Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Survivor 44: April 19 Episode Blog Party

 


Good evening! Hopefully the real merge will be on this evening without splitting into two teams!

I will be live-blogging the major events of the show as it airs here on the East Coast. Refresh the page to get the latest updates. As always, the real party is in the comments area. Please feel free to join in on the fun!

On a sad note before we start, it was brought to my attention that two-time Survivor contestant and fan favorite Keith Nale recently passed away at the age of 62. He was a good guy and I enjoyed watching him on the show.

The blog pool has been updated by Lifeguard SueGee and here's where we stand:

MERGED TRIBE VaVa

Danny - Donna in AL, Mikes Girl
Frannie - Auntie Leigh, Brent 
Heidi - John Cantrell, PDX Granny 
Jaime - Andi, monty924  
Carolyn - Krysta Gibson, Sydney 
Yam Yam - Sharon N, Glenn Allen
Kane - Nickelpeed, Cheryl in NC 
Lauren - David, KelseyNY 
Brandon - Mike Barer, Michelle
Carson - Petals, Donna in FL

JURY
Matt

Survivor fans ready?

We start the show with Yam Yam surprised he's still there. Happy but surprised. Frannie, of course, is still in tears over Matt getting the boot. She feels like she's been marooned with nothing all over again. Too bad, so sad. Heidi tries to make good with Yam Yam once again. There are four original Ratu left while only three each from the other two tribes.

Carson and Yam Yam think they have the power now. Um, well. The Tika Three may endure. We just don't know. Carolyn loves being underestimated.

Uh-oh. Carson is sick. He's teary just thinking of being sick.

Tree Mail - Only one necklace, five pairs to compete. Hmm. Despite his being sick, Carolyn pairs with Carson. Lauren is worried about her low energy level and goes in with Danny. Danny is not thrilled about that. He wants her out.

We are at Day 15 Immunity Challenge. They talk about Carson being sick. Kane/Brandon, Heidi/Jaime, Carolyn/Carson, Frannie/Yam Yam, Danny/Lauren. 

Crawl through muddy net one after the other in the duo, to a mat. Carolyn can't get through it! Dig for planks. Four duos move on. Carolyn/Carson out.

Race up cargo net with planks. Use them on a rope bridge. Slide down to a mat. Yam Yam/Frannie out. From this point, after a commercial, they will no longer be pairs. It will be an individual segment finishing out the challenge.

The final stage is using footholds to climb up a foothold frame. It's endurance. The footholds get narrower as they are phased down in rounds. Lauren has the smallest feet. She might do the best at this one. We will see! Kane out first. Brandon out. Danny out!

Lil' Feet Lauren wins Immunity!

Danny thinks, since he can't get Lauren out tonight, one of the original Ratu must go as "they are running the game."

They are all trying to wash off the mud in the water. Yam Yam is worried once again. Brandon is back to thinking his Ratu bunch is ruling the game. He wants to target Frannie. He wants to get Yam Yam and Carolyn aboard. They already think they have Carson. Heidi thinks the six from the smaller ex-tribes would be more powerful than the four from Ratu. Danny tells her he could use his idol on Frannie. Hmm. She wants Brandon out.

Danny tells Frannie that he wants Brandon out and he (Danny) will play his idol for her. Carson tells Danny that Heidi told Yam Yam about the plan. Now he's worried that Yam Yam will use the plan to target him (Danny).

Tribal Council time. Matt will be joined in jury with someone tonight! While they are all nervous, it's fairly calm for a Tribal. 

Time to vote.

The tally - Danny does play his idol ... for Frannie!

Frannie, Frannie, Frannie, Frannie, Frannie, Frannie, Brandon, Brandon, Brandon.

Danny's plan worked! Matt is all smiles. Yam Yam looks surprised.

80 comments:

Petals said...

~*~*~* SPLASH ~*~*~

Hey Ms Jackie & hello to everyone

I was sad to hear about Keith. He was 2 seasons - a firefighter and one of our "older" survivors that we always love. :(

Brent McKee said...

Not sure how much I’ll be commenting tonight. The NHL playoffs have started and there are games for me to keep track of (it’s a Canadian thing). But if you don’t hear fro me, I’m here in spirit.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jackie and everyone1

Joe in NY said...

Hi folks.

Glenn Allen said...

hi Brent

Glenn Allen said...

hi Joe!

Petals said...

hey Glenn, Brent & Joe xoxo

Petals said...

uh oh, my pool kid is sicky-wick

Michelle said...

Hi Jackie and all. I’ll be watching Survivor on my phone in the dark, storms are passing through. But I’m grateful to be able to watch, no matter how small the screen is.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Petals and Michelle!

SueGee said...

Howdy everyone!! Hope everyone is great and enjoying this way above average season!

Squeegee

Jackie S. said...

We were due a good season! Overdue, even!

Brent - I haven't been following. Are the Jersey Devils still in the running?

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jackie. Thank you.

Hi Petals, Glenn, Brent, Michelle, Joe and SueGee.

Brent McKee said...

Jackie - The Devils lost their first game to the Rangers last night, but it’s a best of seven series.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Suegee and Penny. This comp sounds complicated!

Nickelpeed said...

I think this is the challenge where someone gets caught in the net and really panics. That would be terrible.

Michelle. said...

Hi Glen. Sue Gee, I am enjoying this season. I like that the survivors are a good mixed of society.

SueGee said...

420 Day in San Francisco tomorrow. Sure wish I was younger!!

Nickelpeed said...

Poor Carolyn and Carson.

Glenn Allen said...

This was not a good comp for Carolyn!

Nickelpeed said...

Me, too, SueGee.

Nickelpeed said...

Can is my pool guy, Cane, is doing well.

Nickelpeed said...

