Wednesday, December 01, 2021

Survivor 41: December 1 Episode Blog Party

 


Good evening! Well, as I said in comments before, the folks in the Black alliance on this show were lacking the strong motivation of having the first Black winner as the ones on BB23 had. So, like most other alliances made early in a season, they have already fallen apart targeting not one, but two, of their four members last week. Thus, for those folks all riled up that they had an alliance based on race, it was like any other alliance based on something they had in common -- not unlike male alliances, young alliances, etc. Now, I don't want to be that person who says, "I told you so." But ...

My blog pool pick got the boot last week, so I'm a free agent. Hmm. I'm not sure I have a personal pick this season. I'd like to see Xander do well but he has made a few foolish moves. I kind of like Danny, but he gets all paranoid. I don't care much for Ricard, but he is playing a good cut-throat game. However, I can see him being targeted for his game. I guess we'll see.

The blog pool is updated and here's where we stand:

Danny McCray - Cheryl in NC, Nickelpeed, Jennifer
Deshawn Radden - Kelsey NY, PDX Granny, Jlaf
Erika Casupanan - Petals, Pam Arceneaux, Margo
Heather Aldret - Debbie, Joanne Victoria
Liana Wallace - Terry is a Texan, ChicMC
Ricard Foye - Mikes Girl, GiLLL
Xander Hastings - Donna in FL, April

Jury
Tiffany Seely
Naseer Muttalif
Evvie Jagoda
Shantel Smith

I will update this entry as the show airs here on the East Coast. Refresh the page to get the latest happenings. As always, the real party is in the comments ... I hope to see you there! Survivor fans ready?

We open on Night 19 as they return from Tribal. Liana is ticked -- she was blindsided with votes, no one in her alliance told her what was going on as they followed Ricard's plan to oust Shan. Deshawn is upset that Shan called him a snake on the way out. Not only that, but she told Ricard will have her vote for the million.

Meanwhile, Xander, Ricard, Heather and Erika, the underdogs have the largest alliance. Danny is taking things better than Deshawn. Now Liana is gunning for Deshawn.

Day 20 -- remember they only have 26 days this season. Aw, it's the 25th anniversary of Danny's father's death. He was eight years-old. Notice we're getting a little backstory segment on each of them this season.

Eep ... already to Day 21. New twist afoot! Participating in the Immunity Challenge comes with a deadly risk? Oh my. 

Use handles to balance a ball on a wooden cylinder, additions added as time goes on. First person out must be in Survivor Do or Die, if they win they're safe. If they lose no one is voted out and they are gone. They each get two rocks. Grey means they sit out Do or Die. Red is competing. Heather and Liana sit out, the rest participate.

Deshawn is almost immediately out. He will do the challenge tonight. The rest are now playing strictly for immunity. Erika out. It's Xander, Danny and Ricard playing for immunity. Ricard and Xander out almost simultaneously. DANNY WINS IMMUNITY!

Danny and Deshawn think they need to target Ricard if Deshawn stays. They approach Xander with the plan. Xander wants to keep Ricard but doesn't say that to them! Erika suggests to Xander that they should vote Ricard because he's a big threat to win the game. Xander thinks Liana, also not popular with Erika. He thinks of Ricard as a bit of a shield for him down the line ... a bigger target. Ricard doesn't really trust Erika. Liana is worried about her own safety. Will she use her Shot in the Dark at Tribal? Hmm.

Time for Tribal Council! Jeff tells Liana that the challenge was all about relationships. Heather and Liana both say they would have lost the challenge and it wasn't that they felt safe. Xander says this season you need to gamble a bit. Tonight is the last night they can take the Shot in the Dark. All of this going on is making me dizzy! Oh geez, now Deshawn is crying because he wanted to represent the Black community with integrity and thinks he failed. This leads into a rather intense discussion of race relations.

Deshawn is at his challenge. Three boxes, one has fire symbol (safe), two have a skull. He has to choose one box. Jeff opens a box -- skull. Offers to let Deshawn trade. Deshawn wants to go with his first choice. He got flame! DESHAWN IS SAFE! Ricard looks worried.

Time to vote.

The tally -- no idols played. Ricard, Liana, Ricard, Liana, Ricard, Liana, Liana, Liana.

Bye-bye, Liana!


69 comments:

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jackie; and all who follow. I'm getting ready to drive, so, I'll check on everything when I get home.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jackie and Penny!

Marlo L said...

Hey everyone Happy December

Petals said...

~*~*~* SPLASH ~*~*~*

Hey Jackie! I hope you are doing ok...I think about you often.

Hi Penny & Glenn & everyone!

Happy December

SueGee said...

Howdy everyone!!! Wonder what will happen tonight!

Squeegee

Marlo L said...

No Xander slow down

Petals said...

Last week WAS crazy! I'm glad Xander is still there.

Petals said...

