Since a few folks asked - no, the houseguests have no clue about the double eviction slated for this Thursday. From the news released by CBS, it will be the first eviction, HOH comp, POV and eviction. Oh, and I'm sure they'll have to do another HOH comp, too. Yikes! None of us should blink or we'll miss something major. With various issues and Julie Chen errors we've seen so far this season, it should be very interesting if the show comes off without a hitch.
Here are today's events from the Big Brother House of Damsels in Distress:
- Despite her um... night imbibing... Danielle was up early and roaming the house and smoking (outside, of course).
- She muttered apologies to her husband and parents, and said out loud that she just wanted to go home, repeating the latter over and over again. Eventually she headed back to bed.
- At around 9:30 AM, BB announced that the Power of Veto Ceremony would begin in two hours.
- The houseguests stayed in bed.
- Once they did get up, Will told Erika to be strong. [Editor's note: I like how Will has taken charge of Mike's charge.]
- Erika seemed really down, saying she hates her life, she hates the house, she hates the camera... and so on.
- Erika told George that she was very disappointed with Danielle's behavior last night. (See this morning's entry.)
- She then went over scenarios to herself - can't send Will home because she doesn't have the numbers, can't send George home because that would be stupid, etc. She mumbled more about emotional blackmail. [Editor's note: I would think she meant coming from Danielle.]
- Will told her he was mad at Mike for not helping out. Perfect thing to say because... she's mad at him (Mike), too!
- Erika can't say enough good things about George, though.
- Janelle and Erika talked about how crazy Danielle acted last night. They were joined by Will and the talk continued. [Editor's note: I can bet it will be a topic for a long time to come. She really went over the edge. Thanks, alcohol... such a great invention, eh? Yes, I know she could have limited it, but they are in such an odd predicament. I doubt she'd do that at home. I don't think so, anyway.]
- Chicken George plans to wear his Santa suit for the POV Ceremony. At least someone is dressing for the event!
- It seems Mike wants to throw Danielle a sympathy vote. Will's not too pleased with that - Janelle already planned to give her one. So, Mike got in a snit saying she didn't have the right to do that. Will seems to really want the vote to be 3-0 so there's no margin of error. [Editor's note: A rift in the Riff-Raff?]
- Today's POV Ceremony only began a half-hour later than planned. And, as expected Janelle used her Power of Veto to save herself and Erika then nominated Danielle in her place.
- Danielle told Janelle to take Erika to the final two and she'd (Janelle) would have the votes to win the game.
- Danielle campaigned for votes. When she asked Will, he said he'd vote to keep her. He hinted that Mike Boogie wanted to give George a sympathy vote. [Editor's note: Liar, liar, pants on fire!]
- Erika told Danielle that she put her up because she's too loved, too strong, too good... too too.
- Danielle sobbed alone on the couch in the backyard, mumbled about no one wanting to take her to the finals with them and requested a Diary Room session.
- Will told George that people keep him because he's so bad at competitions.
- Danielle smoked behind the couch once again. This time we found out her parents would be upset. So, that's the reason she's been sneaking cigarettes!
- Woogie discussed the plan of action for when Danielle goes. Mike Boogie thinks it's best that Janelle gets the HOH. Will thinks that Mike can get rid of Erika at anytime since they got her to turn on her friend.
- Then, after Janelle gets the HOH, she can't compete the next week. So, it will be George, Will and Mike competing.
- Woogie's worst case scenario is that George wins HOH this week - he would put them on the block. They pondered about how to fix that situation.
- Will told Janelle she's going to be one of the final three (with himself and Mike).
- Will then told George he's in Chill Town now.
- Danielle wants more "libations" tonight. One would think last night's would have lasted a while for her. [Editor's note: @@ <--- gotta roll those eyes!]
So, that's where we stand. There isn't really any official official alliance with George, but it's obvious that Woogie might think it safer to bring him along as he would put them on the block. I think (could be wrong) that if Janelle wins this HOH, Erika would be the target. It's hard to tell how strong this Chill Town George is going to be - he doesn't trust Will and Mike, not at all.
A few other things - Chris in comments wanted to know why Danielle was so upset with Erika when she had talked about nominating/voting for Erika to leave a bit back. Well, I think that Danielle can be a bit of a control freak - that's why she's so upset with George, she can't control him. She thought she could control Erika and found out she can't. That's my take on it, anyway. And, yes, Chris... I think Erika does feel guilty.
Someone else wondered if they'll ask all the houseguests to pack their bags on Thursday, which would indeed be a giveaway of the double eviction. I really don't know - this double eviction done like this is a first for the show.
One more note: I've been being harassed by a fellow "blogger." He's left obscene comments and advertisements for his own blog. If you see any of those posts, please don't respond to them - they've been being removed since the start of the season. I thought his schooldays would give him new interests, but... sigh.
This blog is not a minute-by-minute kind of thing. I post generally early in the morning, after the dinner hour and late at night. Some days I post more than that. I'm sometimes not available to post during some comps or happenings and I encourage commenters to go ahead and post the news if they see it happening. However, advertisements for one blog in particular will be removed due to the vulgar comments, rude comments and obscene emails I've received from the blogger. I've told him since the season started that I wasn't happy with him mimicking exactly what I do here and that I don't want him using my blog to promote his own. His response is obscene email and comments here. He's also the "free speach" commenter. @@ Ignore him, please.