Wednesday, October 25, 2023

The Amazing Race 35: Yessir, the Pink City - Ep. 5 - Blog Party

 


I will be live-blogging and updating this post constantly as the show airs here on the East Coast. Refresh the page to get the latest updates. As always, the real blog party is in the comments. I hope to see you there!

Lifeguard SueGee has graciously updated the blog pool and here's where we stand going into tonight's show:

Ashlie & Todd -- Dr Celine, NanaintheNW, SueGee
Greg & John -- Brent McKee, Jackie, Judi Sweeney
Joe & Ian -- Cookie Jar, Michelle, Pearl
Joel & Garrett -- ChicMc, Ethan, Willie J, Jasonuwp
Liam & Yeremi -- Andi, KathyB, monty924, Skyriverblue
Malaina & Andrea -- Cheryl in NC, CherylNY, Debbie
Morgan & Lena -- Bizaro22, Debbie in FL, Krysta
Robbin & Chelsea -- Indiana Jane, KelseyNY, MikesGirl
Rob & Corey -- marthalight, PDX Granny, Sharon N
Steve & Anna Leigh -- David, Donna in FL, Glenn Allen

Are you ready? Let's GO!

Skipping through the Previously On segment.

Robbin and Chelsea are the first to get the clue to fly to India. They are going to a city nicknamed the Pink City, Jaipur. All teams are on the same flight.

Once in Jaipur, the teams all race to marked taxis to head to the Amber Palace. Pick up a bundle of sugar cane, carry it up to somewhere to get the next clue. Since they were at a bunching point, anyone can get ahead on this one.

At the palace there is a walking band and elephant in costume, as well as painted. (That would never fly here.) Teams arrive and get their bundles of cane. 

Roadblock - Who is feeling balanced? Pots of water balanced on head following a choreographed routine.


That's my blog pool random pick team in last place! Wah! All the teams are having trouble with this one. Anna Leigh made it through! Greg and John moved up to second place!


Teams will have a Detour decision ahead of them at a place with all kinds of small staircases leading to the water. The stairs look like an Escher etching!

ACK CBS NEW SPECIAL REPORT! Mass shooter in Lewiston Maine. Maybe more than 20 killed.

Greg/John are working with Morgan/Lena to get to the Detour clue.

Detour - Puppet All Dolled Up, make two puppets and make them dance. The Big Picture, wear costumes and imitate art in a mural or large painting. Uh-oh. Corey and Rob are the only ones left at the Roadblock!

Most of the teams seem to be choosing to do the Big Picture. Corey FINALLY made it through the Roadblock! At the puppet station there are camels all dressed up like they did to the elephants. Some of the bulls/cows they passed on their way there looked malnourished. You can tell they are no longer in Kansas!

Anna Leigh and Steve get through Puppet Theater first, taking their rickshaw to the next Pit Stop. Greg/John get through the Big Picture and are on their way. Uh-oh, the sisters change tasks after being at Big Picture for two hours.

Pit Stop Order:
1. Anna Leigh/Steve - Won $3,000 each
Phil warns them that there is a Mandatory U-Turn vote ahead.
2. Greg/John
3. Joel/Garrett
4. Andrea/Malaina
5. Todd/Ashlie
6. Corey/Rob
7. Robbin/Chelsea
8. Liam/Yeremi
9. Lena/Morgan
10. Joe/Ian -- Philiminated 

Out of the blog pool -- Cookie Jar, Michelle, Pearl

56 comments:

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jackie and everyone again!

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jackie and Glenn. Thank you so much for all you do, Jackie.

Glenn Allen said...

I agree with Penny. Thank You Jackie!

Jackie S. said...

I tend to fade a bit on this show. Three hours of typing while watching can take its toll.

Glenn Allen said...

I can imagine Jackie.

Michelle said...

Hi Everyone. Jackie, your attention span is fabulous. I know I couldn’t do it.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi again Michelle. The Dance trying to keep the Jugs on their head looks difficult!

Jackie S. said...

I've been using a split screen. What's really bad is if I have been watching the show with my fingers on the wrong keys since I don't look at the keyboard.

Michelle said...

Hey Glenn.

Jackie S. said...

Once I typed a whole paragraph of gibberish. I had forgotten what I wanted to say and ended up just deleting that paragraph.

Michelle said...

LOL Jackie, I can’t type, so I have to look at the screen, and I use my phone not a computer.

Nickelpeed said...

OMG! A mass shooting in Maine.

Michelle said...

I don’t have rhythm and can’t sing, I would definitely have the serial killer smile doing those challenges.

