Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Survivor 41: September 29th Episode Blog Party

 


Okay, it's the second episode of the season but we're already down two castaways. Lifeguard Laurie has updated the blog pool to reflect the dearly departed (although we hardly knew thee!) --

LUVU TRIBE BLUE
Danny McCray - Cheryl in NC, Nickelpeed, Jennifer
Deshawn Radden - Kelsey NY, PDX Granny, Jlaf
Erika Casupanan - Petals, Pam Arceneaux, Margo
Heather Aldret - Debbie, Joanne Victoria
Naseer Muttalif - CherryPie, Tammy M
Sydney Segal - Joyce Erickson, Laurie

UA TRIBE GREEN
Brad Reese - Marlo L, Glenn Allen, Shannon
Genie Chen - SueGee, Laura in GA, Bren
Jairus Robinson - Sydney, Brandi
Ricard Foye - Mikes Girl, GiLLL
Shantel Smith- Marthalight, Jackie

YASE  TRIBE YELLOW
David Voce - Donna NY, Judy Sweeney, Skyriverblue
Evvie Jagoda - Sharon C, bizaro22, Indiana Jane
Liana Wallace - Terry is a Texan, ChicMC
Tiffany Seely - David, Dr_Celine
Xander Hastings - Donna in FL, April

OUT
Eric Abraham
Sara Wilson

Tonight's episode will only be an hour long unlike last week. However, it will be followed by the two-hour season finale of BB23. A separate post for that show will magically appear a few minutes before 9PM EDT. 

I will be live-blogging the best I can as the show airs here on the East Coast. Please be patient with me as I'm still trying to get the names down! Refresh this page to get the latest happenings. As always, the real party is in the comments area. Please feel free to join in on the fun!

On Ua, Brad is all kinds of worried about JD and Ricard because they went off to get water together. Horrors! Brad pulls a Tony and finds a hiding place to spy on them. They are talking about a "he" and he knows he's the only other he on the tribe. Shan is now leery of Brad because he ran to her to tell her. She tells Ricard as they are allies. Heh.

On Luvu, Deshawn is having trouble making fire. Naseer knows how to but doesn't want them to think he's all that knowing about such things. But then he helps. The tribe is realizing how valuable the man is!

On Yase, they seem to be crab hunting. Liana and Xander go off searching for the rest of their tribe, but Xander is actually looking for an advantage or idol. And he finds one! Advantage, beware ... if he takes it it's his if he doesn't take it, leave it. Hmm. He opens it. Congrats! A three-way shared immunity, each tribe has one. Has to say secret phrase at immunity challenge and wait for others to say theirs. He cannot vote until then. He shares the letter with Liana and Evvie, then David Voce (they call him Voce on the show). He's worried. Evvie wants the women to work together now that they have an extra vote.

Immunity Challenge time. One swims out, retrieves a key, then others through water obstacles, two do puzzle. Reward fishing gear. One big trophy, one small for second place. Losing tribe loses their flint again. Tiffany is holding back Yase. Uh-oh.

LUVU wins Immunity AGAIN! Ua wins the second place immunity! Yase goes to Tribal again. Jeff tells them that a member of Luvu take a journey and must take one of Yase. They choose Evvie. Deshawn volunteers to go. 

Tiffany is apologetic for holding up their tribe but feels pretty secure with her female alliance. No one said the phrase to Xander, so he has lost his vote. David Voce has to get Liana and Evvie to line up with him against Tiffany. But, of course, Evvie is away and the women plan to vote off Xander.

Deshawn and Evvie are off on their journey. She really wants an ally on another tribe out of this. They go on a journey much like the three last week up the mountain. A bit on Deshawn's med student background. She tells him Xander might have an advantage due to the visit there last week. She also tells him "how the idols work" this season.

They face a risk or protect vote option like before. Evvie knows she needs to protect her vote. She thinks Deshawn will do the same because they talked about voting together down the line. She protects while he risks. Oh my.

Evvie returns to camp. The women cement their decision to vote out Xander. They will hide it from David. Voce, I have to remember to call him Voce. Tiffany is all befuddled about how Xander's "idol" works. Tiffany wants them to vote out Voce. Now Liana and Evvie are skeptical about keeping Tiffany. Tiffany is SO LOST at understanding.

Onto Tribal Council. When asked by Jeff, Tiffany says she feels vulnerable and is not happy about that. Xander admits being humbled. Voce says in surgery you review your errors so it won't happen again. They need to do that here. Xander does indeed get the note that he cannot vote until all three idols are found.

Jeff tallies the votes -- Tiffany, Voce, Voce, Voce.

They are creating their own tribal suicide. It's a shame because Liana and Evvie are so much better than that.  

107 comments:

Joe in NY said...

Hi folks

Judi Sweeney said...

Hi Joe and everyone who follows

Petals said...

~*~*~*~*~ SPLASH ~*~*~*~~**~

BF! xoxox

Hey Jackie & Vincent and everyone.

