Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Survivor 44: March 15 Episode Blog Party

 


Good evening! Who is here for a blog party? Did you bring snacks? Are you in your comfy chairs? 

I don't think it will be too long before a tribe shuffle might have to be done. While the Soka tribe still has its original six, Tika will be down to three if they lose again tonight. Hopefully, they won't lose but they are not the strongest tribe. Strangest, yes. Strongest, no.

I will be live-blogging the major events of the show as it airs here on the East Coast. Refresh the page to get the latest updates. I do ask that you forgive me if I'm still a bit slow on some of the names of the castaways. It usually takes me a few weeks to get used to the new bunch. As always, the real party is in the comments area. Please feel free to join in on the fun!

But first ... Lifeguard SueGee updated the blog pool and here's where we stand.

SOKA TRIBE

Claire - DonnaNY, TS14Fan 
Danny - Donna in AL, Mikes Girl
Frannie - Auntie Leigh, Brent 
Heidi - John Cantrell, PDX Granny 
Josh - Skyriverblue, Nana in the NW 
Matt - Bizarro22, SueGee 

TIKA TRIBE
Carolyn - Krysta Gibson, Sydney 
Carson - Petals, Donna in FL 
Sarah - Judi Sweeney, AprilW 
Yam Yam - Sharon N, Glenn Allen 

RATU TRIBE
Jaime - Andi, monty924 
Kane - Nickelpeed, Cheryl in NC 
Lauren - David, KelseyNY 
Matthew - RJM in SC 
Brandon - Mike Barer

Torch Snuffed
Bruce (medical)
Maddy
Helen

Survivor fans ready?

We open with Tika returning from Tribal. Sarah is feeling distrust in the Kumbaya vibes. Carson wants her to think he's just a follower. Instead, she thinks he's the most dangerous player. Carolyn is happy to still be there with her idol.

On Ratu, Kane has them singing 'O Canada.' He has a sword to play with now. Uh-oh. He wants to be a hero. Brandon wants to go fishing. We get his Seattle Seahawks story. He says he's much more than that. And, indeed he seems to have a lot of pursuits. They all enjoy the fish.

Now to Soka -- Frannie and Matt are being very obvious about their showmance. Danny decides to set up the fake idol he found for someone to find. He rehides the key he originally found.

Back to Tika -- Yam Yam has a snoring habit. They have a lot of fun. But Sarah is worried because they are so weak. She knows she's at the bottom of the small group and likely to go if they lose the Immunity Challenge. 

Soka is all looking for the idol. (Maybe they should check Danny's pocket!) Matt finds the key that Danny hid. He thinks he actually has the idol. Danny is happy. He's planning on telling the others Matt put something in his pocket. He outs Matt in front of Josh. Danny thinks everyone will be "off his tail" and the focus will be off of him.

Ew. They're eating live worms on Ratu. Jaime finds the fake idol that Matthew hid. She found it while with him even. Heh. He tells us he wanted to be sneaky and will do whatever he needs to do to win.

Immunity Challenge time. Dive into ocean, swim to cube, roll it, collect keys, obstacle course. Stack four blocks no repeated colors on any side. Claire again doesn't compete. Reward is a big tool kit and fruit, second Reward is lesser tool kit and lesser fruit. 

RATU wins Immunity first! TIKA wins Immunity second place! Soka will go to Tribal for the first time.

Matt reminds us that he lost his vote on Day Two. He thinks he will use his idol if needed. Like that will do him a lot of good!

Soka is back at camp. Danny thinks Claire is the weakest and points out that she has sat out every challenge. Josh tells us originally Matt or Frannie were the targets. But he will go with the flow. Meanwhile, Frannie wants Claire and Matt in the game. She wants Josh out. Claire works on Heidi since she would be the swing vote.

Time for Tribal Council. Claire looks very sad, then does a Mona Lisa smile catching Jeff's attention. She tells him people have been playing the game all along. Jeff brings up Claire's sitting out of the challenges. She says she was putting the team before herself. She thinks they don't even know her strengths. Matt says the show is all about trust. Claire asks Heidi pretty much if the plan is still on (not in so many words). They vote. Matt can't vote, of course.

The tally --
Claire did the Shot in the Dark and lost her vote. She is NOT SAFE.

Claire, Claire, Claire ...

Buh-bye, Claire!

