Sunday, May 27, 2007

Recycled Pants - This Week on 'The Late Show with David Letterman' - May 28-June 1, 2007

Late Show with David Letterman Well, May Sweeps have ended and we're (not unexpectedly) if for a week of repeats on Letterman this week.

As always, my complaint with the repeats is that they're much too recent. Yeah, I know they do that because movie promotions, news issues and more all have to be timely or current. Yes, that's the logic behind it all. But, as a regular viewer, I'd like just once to see a way old repeat. Heck, I'd watch that while I rarely want to watch a show I just saw two weeks ago over again so soon.

Here's what you can expect this week on the show and I guess I'll go to bed a bit earlier unless Leno has a guest I really want to see:

  • Monday, May 28: Ray Romano promoting The Grand, Impressionist Reggie Reg, Dennis Haysbert from The Unit. Not worth a second watch from me.
  • Tuesday, May 29: Senator Barack Obama, Halle Barry promoting Perfect Stranger, and Masters Champion Zach Johnson. This one was interesting for the Obama segment... he's a very personable kind of guy.
  • Wednesday, May 30: Dr. Phil promoting his special Caged? and Jack Hanna. Hey, wasn't this shown only a week ago or so? Sheesh! I felt cheated by the Jack Hanna segment cut short for time.
  • Thursday, May 31: Regis Philbin talking more than promoting Shrek the Third and Darlene Love (who's always tremendous). It was a good show, but again it aired just a week or maybe two ago.
  • Friday, June 1: Tobey Maguire promoting Spider-Man 3, Modest Mouse, and Impressionist John Byner. Excellent show, but I won't watch it again so soon.

I foresee earlier bedtimes for me this week.



2 comments:

dla said...

Hi Jackie!

Happy Monday! Well, I was looking through TV for the week, and I was hard pressed to find a thing that I really wanted to watch!! Mr. Letterman included!

This is that b-o-r-i-n-g time of year in between our regular season TV and the summer season TV, and it is a drag!!

Maybe we will all get caught up on our sleep...

Anonymous said...

I was so glad to see Studio 60 back on the air. If you liked West Wing (that fast pace), and you liked Saturday Night Live, then this is a winner. The backstage scenes of what does or could happen while doing a live show is anything but boring. Allison Janney (sp) was the guest star this week and if something could go wrong, it did, she made a complete fool of herself, and at the end she loved every minute of it. I don't think people gave this show a chance...well now's the time to watch when there's nothing else on.

Deadliest catch... I have 3 recorded, so I'm good for a bit.

Can't wait for The Closer... Jackie ???. :>)