Monty will join us for BB, but may skip this show of Survivor.

Petals said...

another Tony spy shack or whatever he called it?

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jackie and Vincent. Thank you, Jackie, for your blog.

Hi Joe and Judi.

This group is one of the most untrusting group ever. What's he think, he's Russell or Tony?

Petals said...

LOL At first I thought he said, "I hunt gay animals..."

tbc said...

Hi!!

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jackie and Joe and Petals and Judi

Petals said...

LOL ditto Penny!

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Petals

Petals said...

Hey Glenn!

Petals said...

Yes, this is an uber-paranoid group. NO ONE is aligning!

Nickelpeed said...

Richard doesn't like anybody there. LOL

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Glenn and tbc

Glenn Allen said...

Not looking good Brad with the Spying

Petals said...

No one seems to like anyone :( WHERE IS THE LOVE?

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Penny. Brad looking Sketchy.

Nickelpeed said...

That poor man, what a life to live. But, he was happy

Petals said...

I like the poor guy! Naseer! He's happy just to have water!

Cheryl in NC said...

Hey all

Glenn Allen said...

Hi TBC,

Joe in NY said...

They want to keep Naseer. Translation: he's going home tonight.

Petals said...

Penny - get outta my head, LOL xox

CherryPie said...

Hello all that follow...i think im getting over my covid got to get another test yet.

Petals said...

Joe - you also get outta my head. Sadly, this is a weird group(s) of people. Stop making us like people if the bitter Gen-Z'ers are just gonna get rid of them.

"he's too happy" = gotta go
"he's very athletic" = gotta go
"seems to get along with everyone" = gotta go

We'll be left with an island of misfit, angry, broken TOYS!

Petals said...

How are you feeling, Cherry? Better?

Cheryl in NC said...

Hey Cherry. That's great news

Petals said...

Paranoia Island...not entertaining to me so far.

Judi Sweeney said...

Hi Penny, Glenn, and tbc

Nickelpeed said...

Hi CherryPie, Joe and Cheryl.

Nickelpeed said...

Not what he expected. LOL

Nickelpeed said...

Beautiful Flying Fox.

Nickelpeed said...

LOLOLOLOL

Petals said...

I guess that squib of curl he has hanging is his "thang"

Nickelpeed said...

Those phrases are way out there.

CherryPie said...

A little better getting another test done at the end of the week. Thanks for asking Petals

Nickelpeed said...

About time, stay with the women.

Petals said...

OK, I really do NOT like any single chick on this cast.

Nickelpeed said...

Hope everything will go well, CherryPie.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi CherryPie and Cheryl.

Joe in NY said...

Didn't Jeff just call them "guys"?

Petals said...

in 4 wks we'll be left with the Nerd Herd of Fiji.

Petals said...

really, Joe, I missed it?!?! LOL

Petals said...

PS - love your pics of your OBX vacay lately!

Nickelpeed said...

When I was still in high school, there was a new girl from Kentucky. I say guys, always have. We were play field hockey. I yelled "Come on guys" She started looking around. I asked her if something was wrong. She said, "You yelled guys, am I missing them?" LOL

Petals said...

I say GUYS! Some of this stuff is just getting ridic.

Nickelpeed said...

Well, yellow decided to get out Abraham, maybe they should have kept him??

Petals said...

who is the strongest player left on the yellow team? B/c that is who they will evict... @@

Glenn Allen said...

Tiffany not looking good in the Challenge

Nickelpeed said...

I still use the word guys. If I get called out, I just tell them, I have used it all my life. Hard to break a habit.

Petals said...

That's what I'm saying, Penny. This is gross.

Nickelpeed said...

YAYAYAYAY

Petals said...

c'mon Blue!

Petals said...

so when yellow loses, I bet they evict Xander.

Petals said...

OR Maybe Tiffany will offer to evict herself, bc she can't hang.

Nickelpeed said...

I wonder what this is about. Could they possibly switch tribes?

Marlo L said...

I hope they get smart and not go a woman Marlo

Nickelpeed said...

I know the women on yellow want to stick together, but if they are smart, they'll vote Tiffany off. However, I can see that not happening.

Glenn Allen said...

My Pool Pick Brad safe since Green Tribe won 2nd place Immunity.

Cheryl in NC said...

Penny if they have any sense they will..It would be crazy to send home a strong player.

Jackie S. said...

If Yase keeps it up, the tribes will mix up sooner rather than later!

Glad you're feeling better, CherryPie

Petals said...

I see them evicting a man...you can just smell it on them.

Forcing CBS to switch-up the tribes quicker than usual, b/c the yellow team will keep losing and the other teams will be forced to absorb them.

Nickelpeed said...

Marlo, if they do not vote out a woman, yellow will always lose. They've got to keep strong. Or, they'll be left with only one person, like the Ulong tribe.

Petals said...