SQUEEEEE

Petals said...

Ricard has to GO!

SueGee said...

I wonder how many more will go home with an idol in their pocket!

Jackie S. said...

Hmm ... I wonder how many people have gone home with an idol each season? I might have to look that up.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Petals and SueGee and Mario L

Glenn Allen said...

It seems like a lot this Season!

SueGee said...

Hi to Glenn and Jackie

Marlo L said...

Thinking that might happen with xander i like him better scared

SueGee said...

Is there a "google" for Survivor facts?

Petals said...

Jackie - you & Monty have the elephant memories about that sorta thing...LOL

Marlo L said...

Im not crying your crying.

Glenn Allen said...

I like this Danny Backstory! Another Twist.Playing could be a deadly risk!

SueGee said...

I was thinking of Xander. Surprised he didn't play it earlier. I always like it when someone plays and idol, and then goes out and finds another! Some players have been very good at that

Petals said...

I sure like Xander. (what IS IT with me and those curly-haired guys? My childhood crush on Barry Manilow, maybe? LOL)

Glenn Allen said...

Wow Deshawn out first.

Petals said...

who did that, Sue...? I remember it happening but not the season or the player. A guy for sure. Russel Hanz?

Joe in NY said...

hi folks

Petals said...

hey FINY

SueGee said...

Russel came to my mind too, but there were others...I'm horrible on names! My friend Yau-Man was the first to make a fake idol...

Glenn Allen said...

Danny wins Immunity!

Marlo L said...

Hi Joe

Petals said...

ditto Squee - I forget!

Marlo L said...

If he lives this could be another live tribal.. Yeah

Jackie S. said...

SueGee - You can find almost any Survivor trivia fact in a Google search!

SueGee said...

Well, I have found lots of things on Google, but never looked for Survivor trivia LOL

SueGee said...

Just because I'm not watching the TV, I found this article.... Top 10 players that went home with an idol LOL

https://screenrant.com/survivor-best-players-went-home-with-idol/

Jackie S. said...

Told you, Sue!

Petals said...

wow, Tribal is a total WHO KNOWS?

Nickelpeed said...

I love the Survivor trivia. Who won the immunity necklace? I just got home. I don't understand Xander. Wouldn't you want the biggest threat out. Right now, that's Ricard.

tbc said...

Hi all!

Petals said...

How is Erika's manicure still intact?

Petals said...

TEEEBB!!!!!

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Joe! I wonder what game Deshawn has to play!

Nickelpeed said...

I like looking up the top 10 best players. You have such a variation. LOL

Nickelpeed said...

So glad Danny won Immunity. This is so iffy tonight. Would hate to see DeShawn go, but I know Lianna and Shan would love see him go.

Petals said...

Penny - there are several different lists of those (best players). Ozzy is on some lists, but not others. Cerie appears on some, but not others...
I always forget who all I loved/hated until I see them, THEN i remember!
Oh, Love Penner & Yul. And YauMan

Glenn Allen said...

What if everyone use the Shot In the Dark and no one can vote?

Nickelpeed said...

That's what I was referring to Petals. So many different opinions on who's the best. The lists are unending.. LOL

Petals said...

what a different dynamic than the Cookout.

Nickelpeed said...

I think the shot in the dark is too iffy. What does DeShawn have to do?

Jackie S. said...

Petals - The Cookout was driven to have any of them win to be the first Black winner. Survivor has had Black winners, male and female. So, while they want to represent POC in a good light, they didn't have that main goal as a group.

Nickelpeed said...

Yikes!!!

Joe in NY said...

LOL. It's "Let's Make a Deal"

Joe in NY said...

I swore we didn't have enough time left to vote. LOL

This will be interesting.

tbc said...

Ricard looks frightened

Nickelpeed said...

Yeah, the Monty Hall reference was funny.

Petals said...

thanks Jackie - I forgot (of course) that there have been black Survivr winners

Nickelpeed said...

I'm surprised Xander knew who Monty was

Petals said...

WOOHOOOOOOOOO

Nickelpeed said...

Wow. Shan doesn't like that. Another POC.

Jackie S. said...

Penny - I don't think the rest of them do!

Nickelpeed said...

It should have been Ricard. IMO

Petals said...

me too Penny! Cool kid.

SueGee said...

See ya'll next week!

Jackie S. said...

Penny - I don't think that is why Shan is upset. She was very close to Liana and wanted her to do well, nothing to do with color.

Petals said...

ditto again, Pen

Nickelpeed said...

Thank you, Jackie. See you all next week.

Petals said...

re Ricard

Petals said...

Thank you Jackie.

You guys have a good week

XOXO

Jackie S. said...

Thanks for coming by!

Glenn Allen said...

So Lianna voted out!Zander used the extra vote.

Mike Barer said...

Liana vote is a surprise. I did not detect any type of threat.