Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Survivor 41: October 13 Episode Blog Party

 



Good evening! I hope everyone is doing well. Are you ready for another episode of this rather new-fangled twists season? I'm getting a bit befuddled with all these bizarre idol twists and walks through the countryside. I guess we'll find out tonight if Brad's now lost part of the three part idol will be re-hidden. I would think so. Otherwise three people won't get an idol each. We know how the show pushes the idols.

Lifeguard Laurie has updated the pool and here's where we currently stand:

LUVU TRIBE BLUE
Danny McCray - Cheryl in NC, Nickelpeed, Jennifer
Deshawn Radden - Kelsey NY, PDX Granny, Jlaf
Erika Casupanan - Petals, Pam Arceneaux, Margo
Heather Aldret - Debbie, Joanne Victoria
Naseer Muttalif - CherryPie, Tammy M
Sydney Segal - Joyce Erickson, Laurie

UA TRIBE GREEN
Genie Chen - SueGee, Laura in GA, Bren
Jairus Robinson - Sydney, Brandi
Ricard Foye - Mikes Girl, GiLLL
Shantel Smith- Marthalight, Jackie

YASE  TRIBE YELLOW
Evvie Jagoda - Sharon C, bizaro22, Indiana Jane
Liana Wallace - Terry is a Texan, ChicMC
Tiffany Seely - David, Dr_Celine
Xander Hastings - Donna in FL, April

OUT
Eric Abraham
Sara Wilson
David Voce
Brad Reese

I'll be updating this entry with the major events as the show airs here on the East Coast. Refresh the page to get the latest news! As always, the real party is in the comments area. Please feel free to join in on the fun! Survivor fans ready?

Ua - Coming back from Tribal. Genie feels all alone because Brad went and he was her only ally. She says she will not help them anymore. Shan tells her about Brad's advantage that he had kept secret from her (Genie). She ends up giving JD his advantage back.

Oh my ... we're already into the Immunity Challenge? Yikes! Oh. It's a pure Reward Challenge. First two tribes to finish -- 1st gets a local visitor who will aid them in how to survive. 2nd gets a fish. They have to toss a ball up and let it roll down a raised platform over their heads, run to catch it on the other side. Then they must dig to go under a pole. Then toss the balls on a beam to balance them.

GENIE made the final shot for Ua and they win. Yase wins second. And Luvu has their first loss. Heather is hysterically crying because she just couldn't get through the first part. Her tribemates are consoling her and trying to cheer her up. After all, it was just Reward.

Yase - They are loving their fish! Tiffany is actually (seemingly) thriving. They find a whole bunch of turtles. Baby ones, that is. They cheer the turtles on as the babies head to the ocean.

Ua - The local Nathan shows them how to climb coconut trees. It's a bit reminiscent of Ozzy. He gives them advice on catching fish. Uh-oh, now Ricard is thinking they don't need Genie again!

Luvu - Erika doesn't feel bad about losing ... she's just happy to be there. She observes that Sydney's emotions might be the downfall of the tribe. But when she voices her thoughts to Deshawn, it kind of puts her in the spotlight. Ohh ... he tells us he thinks she's sneaky. Deshawn runs to Sydney to tell her what Erika said about her.

Then Deshawn tells Danny. Now the target is on Erika if they lose. Heck, they're talking about throwing the challenge! Danny does not want to do that!

Immunity Challenge time. Race through water, collect three bags of logs, push through a tunnel, find key on one log, unlock the ring, toss three on pegs. Deshawn is going very slowly. He's retying the knots on the logs bags instead of untying. Heh, Naseer's efforts to win thwart Deshawn's efforts to lose.

Yase wins Immunity! And, despite Deshawn, Naseer wins the 2nd Immunity for Luvu. Ua will go to Tribal tonight.

Genie tells JD she is thinking of doing the Shot in the Dark, rolling the die. They lose their votes when they do that. JD thinks Genie should go because if she doesn't, it could very well be him. Shan wants to put Genie's focus on JD to protect Ricard. Oh my. What a tangled web we weave when we practice to deceive. Oh geez ... JD falls for Shan's trust speech and lets her hold his advantage of the extra vote. What a gullible kid!

Tribal time! Jeff points out that Genie's body language seems exhaustion, defeat? She says she's playing from the bottom. She is sure the tribe is just placating her to keep her from using the Shot in the Dark -- which is another confusing thing introduced this season. Emotion is big on all of them.

JD votes Genie. No others shown.

The tally -- Genie, JD, JD, JD.

Oh, silly boy. His childhood dream blown in a minute. Not to mention, Shan still has his extra vote advantage for herself now. You KNOW she won't be fool enough to give it to someone to hold to prove their trust.


59 comments:

Joe in NY said...

Hi folks

Jackie S. said...

Good evening!

tbc said...

Hi!

tbc said...

She’s gone

Jackie S. said...

tbc - I don't know. Her tribe has strong people for Immunity.

Jackie S. said...

Where is everybody? Is there some awards or sports show on?

tbc said...

Oh I see, Jackie. Hmmm

SueGee said...

Howdy everyone!! I think I can follow along w/o the TV...know enough of the names..

