Wednesday, November 01, 2023

The Amazing Race 35: Driving Head-On Into Scooters - Ep. 6 Blog Party

 

Tonight we will see what happens with the mandatory blind vote U-Turn. Eep!

I will be live-blogging and updating this post constantly as the show airs here on the East Coast. Refresh the page to get the latest updates. As always, the real blog party is in the comments. I hope to see you there!

Lifeguard SueGee has once again updated the blog pool and here's where we stand going into tonight's show:

Ashlie & Todd -- Dr Celine, NanaintheNW, SueGee
Greg & John -- Brent McKee, Jackie, Judi Sweeney
Joel & Garrett -- ChicMc, Ethan, Willie J, Jasonuwp
Liam & Yeremi -- Andi, KathyB, monty924, Skyriverblue
Malaina & Andrea -- Cheryl in NC, CherylNY, Debbie
Morgan & Lena -- Bizaro22, Debbie in FL, Krysta
Robbin & Chelsea -- Indiana Jane, KelseyNY, MikesGirl
Rob & Corey -- marthalight, PDX Granny, Sharon N
Steve & Anna Leigh -- David, Donna in FL, Glenn Allen

Are you ready? Let's GO!

Sitting out Previously On ... of course.

The teams seem to be all over the map choosing teams for the mandatory U-Turn. They vote before heading out.

They have to go to a shoe store #32 and get their next clue. Hawa Mahal is where it is. Most Instagrammed building in India. Look into the windows with a telescoping monocular to look into the windows for the next clue. Steve and Anna Leigh get the clue. They have to travel on foot there.

Once there, they get a clue to choose an electric rickshaw driven by women. They have to help get it out of a jammed parking lot first.

They head to the Detour with the rickshaw, the votes are in. One team will have to do both tasks on the Detour. Anna Leigh and Steve see themselves on the U-Turn.

Detour - Bundles or Bricks. Decorative flowers bundle up variety of flowers, pack up in rickshaw, deliver two places, get receipts. Bricks have to pick up bricks, sand and gravel and get delivery receipt.

Greg and John are in 2nd place at the Detour. But, technically first place as Steve and Anna Leigh are U-Turned. Anna Leigh/Steve finish up the Bundles Detour quickly and are headed to the next one. Meanwhile other teams are still arriving at the monocular clue.

Uh-oh. Steve and Anna Leigh didn't hand in their Bundle receipts and have to go back to do it. 

Greg/John finish the Detour first and get their clue. Then Ashlie/Todd. The brothers Yeremi and Liam are lost.

Greg/John travel by rickshaw, pick a bolt of fabric and a clue. Rob/Corey are in 2nd place. Greg/John - Jaipur Mahal by rickshaw to get next clue.

Roadblock - Who likes to play with blocks? Must print nine peacocks with blocks. Greg/John finish first and must race to the Pit Stop.

Anna Leigh and Steve found out some of the teams who U-Turned them as they are at the Roadblock.

Pit Stop Order:
1. Greg/John - Also won trip for two to New Zealand
2. Rob/Corey
3. Joel/Garrett
4. Morgan/Lena
5. Todd/Ashlie
6. Malaina/Andrea
7. Steve/Anna Leigh
8. Robbin/Chelsea
9. Yeremi/Liam -- Last place, Philiminated

52 comments:

Glenn Allen said...

Hi again everyone!

SueGee said...

Hi again!!

Jackie S. said...

Greetings!

monty924 said...

Hey everyone

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Sue Gee, My pool team Steve and anna Leigh still in first!

SueGee said...

One last piece of garlic bread and I declare myself full!! I hope there is no gross eating in this episode. I may have to leave the room LOL

Glenn Allen said...

Hi again Monty. I wonder who gets u turned!

monty924 said...

Lol, SueGee. I know, Glenn. I'd go after one of the ones down in the pack to ensure that you have enough time to beat them to the mat. Sadly though, my brothers are down there in the lineup.

