Thursday, December 09, 2021

Survivor 41: Ponderosa Videos!

Most of the Ponderosa videos are now up on YouTube. However, I note a few are missing. I'm adding them here from another source on YT, but they may disappear. So, catch them while you can!


I wasn't all that keen on Tiffany. I think that part of it is that she comes across as leading a bit of a sheltered from the reality of the everyday world. Does she not know any gay people? Does she not know any Black people? At least she questions rather than be unfriendly. I think I'm taking it as a bit of an affront as she is one of their "older" people. I can't help but wonder what it's like to be the sole person for a few days at the Ponderosa, though. While we think of it as a week, it's only two to three days before arrivals.

 

Now, these two I liked, Naseer more than Evvie. I think they both played good games. Naseer's enthusiasm, ability to provide and friendliness won me over on his first night. To think ... he learned English watching the show and, even though he didn't win, he actually lived his dream of getting on! And then there's Evvie. I think she's the first castaway responsible for the show retiring a puzzle! 



Time for my blog pool person Shan to join them! True, she played a villain kind of game. She played it too hard, too. But she was loyal to Xander although a bit iffy at times. Had Ricard not targeted her first she would have been loyal to him until she wasn't. And, she does deserve some kudos for doing the show so soon after chemotherapy and having MS. 


Here come the first of the fireworks -- the Shan/Liana debacle. Now, Liana would probably still be there had she not put her sole focus on getting Xander out. Xander, mind you, was Shan's biggest real ally. (I don't count Ricard as such.) That said, I totally understand what Liana is saying about race. I know that everywhere I go I don't feel I have to represent white people. The life experience of a Black woman is very different. The race is always there. At this time in this world, people really need to be more accepting of others. If we were all alike, it would be one boring world!


The most recent juror and arrival on the Ponderosa was Danny. Rats. I liked the dude! I know that, with the allies and the numbers the way they were, it would be either Danny or Deshawn. I would have preferred Deshawn go. However, he did run around bonding with all, a move Danny didn't make and that proved fatal to his game. Of course, the real fireworks at the Ponderosa went down between Danny and Shan. But they smoothed it over. Good. Rather than either Deshawn or Danny going, I would have rather seen Heather gone. On a side note -- look how quickly Naseer's hair grows!

Heather who? There's a Heather on the show?

7 comments:

cctru said...

Unless something very, very dramatic happens between now and the final vote I could not see Heather even getting a mention! She has certainly been a non-issue.
I still hope Xander wins, to me he's more likable than Ricard.

Jackie S. said...

If Ricard makes it to the final three, he will win. He might be a bit unlikable, but he's playing an amazing game.

~~Silk said...

I LOVE rugby!

cctru said...

It's most definitely Ricard's game to lose. Never know with Survivor, but he has certainly laid all the groundwork to secure the win.

Mike Barer said...

My chance of winning our pool relies on either Deshaun or Heather.

Jackie S. said...

Mike - There's a Heather in the game?

Sharon N said...

Danny has been my favorite in and out of the game. Very down to earth and likeable.
Although I like Xander, he hasn't always played smart. He's basically been lucky. JMO
If Ricard loses final safety, the ultimate stupidity would be voting someone else out.
It's equally obvious that Heather Who will be one of the Final 3.