In comments, blog reader Sydney mentioned seeing a TV show promo while watching the most excellent new James Bond movie. The advertised show intrigued her and yes, I can help. I wrote a brief preview of the upcoming My Boys show which will premiere November 28 on TBS (the very funny station). It's one of two new original sitcoms I previewed thanks to screeners from the good folks at Turner Broadcasting. The other show is 10 Items or Less - both innovative and funny. That one will premiere Monday, November 27.
In other TV-related news:
- I'm tired of hearing about Tomkat's wedding. Make them stop! I'll admit it's a cool castle, though.
- Sarah Ferguson Begs For Spot on Dancing With the Stars - Do you think Fergie has a chance?
- FOX Orders Additional Episodes of "Standoff" - I haven't watched this show as of yet, but the premise sounds interesting. Are you watching? Should I check it out?
- Gordon Ramsey, the ill-tempered chef of Hell's Kitchen, has opened a new restaurant in Manhattan. I'm tempted to make a reservation, but I'm sure it's a bit out of my budget.
- Can't get enough Amazing Race? Reality News Online has transcribed the latest "Insider" video from the CBS website. Find out what we didn't see on last week's show before we see what we will see on tonight's show!
- It seems that The Bachelor has been renewed for another season.
- Save the cheerleader, save the world. (Yeah, that's my new favorite TV tag line.) Not only is tomorrow night's Heroes episode a crucial one, but some new cast announcements are out and about. Doctor Who star Christopher Eccleston and George Takei (Sulu from Star Trek) will be added to the cast. Takei will be playing Hiro's father. Perfect! Dang, I love this show.