Wednesday, October 05, 2022

The Amazing Race 34: 'It's All in the Details' Episode Blog Party - October 5

 


Hopefully I will be a bit better at the names of the teams tonight. Oh, but probably not for a few more weeks! I promise I will get the names down by the time the series comes to an end. How's that?
Here is a cheat sheet with the photos of the teams.

I will be live blogging the major events as the show airs here on the East Coast. Refresh the page to get the latest news! As always, the real party is in the comments area -- I hope to see you there!

The Wonderful Lifeguard SueGee has updated the blog pool. Who's your team?

Abby & Will -- Jasonuwp, Krysta Gibson, Marthalight
Aubrey & David -- Donna in FL, Dr Celine, Skyriverblue
Derek & Claire -- Beachbound Gmom, ChicMc, Donna NY
Emily & Molly -- Joanne Victoria, Judi Sweeney, Sharon N
Glenda & Lumumba -- Glenn Allen, Indiana Jane, Petals
Luis & Michelle -- Andi, Mikes Girl, RJMnSC
Linton & Sharik -- Cheryl in NC, Jackie, Willie J
Marcus & Michael -- Brenda, Chrob61, Nickelpeed
Quinton & Mattie -- Donna in Alabama, monty924, Sharon C
Rich & Dom -- David, Kelsey NY, Nora M, Sue

PHILIMINATED
Aastha & Nina - No one was assigned to this first gone team.
Tim & Rex

Race fans ready? Let's GO!

We get a Previously On segment and see T-Rex philiminated again.

All teams are boarding the charter plane and heading to Italy. Megaleg - two Detours, two Roadblocks ahead. The teams are leaving in three groups fifteen minutes apart based on the Pit Stop arrivals from the last leg. They're looking for a marked parking spot.

Detour - Head of the Class - identify 16 bones, etc. in a test. Or 88 cheese wheels in The Big Cheese, delivering a cheese wheel, half to one restaurant, the other half to another.

Luis does not know his stick shift. Michelle calls it "classic Amazing Race." Quinton and one of the twins keep stalling, as well. Rich, too!

They have a cart to deliver the cheese, so that might be the easier task of the two. The building where the "class" is is stunning architecture. Linton and Sharik are regretting their class choice. Lumumba just noticed their instructions say to drive to the detours. They have been on foot. Eep!

Marcus and Michael are in the lead, having finished the cheese detour first. Dom is rubbing me the wrong way with what she is telling Rich about manifesting trouble when he doesn't have to. Someone saying that to me would make me manifest issues!

The ones on the cheese task have it easy compared to those learning anatomy! Quinton and Mattie made it through the anatomy challenge -- she said she was confident of the task because she studied anatomy in college. Glenda and Lumumba might be totally lost.

One of the twins also studied anatomy in school. They get through, too!

Marcus and Michael hit the Roadblock. Ducati flagship -- assemble wheels and brakes, before adding the body.

Lumumba and Glenda make it to the anatomy lesson Detour. My blog pool team Linton and Sharik finally made it through it. Claire is doing the assembling the Ducati! Eight of the ten teams are at the Ducati -- missing are Dom/Rich and Glenda/Lumumba, both back at anatomy. Both just made it through at the same time.

Although it seemed to take forever, Michael and Marcus are out of the Roadblock first and heading for a clue to another Roadblock. Apparently, this mega-leg is going to run two episodes. The twins, Emily and Molly, are second. Yay! Claire finished her Ducat! (Other teams finished before them.) Rich/Dom made it through leaving only Lumumba working alone on a Ducati.

To be Continued ... (next week)


32 comments:

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jackieand Everyone!

Jackie S. said...

Hy, Glenn. I hope others show up because I have to blog it. I don't like its late hour. Sigh.

Glenn Allen said...

I agree Jackie. Hopefully others show up.

SueGee said...

Hi Glenn and Jackie!! I was trying to follow Survivor but my phone is not that good for commenting! I like my laptop much better! (It has an ad blocker)

Petals said...

I'm here!

Hey Squeee


Jackie, you don't HAVE to, do you? We'd understand.

SueGee said...

Hey Petals!!

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jackie. Thank you.

Hello SueGee, Glenn, and Petals!

Jackie S. said...

Petals - I pretty much have to -- many who don't comment read the blog.

SueGee said...

Hi Penny!

Glenn Allen said...

Hi suee Gee and Petals!

Glenn Allen said...

Would teams be better off switching to the Cheese task?

Jackie S. said...

I think so, Glenn. Unless they already know anatomy, the cheese is the easier task.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Penny!

Petals said...

Oh yeah...true Jax. This isn't good programming for people of a particular age. LOL ME being one!

SueGee said...

I can drive a stick! All my cars were manual up until 2000. No excuses guys - this is TAR. You need to swim and drive stick LOL

Glenn Allen said...

Where is my Pool pick team with Glenda at in the Task?

Jackie S. said...

Glenn - That team just finished the Detour!

Petals said...

Yes, I am surprised at how many people cannot drive a stick, can't swim, can't read or write cursive, etc.

What a generation of idiots

Jackie S. said...

All except my first car were stick shifts.

Petals said...

c'mon Claire - look at someone else!

SueGee said...

My son hated learning on a stick, but thanked me later when he got a job delivering for Lowe's when he was in college.

Petals said...

MY 1st car was a stick! But I'd driven motorcycles before, so I was quick to learn the clutch.
Thanks Grampa!

Nickelpeed said...

Well, I'd lose a tire if I did that.

That reminds me of an incident on the Autobahn in Germany. I had a friend change a tire for me. I was heading out to see a friend at Ramstein Air base. After the visit, I saw this tire fly by me. I thought, "Hey, that's my tire!!" I then heard a thud. The tire came loose and took off down the Autobahn. I pulled to the side of the road. Thank God they have road side assistants who drive the Autobahn. One stopped to help me. He went looking for my tire and found it almost 20 miles down the road in a little town. He even put it back on for me. And, another thank God he had lug nuts. If it hadn't happened to me I would have laughed.

SueGee said...

Yeah - non Philimation leg Later gators!

Petals said...

OK - I like the colorful braid girl...

SueGee said...

Wow Penny - Scary!!

Petals said...

ciao Squeeeee

Nickelpeed said...

I learned to drive a 3 speed on the column first, they a stick when I was young, young. I had to teach my husband. It caused a lot of anxiety. LOL

Nickelpeed said...

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo. Dang them!!

Thank you, Jackie.

See everyone next week!!

Jackie S. said...

Thanks for coming by!

Glenn Allen said...

Thanks Jackie!

Petals said...

Thank you for staying up with us. XOXOXO