Even Heidi voted for her -- it was unanimous since both Matt and Claire lost their votes.



55 comments:

SueGee said...

I'm here - dinner is cooking so I will be in and out

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jackie and Sue Gee and everyone!

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jackie. Thank you.

Hi SueGee and Glenn.

I like Brandon.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Penny!

Anonymous said...

Hi folks

Joe in NY said...

Hi folks

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone, I wasn’t sure I’m make it home in time to watch the show live, but I made it.

Glenn Allen said...

That was smart using the decoy Idol but not eating the paper

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Joe and Anonymous

Jackie S. said...

I enjoy Danny's gameplay.

SueGee said...

Howdy to all that arrive while I was finishing dinner and having a fight with my dh

Brent McKee said...

Kane was singing “O Canada” but I think he used and altered version of the lyrics - “Our home and sacred land,” instead of “Our home and native land”. Oh, and he’s a bad singer.

Michelle said...

Ha, I’ll have to figure out the settings for including my name or else I show as anonymous

Petals said...

Hi everyone

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Petals and Brent and Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone I still cant get this to accept me with my name...i missed the pool.blog and everything and still wish to be a part of it... So here's to a good episode from CherryPie

Nickelpeed said...

Dang. I like Matt. Hate to see him tricked.

SueGee said...

Hi Petals!

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Anon(Cherrie Pie), Joe, Petals, Brent, Michelle

SueGee said...

You can sign up for the pool with an anonymous, just put a name for the pool in the comments

Nickelpeed said...

Shrewd players here.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Cherie Pie!

Nickelpeed said...

My husband said the only reason he'd go on survivor is to "kill" Jeff. LOL.

Michelle said...

I wants to join the pool, I’ve tried other years to comment but it wouldn’t publish my comment. I was very surprised that it worked this time. So please add me!

Jackie S. said...

Now, Michelle and Cherry Pie are two different people or the same person?

Glenn Allen said...

Immunity Challenge!

Michelle said...

The first anonymous was Michelle, then Cherry Pie, for some reason I have to type in my name each time. I’ve followed your BB and Survivor posts from the beginning.

SueGee said...

If you have a Google account, you sign in with that and it will remember you. I think you just need to set up a Screen Name

Nickelpeed said...

I didn't realize Claire has sat out every challenge. I think that will come back and bite her eventually.

Michelle said...

Michelle and Cherry Pie are two different people

SueGee said...

Oh and it is best to be using the Google Chrome browser

Glenn Allen said...

Claire setting out again!

SueGee said...

Sitting out consecutive challenges must be a rule change. Before you couldn't do two in a row!

Joe in NY said...

Hi petals.

Glenn Allen said...

I thought same Sue Gee. Sandra was Queen of Sitouts!

Michelle said...

Thanks SueGee, I’ll have to look for my google password, I’ll get it figured out. I wouldn’t risk my game climbing lava rocks for fun or eating worms if I didn’t have.

Glenn Allen said...

My Pool person Yam Yam is safe!

Joe in NY said...

They've eliminated separate reward challenges. That might be why they changed the consecutive challenge rule.

SueGee said...

They could vote out Claire for not competing?

Petals said...

Hey bf. 😃

Glenn Allen said...

Claire and Josh possible vote out Targets!

RJM in SC said...

I do hope Matt doesn’t leave due to fake idol tonight since he is my pool pick.

Glenn Allen said...

I agree RJM

SueGee said...

RJM your pool guy is Matthew on Ratu. Matt is my pool guy :o(

RJM in SC said...

Oops! My bad

Anonymous said...

Can u ad me to pool? CherryPie

Joe in NY said...

If you play the immunity challenges and are good, they vote you out for being a threat

Michelle said...

I love that the cast is more diverse than it was years ago, including very different personalities.

Nickelpeed said...

I guess she was the easiest target.

Thank you, Jackie.

I'll see everyone next week! Have a great weekend!!

Glenn Allen said...

Claire voted out!

Jackie S. said...

Thank you for coming!

Michelle said...

Thank you for hosting Jackie.

Judi Sweeney said...

Thank you Jackie! Great as always!

Anonymous said...

How stupid was Claire for blowing a million dollars by sitting out every challenge. On the plus side, she will have warm clean sheets every night.

Anonymous said...

Also, I really like him.
Mike Barer