Wednesday, December 07, 2022

The Amazing Race 34: 'The Only Leg That Matters' Season Finale Blog Party - Dec. 7

 


The final three teams ...


I will be live blogging the major events as the show airs here on the East Coast. Refresh the page to get the latest news. As always, the real party is in the comments area -- I hope to see you there!

Tonight is the season finale. With no non-Philimination legs, it seems like a short season even though there were two mega-legs. Also, with the Covid era private plane, all teams were always so close to each other. It all was a bit odd. No U-Turns, either. Although an online friend at the time, Jym Buss, created the U-Turn, I've grown weary of it over the years. I liked all the teams this season. Well, I only vaguely recall the first team out and I didn't care much for one person on a team, but really liked the others. When it got down to about the last eight teams, I was onboard for any of them for the win.

Due to my own bias, my favorite team is Derek/Claire.

The Wonderful Lifeguard SueGee has updated the blog pool listing. Here's where we stand:

Derek & Claire -- Beachbound Gmom, ChicMc, Donna NY
Emily & Molly -- Joanne Victoria, Judi Sweeney, Sharon N
Luis & Michelle -- Andi, Mikes Girl, RJMnS

PHILIMINATED
Aastha & Nina
Tim & Rex
Rich & Dom
Linton & Sharik
Abby & Will (Covid)
Glenda & Lumumba
Quinton & Mattie
Marcus & Michael
Aubrey & David

Race fans ready? Let's GO! 

We start with a recap. Teams are heading to Nashville. They will start the leg in Lynchburg. They have to bottle whiskey 30 Jack Daniels bottles ready for shipment. Molly and Emily finish first! They are driving to the next clue. Derek and Claire done. Five minutes behind, Luis and Michelle finish.

All three teams are in a row heading to the Korean Veterans Memorial Bridge in Nashville.

Derek/Claire make it to the clue box first.

Roadblock -- Climb and Rappel to get a clue guitar pick. Derek through first. Emily doing well, Michelle having problems with it.

Derek/Claire heading to Gibson Garage. Emily coming down next. Michelle finally makes it down.

Derek/Claire to the next clue first. Gibson Guitar Delivery. Deliver one electric, two acoustic guitars to honkytonks in town. Luis/Michelle there next because the twins are lost again.

All three teams are delivering guitars now. Derek/Claire get their clues to go to the Municipal Auditorium first. An orchestra is playing the theme song. Teams have to bring the theme to life on giant piano keys (like in the movie BIG) to get the next clue to the Pit Stop. Luis/Michelle arrive, then Molly/Emily.

The 11 second timer on the piano keys is getting all the teams.

DEREK AND CLAIRE DID THE PIANO FIRST! They are on their way to the Pit Stop.

The twins get it next!

DEREK AND CLAIRE WIN THE AMAZING RACE!

Emily and Molly get second place. They are both in happy tears.

Luis and Michelle third.

44 comments:

Nickelpeed said...

Hi again, Jackie. Thank you for these boards.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Everyone, again! I am pulling for DX and Claire!

Jackie S. said...

I would love for them to win, too Glenn. But all three teams are likable.

Nickelpeed said...

It seems like all of these shows are given the short end of the stick.

Nickelpeed said...

Right now, I don't care which one wins. I like all three.

SueGee said...

Hi guys!! Totally agree with you on this one. I think the original time slot almost did it in and they had to cut it a bit short....boooo


SueGee said...

And for the first time - I am also liking all three teams - not rooting against any of them for a change!

Nickelpeed said...

I can't believe how fast the finale came. I was never thinking of the Survivor finale so soon.

Nickelpeed said...

Dang, I hate to see the twins fall way behind because of parking.

Nickelpeed said...

O.O

Glenn Allen said...

Penny Very true about the survivor season Finale so soon.

Nickelpeed said...

Is she on the wrong side?

Nickelpeed said...

TAR season seems short, too.

Nickelpeed said...

This could cause them the win.

Nickelpeed said...

Dang it! *cost* them the win

SueGee said...

They should be so happy to be back in the USA and all the signs are in English!!

Jackie S. said...

With no Philiminations and no U-turns, it is shorter. I think it's because Covid has them confined to all riding on the same plane.

Jackie S. said...

Luis doesn't know what an acoustic guitar is ... heehee

SueGee said...

I was thinking the same thing Jackie. That, and we shouldn't be complaining - at least we have the show with some new rules!

Nickelpeed said...

OMG! She forgot the guitar!!!

Nickelpeed said...

I think you are right, Jackie.

I guess she didn't forget the guitar. I didn't see right.

Nickelpeed said...

I'm just realizing this finale is only 1 hour.

Glenn Allen said...

Dx plays Piano and Claire great at Memory!

Glenn Allen said...

The Timer maqkes it Hard!

Jackie S. said...

I keep seeing Tom Hanks in my mind on those keys.

Glenn Allen said...

ckie I know what you mean!

Jackie S. said...

I have the Tom Hanks tune in my head now.

Nickelpeed said...

Yes! Great race for them!!

Nickelpeed said...

LOL, Jackie.

SueGee said...

Trying to remember if they are the first cross-over team to win TAR? Either from BB or Survivor?

Glenn Allen said...

DX and Claire win and Dx with the Fakeout.

Glenn Allen said...

Sue Gee did Cody and Jessica win Amazing Race a few seasons ago?

Nickelpeed said...

Thank you so much, Jackie. Greatly appreciated.

See everyone for Survivor next week.

Nickelpeed said...

Yes, Glenn

Jackie S. said...

Glenn, yes they did.

SueGee said...

Not sure Glenn. Was there a season where everyone came from another reality show?

Jackie S. said...

Thank you all for coming!

SueGee said...

Thank you Jackie - and congratulations to the Pool Winners Beachbound Gmom, ChicMc,& Donna NY

Petals said...

Finally here, sorry. I have a special friend that needs ... attention.

Rooting for Derek & Claire!

Glenn Allen said...

Thanks Jackie. Congrats Pool Winners

Petals said...

yikes, I am so behind I think I will see spoilers...


Love you all
If I don't "see" you before the holiday, everyone have a MERRY & HAPPY xoxoxo

Judi Sweeney said...

My girls came in second… Very proud of them working through injury’s together and still came in second. But, personally I am thrilled Derek and Claire came in first!!! I actually liked all 3 couples. It was a really good season! Thank you Jackie

Sharon N said...

I'm thrilled that Derek and Claire won.
If my pool girls had won, I'd have been just as happy because it was a true story of courage and perseverance.

Mike Barer said...

That was a neat ending!