. Yase's Abraham is already pointing out what he perceives as weaknesses on his tribe. Heck, they were ALL weak if they missed that paddle!

Jairus is called JD. He is working with Brad already. JD seems to be rubbing many the wrong way and Ricard and the women already have him on their radar.

Both tribes finished the water challenge. One of the women tell Danny and Deshawn that Naseer told them they were looking for idols so now they decide that Naseer needs to go first.

Luvu has a visitor which needs one of them to go with him. Danny volunteers. Xander goes for Yase. JD pulls rocks with his tribe and ends up getting the odd rock.

The three see a sign telling them to go to the summit and get to know each other. JD tells us he was picked on while growing up. His Survivor "heroes" like Ozzy and Woo gave him inspiration.

At the top of the summit, a sign directs them to separate and make a decision. They can protect their vote, risk their vote. If all choose the first all stays the same. Risk has them risk to get an extra vote. Danny wants Protect. It doesn't show what the other two decided.

Danny tells his tribe the truth. Xander risked it and told his tribe. He said he did it for the team. JD tells them he protected his vote. They all think he's lying.

First Immunity Challenge is at hand. The game must be afoot. Ricard brings up that he doesn't like "guys." Jeff is happy. He won't say it again. He tells them of a new twist at Tribal. Shot in the Dark. Don't vote, reach in for a 1 in 6 shot for safety in the voting booth.

Over and under obstacles to sled, load puzzle pieces, clear track, pull up track and two members solve puzzle. Two losing tribes go to Tribal, two going home. Both losing tribes lose their flint.

LUVU wins Immunity! Ua and Yase have to give Jeff their flints.

Tiffany and Liana want to target Abraham while Abraham wants David and Xander to target Tiffany. They bring in Evvie who acts like she agrees. Evvie works on David to switch the target to Abraham. Tiffany knows her name is out there. She goes looking for an idol. Jeff shows us where he hid it and she goes right by it.

Sara is crying on her tribe. Ricard is pushing for JD to go. He talks to the others and they all seem to be on board. Brad comes along and says JD is strong and the weak players are Shantel and Sara.

Yase and Ua head off to Tribal Council to face Jeff's Probsting questions. First up is Yase. In answer Abraham talks about moving on with the strengths. Tiffany says he talks around in circles. Jeff starts asking and talking about the Shot in the Dark. Xander collects his extra vote at the booth. 

Jeff goes to tally the votes. Tiffany, Abraham, Abraham, Abraham, Abraham. That's four, enough. Abraham is the first out. He didn't see it coming at all but it's all his fault.

Ua goes in. Jeff congratulates them on the first win they had from the vote. JD again says he protected his vote. Hmm. Jeff brings up to Sara about the puzzle piece she accidentally left in the bag which cost them the challenge. Uh-oh ... whispering while JD is talking. Sara and Shan were the names out there. Whoa! Ricard just whispered to JD to vote Brad! They all bring their dice for Shot in the Dark. YES! JD was lying! He has the extra vote!

Jeff tallies the votes. Ricard, Sara, Brad, Sara, Sara. Sara is voted out.

   

119 comments:

Judi Sweeney said...

I’m ready Jackie!!! Thank you and Laurie! He everyone coming in for the splash!

Petals said...

SPLASH!!!!!

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jackie and Judi and Petals and Everyone

Petals said...

Hi Jackie & Vincent and everyone.

Petals said...

I have a case of STELLA and some fresh fruit

Glenn Allen said...

It sounds like Big Brother with the Risk Rewards.

monty924 said...

Hello everyone…

So happy for a new season of Survivor!!!

SueGee said...

howdy everyone!! So glad we have this show back!!!

Squeegee

Petals said...

Squeeeeee

tbc said...

Hi. Forgot this started tonight. Didn’t put my name in the pool! Ugh.

Joe in NY said...

Hi folks.

Petals said...

Oh geeminy, Jeff

SueGee said...

Probably wont hang around too long tonight. Hard to follow the blog until I see the first episode for myself!

Unknown said...

I'm so excited 😆😀😆

Petals said...

Hi Teeb, hey BF

Petals said...

What an odd world we're in, when "guys" may be offensive, but queer is OK?

SueGee said...

I think game play was most dangerous when they were in Africa!! Lions and Tigers and Bears Oh My!!

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jackie and Vincent. Thank you Jackie!

I'm so excited for this!!

Nickelpeed said...

I agree SueGee

Petals said...

Wow, Ua

Nickelpeed said...

CRAP

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Monty Suee Gee and Unknown and Joe and TBC

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Penny!

monty924 said...

I forgot my pool person but I don’t think she’ll last long.

monty924 said...

Oh wait… it’s Sarai think

Nickelpeed said...

Green team played smart.

Petals said...

I wonder why it's going to be a short season?

tbc said...

I was thinking that, too, Petals

SueGee said...

I read an interview where Jeff said they might keep the shorter season forever

Petals said...

Wow, silver fox is very attractive.

Petals said...

Wait, he's Tran, or his husband is?

Glenn Allen said...

Ihave Brad from the Green Tribe. This Season is exciting with the new challenges

Nickelpeed said...

Uh oh, dissention already. Go figure! LOL

SueGee said...

My pool pick is in the Green too...Genie

SueGee

tbc said...

Transgend pregnant man…. What he said about his partner

monty924 said...

Short season because easier or less to have to control

Nickelpeed said...

Petals, his husband is transgender and pregnant.

Petals said...

I have Erika, little blue girl

Jackie S. said...

It's short due to having to quarantine for two weeks. And, queer is not really acceptable by the masses.

Nickelpeed said...