Squegee

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jackie and Joe and TBC,I feel sorry for Heather!

Glenn Allen said...

Hi SueGee

tbc said...

Aww. I love turtles

SueGee said...

No Baseball tonight Jackie...no football that I know of either.

Glenn Allen said...

I do to TBC. The Turtles were great to See!

SueGee said...

Anyone want some pizza? I have a Chuckwagon (everything meat and veggie) and a Prairie Pie (artichoke hearts, fresh tomatoes and garlic)

And who has the beer??

Squeegee

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jackie and Vincent! Thank you for giving us a place to meet.

Hi tbc, SueGee, Glenn, and Joe.

tbc said...

I have wine… I can run out for some Stella though. I’ll have a slice of the chuck wagon

Jackie S. said...

SueGee - That last one sounds so California pizza!

Nickelpeed said...

It never turns out good when you lose on purpose.

SueGee said...

I Just remembered my dh bought some 7 oz Corona's. They are so cute and just enough for a couple gulps

I went to Bronco Billy's Pizza which is very Californian. Started near where they used to film silent movies back in the day.

Nickelpeed said...

Today's been a long sad day. We buried my mother-in-law today. It was hard.

Glenn Allen said...

Penny I am sorry for your loss.

SueGee said...

So sorry Penny. A friend of mine in Ohio - her 99 yo mother died last night. At my age, it seems people are dropping left and right.

Joe in NY said...

When will these morons ever realize that there is NO point in throwing it. Idiots. I'm now cheering against those two idiots. If you ARE going to throw it (idiots), you have to have EVERYONE on board.

tbc said...

Penny, I’m so sorry for your loss. xoxo

Glenn Allen said...

Wow what a Challenge. Blue tried to throw it>

SueGee said...

I would vote for anyone not giving 100%

Joe in NY said...

I'm sorry for your loss, Penny. That's always hard, even when you know it is coming.

Nickelpeed said...

Well, there goes J.D. These castaways are unreal.

Jackie S. said...

My condolences, Penny.

Joe in NY said...

It was really kind of strange. Blue had two people pushing the blocks. The other 2 tribes insisted on having one person do the pushing.

Nickelpeed said...

Me, too, SueGee.

Jackie S. said...

I like Erika more than Sydney. So, I'm not on the Deshawn throw the comp game to get her out.

Nickelpeed said...

Thank you everyone. We never expected this. Less than 24 hours, she was gone. Now, there's a ton to do.

Jackie S. said...

Xander should have some nice bruises from those logs.

SueGee said...

They better leave Genie alone!!!

Nickelpeed said...

It's just never good to throw a competition. Something always goes wrong.

Joe in NY said...

Why is he such an idiot? He has to keep proving himself to her, so how can he trust her if she doesn't trust him?

tbc said...

You shouldn’t have had to prove anything to her!!

tbc said...

Pastor?? Yikes

Nickelpeed said...

Don't do it JD. Don't trust her! I have a problem with her being a Pastor and playing like that. I know it's part of the game, but wow. She's wicked!

Glenn Allen said...

Wow does JD get voted out aftergiving Shan his advantage again?

Jackie S. said...

Shan sure falls into the villain role well for a woman of the cloth! I don't know how long she can continue to deceive, but ...! (She's my pool pick.)

Joe in NY said...

She's smart. I think they tried too hard to make her feel safe.

Glenn Allen said...

Genie should roll the Die!

Nickelpeed said...

It has always bothered me for a person of cloth to play that way. I know it's a game, though.

Joe in NY said...

Well, JD kind of deserved it. How he couldn't see through the Evil Pastor, we'll never know.

Nickelpeed said...

Geesh. You know, he fell for it. I wish he hadn't trusted her.

tbc said...

He became that idiot that he didn’t want to be….

SueGee said...

YEAH!! Genie is my pool person!

See you all next week!!

Squeegee

Glenn Allen said...

JD voted out and Shan kept his advantage!

Nickelpeed said...

So, does she get to keep his advantage, or does she have to give it back? Hope it bites her in the arse. LOL

Jackie S. said...

Thank you for coming by!

Jackie S. said...

She gets to keep it.

Nickelpeed said...

See everyone next week!

Nickelpeed said...

Bummer. Hope it bites her! LOL

Petals said...

Hi Jackie! So I didn't watch, I skimmed your post b/c I wasn't well. When I saw "baby turtles", I panicked. I was so afraid that they had boiled & eaten them.
Now I am actually watching them ep. Thank GOD they didn't hurt those precious babies. Just seeing them made me cry...so amazing.

it just shows he power of God and that we should respect all animal life, especially cute lil baby lives.

Petals said...

PS - omgosh, it's like Ozzy taught this guy what to do. LOL

PSS Poor JD. I REALLY do not like this cast.

Mike Barer said...

Shan made her big move a little early. I would still pick Shan as the favorite. I can already hear Jeff asking her the inevitable "how do you resolve being a pastor and pulling off these sneaky moves" question.

Mike Barer said...

JD will be back in some way shape or form. Shan will be in more that one season. She may be one of the best villains of all time. Right up with Sandra.