Brent McKee said...

And break for a mass shooting.

Glenn Allen said...

Special report at least 16 dead in a multiple Shooting in Lewiston. ME

Nickelpeed said...

I could never balance those jugs.

Glenn Allen said...

Praying for everyone there in Maine and the Victims and Families!

Nickelpeed said...

What the heck is wrong with people. 16 people. That just hits my heart.

Brent McKee said...

Okay I thought the news break was going to take over the rest of the hour.

Anonymous said...

Brent, I got distracted by the news when I was switching from Survivor to TAR. At 8:00 there were 10 deceased and dozens wounded, no shooter in custody. Sadden that more have passed away. But Ford may have a tentative auto deal.

Michelle said...

I was the above anonymous

Brent McKee said...

The news from Detroit at the top of the hour had the UAW deal with Ford but not the shooting.

Jackie S. said...

I've been to Lewiston, Maine. It's a very nice area. Definitely not where you would think a mass shooting.

Glenn Allen said...

Thanks Michelle for the info on the Shooting and about Ford!

Jackie S. said...

Car strike news out of Detroit would be a given.

Nickelpeed said...

I think he needs to bring the base closer to his front lobe. I really would hate to see the father and son eliminated.

Jackie S. said...

Those stairs look like painted by M.C. Escher.

Nickelpeed said...

Now, they need to hit the turbo

Nickelpeed said...

These poor people. I can't imagine a mass shooting. There was one in Dayton, OH a few years back. It's like people have gone crazy.

Micy said...

My cousin was in a Louisville mall buying a hat for the Kentucky Derby when a shooting broke out. They hid in the Milliner's store room for hours, til the coast was clear. She sent flowers to the store staff the next day because they took such care of their customers. And she looked beautiful in her Derby hat she eventually got there.

Jackie S. said...

Before I retired I had to teach Active Shooter training at my workplace.

Jackie S. said...

Flight, hide or fight.

Brent McKee said...

A lot of Canada gets most of their US stations out of Detroit. There’s a story about that but it takes a long time to explain. CBS Detroit’s news ad that just aired was all about the UAW deal and didn’t even mention the shootings.

Jackie S. said...

@Brent - The CBS I watch is based in NYC. So, the shooting would make it more than an auto worker strike.

Judi Sweeney said...

Hi Everyone!

Nickelpeed said...

Both look difficult.

Nickelpeed said...

That's terrible. Why is it mandatory. I never understood that.

Michelle said...

My good friend is a mental health therapist, and she’s specially trained to diagnose people with trigger tendencies. She said there’s a lot of people who are on the edge. She said mental health has declined in a lot of people since covid happened.

Nickelpeed said...

Same here, Jackie.

Hi Judi

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Judi! My Pool team Steve and Anna Leigh get to the Pit Stop first!

Michelle said...

Hi Judi

Nickelpeed said...

Michelle, I believe that, especially for children. We could have no contact; and if you lived alone, it was terrible. I just can't imagine people in the hospital or nursing homes who could not have family close for months. It's excruciating.

Michelle said...

Penny, I went through double breast cancer during the Covid lockdown. I was dropped off at the hospital entrance for surgery, and NO visitors allowed at all. Probably a blessing in disguise.

Nickelpeed said...

I was always good at attention to detail. I don't know what I'd be like today. LOL

Brent McKee said...

And we have a team switching detours! After two hours. Looks like my pool team will live to fight another day.

Michelle said...

My guys Joe and Ian better hurry

Jackie S. said...

My blog pool team Greg/John did well. But my favorite team is Rob/Corey -- I am so glad they made it to the Pit Stop!

Nickelpeed said...

OMG, Michelle! How are you doing? Well, I hope. I think it would be terrible to have such a major surgery during Covid. That would be horrible. I know it was for sterile reasons, but some people need family. I hope they had all the covid patients on another floor.

Michelle said...

Penny, I left the operating room cancer free, I had a double mastectomy. I feel great, and no worries about it coming back. The hospital was deserted. The were down to a skeleton crew for life saving health care and covid patients.

Glenn Allen said...

Joe and Ian were the last Team to arrive at the Pit stop.

Michelle said...

Well, that sucks, I’m out of BB and TAR pools.

Jackie S. said...

Thanks for coming by!

Nickelpeed said...

Thank you, Jackie.

See everyone next week.

Michelle said...

Thanks Jackie

Nickelpeed said...

Thank God for that, Michelle.

SusanS. said...

I just came to say I don't like Robbin and Chelsea. That is all.