Boy, talk about gibberish. Sorry. I meant to say. My pool guy, Cane, did well. LOLOL

Petals said...

Michelle - It's supposed to be bad weather here, as well. Where are you?

Petals said...

Hey Ms Penny!

Jackie S. said...

Thanks, Brent. I knew they were doing well during the season.

Petals said...

Squeeeeee Hey honey

Missouri is legal now, so everyone is doing 420. I never got it, it was never my jam. But whatever floats your boat, eh?

Jackie S. said...

SueGee - Heehee on the 420! Days of our youth ...

Nickelpeed said...

Brent, I love hockey, but this is the first year, I didn't keep up with the teams.

RJM in SC said...

Hello All

Petals said...

a chick at work today said (re tomorrow), "Four Twenny, pass me a gummie!"

@@ was my response

Nickelpeed said...

My husband keeps yelling, Shut up, Jeff!

Petals said...

Lauren will win, the girls always do better at this thing

Nickelpeed said...

They are going to need feet massages after this.

Petals said...

lol Penny. Jeff does like to get all in it, doesn't he?

Glenn Allen said...

Hi RJM!

SueGee said...

Hey Petals!! You guys getting any spring yet? I know my son up in Des Moines got a day of spring and then snow again! We are supposed to have 80's by the weekend, and my BBQ is broken!! Need to go find a new one.

Squeegee

Petals said...

Hey RJM

Petals said...

Squee - we have 80s one day, 40s the next (thanks Missouri). I'm not a fan of April or Spring in general lately...

Michelle said...

Petals, I’m at the very tip of Lake Michigan. Storms are passing. The sky is a beautiful yellow and pink and still lightning in the distance.

Petals said...

I called it - the girls always win

Glenn Allen said...

The last toe hold very small!

Petals said...

Oh, you're so lucky, to live up there. Be safe during storms.

Petals said...

she had teeny, fat feet. Perfect for this challenge.

Nickelpeed said...

I've got to watch the Devils against the Rangers. What great games. Talk about a rivalry!!

Petals said...

re sports - Jalen Hurts (Gary's fave player, Roll Tide) just scored the biggest contract in NFL history.
And my guy Andrey Rublev won his first Masters 1000 tournament this week in Monte Carlo.
*** cheesey grin ***

Petals said...

oh - and the NFL draft is happening in my town next week. It'll be crazy. Bedlam.

Jackie S. said...

I called Lauren for the win in my blog entry. I called her Lil' Feet Lauren.

Petals said...

Joe !! Are you still lurking? ;)

Petals said...

LOL Jackie - good call!

Jackie S. said...

Penny - I used to take the NJ Transit train and hated when the Devils played, especially against the Rangers as the train was always full of drunk partyers heading to the games.

Nickelpeed said...

I can definitely believe that, Jackie!

Petals said...

Poor Yam, he's been on edge the entire game.

Michelle said...

Ha Petals , I should have said bottom tip of the lake. You be safe also. When the power comes back on, I’ll have to watch this episode over on the TV. The screen is so small on my phone that it was hard to see who struggling in the net twists.

Nickelpeed said...

YamYam is going to get caught. It's happened before.

Nickelpeed said...

Stay safe Petals.

Glenn Allen said...

Why did he tell he had an Idol?

Glenn Allen said...

Petals that is cool that you get to have the NFL Draft in your town! Stay safe Petals!

Jackie S. said...

Glenn - He wanted a power play to get Brandon out. Using it on Frannie and splitting the votes to get him out would be great ... or so he thought.

Petals said...

Thanks Glenn & everyone - the storms are heading here, hail & tornadoes, etc...but I plan to be in bed & medicated by the time they get here, haha

re the Draft, Glenn - it is CA-RAZY! I mean, the prep began months ago, but the festivities begin tomorrow, officially. Traffic in & around downtown has been re-routed, which is a traffic nightmare for commuters. But it is kinda cool to have our town be on TV, etc...especially after the Chiefs won Superbowl this year.

Glenn Allen said...

I hope Yam Yam my Pool person survives!

Glenn Allen said...

That is so cool Petals about the draft Festivities!

Nickelpeed said...

Danny is paranoid and will use the idol for himself instead of Frannie, I bet.

SueGee said...

Been really windy here AAAAHHHH-CHOOOO

Nickelpeed said...

Good! He is honest!

Petals said...

Gesundheit Sue!


OMG - Frannie saved. I didn't see that coming.

Petals said...

Now Danny has outted himself...he's a target on his back now.

Nickelpeed said...

wow, good blindside.

Michelle said...

Good night everyone. Thank you Jackie for hosting. That’s just wrong to vote out my pool pick while I sit here with no power from the storms. Just wrong. Haha

SueGee said...

I think Frannie wants to win, but getting to be at Ponderosa with Matt would be nice too.

Brent McKee said...

Wow!

Should have seen that one coming, but didn’t.

Granny should not have been the target, Danny should have.

Glenn Allen said...

They got Brandon out.

Jackie S. said...

Penny - Thank you for the donation!

SueGee said...

Night everyone!!

Nickelpeed said...

Thank you, Jackie. See everyone next week. Have a great weekend. Stay safe, Petals!

Petals said...

Thank you Jackie! I'm a bit strapped lately, but will soon be able to contribute again to the Pool Party Kitty.
Everyone have a safe week.
Joe - xoxoxox

Jackie S. said...

Thank you all for coming by!

Nickelpeed said...

Jackie, I've made it a monthly thing. I hope it helps you. <3

Mike Barer said...

I was glad that Frannie wasn't voted out.

Jackie S. said...

Penny - I've noticed that and I appreciate it. I'm still swamped with medical bills and increasing cost of living on a not wealthy retirement income. It does help! Thank you again!