Monday, February 20, 2023

Survivor 44: Meet the Soka Tribe

 

   

I've read and watched interviews with the castaways. Here I will be mentioning some pros and cons for each of them and my own opinion on how well they might do. Mind you, I could be completely wrong with said opinion!
                 
Claire Rafson


Pros: She's been watching the show since the age of four -- peeping though the keyhole to watch it. She seems very resilient and determined.
Cons: I'm really not seeing any glaring cons. 
How will she do? Unless she's thought of as a threat either physically or socially, she should go far. To the end? Well, maybe.

Danny Massa


Pros: NYC firefighter in the Bronx, so should be in great shape. Lists himself as kind, passionate and determined.
Cons: Not sure if his plan of action going in without a plan is the best idea.
How will he do? He should do well. He seems very likable and should do well in challenges. I predict definitely will make it through the merge and a possible final four.

Frannie Marin


Pros: Meditates and does yoga. Hopefully that will help her.
Cons: Um ... thinks working in a nail salon has prepared her for being on the show. Enough said?
How will she do? I just don't know about this gal. She doesn't list any athletic endeavors. Easy early out.


Heidi Lagares-Greenblatt


Pros: Energetic, looks athletic enough, wants to do well on challenges. 
Cons: She says she's loud. Why must people be loud? Loud is not a great thing to be!
How will she do? She's pretty determined. She also has 40 patents, so I'm thinking she has to have inventive skills that could help out at camp. Unless her loudness comes off as being abrasive, she should go far. I'm not thinking sole Survivor for her, though. 

Josh Wilder


Pros: Ambitious, athletic, intelligent, cites Jeremy Collins and Avi as previous players he wants to be like. I think Avi was the first winner of Survivor New Zealand, so he must be a big fan although not saying superfan.
Cons: Another one who want to hide his real profession. 
How will he do? I think he could do well. He probably has one of the best backstories of all and it could garner him admiration from the others. He had a kidney transplant at nine and says the donor is responsible for his being alive, he had stomach cancer at 25 and had his stomach removed. He is cancer-free now. With that story, if they know it, if he makes it to the end, he will win.

Matt Blankinship


Pros: Apparently a big fan, has run a marathon, has previously applied to be on the show (so not a recruit!).
Cons: Says his failures give him an edge because he always gets on his feet and tries again. Um, dude ... that would mean you're destined to fail at this the first time! 
How will he do? I don't know. I'm pulling a blank on Mr. Blankinship! For some reason, I think he might not have the social game he needs.

To check out another tribe, click this link for Meet the Tika Tribe

3 comments:

Auntie Leigh said...

I got a google acct so I can sign in…I hope…this is a test

Auntie Leigh said...

Now I can follow!

Jackie S. said...

Welcome aboard (again)!