Glenn Allen said...

My Pool team got u Turned, Steve and Anna Leigh!

monty924 said...

I missed that. That sucks, Glenn... hopefully they will make it because they're pretty far ahead.

Glenn Allen said...

Thanks Monty. That is their best hope since they had a big lead.

monty924 said...

Glenn, I like Steve and Anna Leigh.

Glenn Allen said...

Steve and Anna Leigh complete the first part of the U turn.

SueGee said...

At least I still have a team on this show Ashlie & Todd.

Glenn Allen said...

Monty I just hope their Mistake of not returning their receipts does not cost them. I like the Father and Daughter connection they have.

Glenn Allen said...

Sue Gee I like Ashlie and Todd as well.

Jackie S. said...

My team is doing well -- Greg and John!

Brent McKee said...

Steve and Anna Leigh DO NOT complete the first part of the U Turn, having failed to carry out the First Law of The Amazing Race: “Read the damned clue!”

SueGee said...

I can't think of any teams that I dislike...

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jackie. Thank you again.

I was watching the WS for a bit.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Brent, Yes read the clue and bring the clue!

Jackie S. said...

Not sure what WS is.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi again Penny!

Nickelpeed said...

My pool team went out awhile ago. I really like the father and son and the 2 brothers.

Jackie S. said...

Which two brothers? Greg/John or Liam/Yeremi?

Brent McKee said...

There are some teams doing the “ugly American” stereotype, complaining about the speed of some of the rickshaws,and the crowded streets and that sort of thing. Enough to hate any of the teams? Not yet. But if they keep it up….

monty924 said...

Penny, I have the World Series on in the other room. I think the Rangers are going to take it.

I'm not crazy about Robin and Chelsea only because Anna Leigh tried to work with her on the tile challenge and she snubbed her.

Brent McKee said...

WS = World Series.

monty924 said...

I think camels are so adorable 🐪🐫

Jackie S. said...

Ah, no local teams in it so I didn't know. I don't follow sports.

SueGee said...

I've got Warriors/Kings on and switching to WS now and then....I will be watching Survivor soon and TAR if I can stay awake.

monty924 said...

You're in first, Jackie :))

Nickelpeed said...

They just drive. No defense at all. Dangerous for a walker.

Nickelpeed said...

I think so, too, Monty. I like the Diamondbacks, but it just isn't their turn this year.

Nickelpeed said...

What position is the father and son and the two brothers right now?

Jackie S. said...

WHICH two brothers? Greg/John are number one. Thise brothers or the other brothers?

Nickelpeed said...

ooops, sorry Jackie Liam and Yeremi

Jackie S. said...

They're near last ... as usual!

Nickelpeed said...

I am glad that Greg and John are first, though.

monty924 said...

I like your brothers too, Jackie!

monty924 said...

My brothers aren't doing so well, lol. They're always at the very back of the pack.

Glenn Allen said...

Greg and John are team number 1. Anna Leigh wanted to know who u
turnered her team.

Nickelpeed said...

I keep going back to watch the WS. So, I'm missing this.

Oh no!! Liam and Yeremi are last. Crap!!

Glenn Allen said...

Steve and Anna Leigh are the 6th team to leave the Stamping Task.

Jackie S. said...

Greg and John are very likable plus generally do well. I'm glad I have them in the pool. Of course in other pools I have Jag and Emily.

SueGee said...

Jackie, every once in a while you do get someone in the pool that you can actually like!

Nickelpeed said...

It looks like Liam and Yeremi will be eliminated.

Glenn Allen said...

Steve and Anna Leigh finish 7th.

Nickelpeed said...

I am so sad. I liked them. :'(

Nickelpeed said...

Thank you, Jackie.

Will see everyone tomorrow night for Big Brother.

Jackie S. said...

Thank you for coming by!

monty924 said...

Well, I'm out of the race. :((

Thanks, Jackie. Everyone, stay warm and have a great night.