CALLED IT! Idiots

Nickelpeed said...

That's exactly what I said Petals. CBS could let them dwindle down to only one person, like the Ulong tribe.

Nickelpeed said...

OMG! The women know Xander does not have a vote. Wow, the women are playing stupid.

Joe in NY said...

This tribe is going to get decimated. LOL. Tiffany is going to be useless in challenges.

Cheryl in NC said...

Normally I want the girls to stay together...but these girls are dumb...its too early for that now

Nickelpeed said...

This is the only thing that can save them. We'll see what happens. Boy, I hope he doesn't trust her.

Nickelpeed said...

Beautiful

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Marlo.

Nickelpeed said...

Yikes!

Marlo L said...

Hahaha i ment not go with a woman Alliance

Glenn Allen said...

Evie is really playing a Floater Rat Game.

Petals said...

Wow...after the year I've had - we've ALL had - and all the most recent stuff in the news, my patience is dwindling.
I love you guys, and I love this pool, but this season has swung so far in the wrong direction that it is angering me more than I feel is healthy (for me). I have so much real life stuff to worry about, and Survivor used to be mindless, fun entertainment. Now it is just...more than I can stomach on top of everything else.

This is the worst miscarriage of the game of Survivor that I can remember, and they tried so hard to make it "fair" and "equal"...now I am running out of words that won't offend someone.
See you at the BB party.

Marlo L said...

Wow eveyone is gaming hard. Love it so unlike bb

Nickelpeed said...

It's like I said, the women on yellow will regret their choices.

Jackie S. said...

Petals - Just a reminder that you pretty much always find so much fault in the beginning of the season, yet keep watching. However, if you want to stop watching, fine.

Marlo L said...

They sure will

Nickelpeed said...

I really hate to see Xander go. What a stupid way to think, women. Protect the women at any cost. Come on guys!! Really?

Joe in NY said...

Tiffany is not only a physical mess, she's strategically weak. What is the point of keeping her?

Marlo L said...

I so dont like tiffany

Cheryl in NC said...

paranoid

Nickelpeed said...

Aww, Petals, this is only a small part of the game. Only one tribe. There are 2 others.

This is really making Tiffany look bad.

Joe in NY said...

See, again. Jeff said "guys". I wouldn't care but they made such a big thing of not saying it anymore last week.

Petals said...

Jackie, I'd rather read your recaps the next day, b/c I can't watch what this is...it's just like watch a bully on a certain season, or a showmance.
This has a political feel to me, and I don't want to bring my biases about that to your pool.
Because I do respect you, I choose to not continue to comment on this season.
I thought you'd be proud of me :(

Nickelpeed said...

The problem is the women think it's no problem to lose.

Nickelpeed said...

Petals, but it has always been political. The men always decide to stay together and vote off weakness. Politically correctness is everywhere.

Joe in NY said...

The one thing that has always bothered me about survivor, ever since the early seasons, is that MOST tribes felt it was okay to vote out strength early because winning wasn't that important.

Nickelpeed said...

This is so sad. How stupid.

Cheryl in NC said...

even dumber

Nickelpeed said...

Well, we know who will lose all over again.

Nickelpeed said...

They changed their minds because Voce is a doctor. Very sad.

Cheryl in NC said...

How dumb can you be girls...ughhhhh

Joe in NY said...


the men always try to vote off weakness. But that's rarely how it goes. 1st chance, they vote off the strongest guy. LOL. Remember the season with the Air Force pilot who had survival training. He was doing everything and he was the 1st or second one voted off. I laughed hysterically at his exit interview when he said something like: someone call the Red Cross, they're going to die out here.

Nickelpeed said...

So, right, Joe. It's never been important to the tribes

Jackie S. said...

Okay, Petals. To be honest, I'm really not seeing anything political about the season. But I know you have other stuff going on.

Marlo L said...

That was crazy. Bye bye yellow tribe

Cheryl in NC said...

The other 2 girls just threw their game away for Tiff...I don't get it...I kinda understood if they voted out Zander..but the other guy

Nickelpeed said...

Yeah, voting Terry Deitz out was stupid.

Joe in NY said...

Oh, Petals. I'm sympathetic but it's no different than BB to me. It's all becoming political and it makes it hard for me to enjoy. I'm an academic, my whole day is full of this stuff. I want the TV show to take me away from my reality, not drive me further into it.

Nickelpeed said...

See everyone on BB.

Cheryl in NC said...

See ya at BB

Petals said...

TYJ

Jackie S. said...

BB post is up!

Marlo L said...

Night all thanks Jackie

Anonymous said...

Petals, you were the only one on the BB blog who made me feel welcome. I thank you for that, and although I've not posted here before, I hope you will stay. Just remember - it's only a game! I'm sure we all have problems, and we have to consider the reality shows an entertaining break from our own reality! And on Survivor, I'm keeping an eye on Brad and Naseer!


Anon S