Looks like my guy is in trouble on he Blue team.

Petals said...

Thanks Teeb, thanks Jackie.

Glenn Allen said...

Cool Sue Gee. Hopefully Green Team stays intact tonight!

monty924 said...

I love the wildlife on Survivor but I couldn’t do it for the same reason 🙃

Petals said...

Aww, I liked JD

Petals said...

A Pastor with an evil tune she hums?

Petals said...

Maybe I missed it, but what was the purpose of the barrels?

monty924 said...

I missed it too trying to blog on the phone. I think they had to do it to win a machete???

Glenn Allen said...

They had to win all their Supplies.

monty924 said...

I’m gonna have to sign off until BB. I can’t do the phone thing for three hours, lol

See you all in a bit 😘

Petals said...

Thanks!

Petals said...

I wave to get my laptop, but that'd require getting out of bed, lol

Nickelpeed said...

See you later, Monty.

Petals said...

I hope this makes JD safe

Petals said...

Ah, Ozzy

Petals said...

Wow, fun twist

Glenn Allen said...

This is a crazy season so far. It's Like Big Brothers Risk and Reward.

Petals said...

True Glenn

Petals said...

Maybe I'm just too groggy, but I'm lost. Lol
I'll just see what happens...

Petals said...

Did he lie?

Petals said...

Oh for flips sake

tbc said...

🙄🙄

tbc said...

I do love these competitions

Jackie S. said...

I think he lied, Petals. I don't believe they showed his choice unless I missed it.

Nickelpeed said...

Oh crap

Nickelpeed said...

I'm going to mute this. LOL

Nickelpeed said...

I'm actually enjoying this season.

Nickelpeed said...

I just muted Jeff. It's irritating sometimes.

Nickelpeed said...

Come on Blue!!!

tbc said...

Yes!

SueGee said...

Please let me introduce my new kitty Ginger-------->>>
She was rescued yesterday and is still hiding from us LOL

Nickelpeed said...

Wow, they came from behind. Wow.

Petals said...

I'm glad Danny is safe, but poor JD

Nickelpeed said...

Oh, she's so cute SueGee! I really want a ginger, but I am deathly allergic to cats. I still want one, though. :'(

Petals said...

Jd has glasses, they can use those for fire

Nickelpeed said...

But, that one guy is so distrusting. I think he just targets JD because he's so upbeat all the time.

Glenn Allen said...

Wow my Green Tribe in Trouble, Hoping Brad stays, Hate they left Pieces in the Bag. Losing Flint not Good. I wonder how Casting dies will work.

Nickelpeed said...

SueGee, she has beautiful green eyes!

Petals said...

Stupid chicks voting out a strong guy???

Nickelpeed said...

I don't think it's smart to take out strength.

Petals said...

Congrats SQUEEEE on your lucky new fur baby

Nickelpeed said...

I agree, they have to keep the team strong.

Nickelpeed said...

Stupid, stupid girls.

Nickelpeed said...

OMGosh, right in plain sight

Petals said...

Wow. Hope he wins the dice thing

Nickelpeed said...

How stupid. Keep your strength. I don't like this guy.

Glenn Allen said...

Not good for my Pool Pick Brad!

Nickelpeed said...

Please don't be a Ulong tribe!

Jackie S. said...

Congrats on the new family addition, Sue!

Nickelpeed said...

UGH! These people!

Nickelpeed said...

They're showing the ad for the new Dune. Jason Momoa - WOW!

Petals said...

What a cute little village!

Nickelpeed said...

This is nervewracking

monty924 said...

Ginger is a cutie, Suegee!! Back for the end of Survivor and on to BB. I've been way too confused to comment on this show on my phone or not, lol.

Back in a bit 🙂

Nickelpeed said...

Great - lost one of their strong men. WOW

Petals said...

Stupid

Glenn Allen said...

Wow Abraham voted out!

Nickelpeed said...

I'll probably peek in and out of BB. I don't want to put my husband through 3 hours of shows. LOL

Petals said...

This 'girl power' will icky get them so far... that was just...:smh:

SueGee said...

I can hardly wait to actually watch the show out here tonight!

Glenn Allen said...

Congrats Sue Gee on the new Cat!

Nickelpeed said...

These people are so stupid. That is why the game did that, to foster distrust.

Petals said...

Paranoid, dumb

SueGee said...

Thanks for all you good thoughts on my new furbaby!! Just went to check on her and she ate her dinner and went back in her cubbyhole. I know she was roaming around last night and will probably do some more exploring again tonight. It has been 16+ years since the last "new" cat. At least this one is quiet. The last one, bless her heart, had a BIG voice.

monty924 said...

Green going to LIVE LIVE tribal, lol. Love it!

Petals said...

These dumb girls are getting rid of a strong guy. Again

Nickelpeed said...

OMG! Are they going to be stupid, too?

Nickelpeed said...

Die? They have dice?

Nickelpeed said...

YES!!!

Nickelpeed said...

Such a Ulong trib

monty924 said...

Ha.. first one out of my tribe. Oh well, it was fun, LOL

Nickelpeed said...

At least some were smart.

Petals said...

Yay!!!!!!!

Petals said...

She was your pool person, Monty?

Nickelpeed said...

How did they all vote? Will they show it or will I have to go to the site?

Glenn Allen said...

Sarah Voted out.

Petals said...

Is the dice a once in the entire game thing?

Glenn Allen said...

Wow Monty

monty924 said...

Petals, yes! I didn't have a good feeling from the get go so I'm good, lol. I like to root for my personal favs anyways and it's fun to be voted out the first night. I think I have been several times over the years. :)))

Nickelpeed said...

See everyone over on BB.