Monday, May 28, 2007

TV Newsy Bits - Memorial Day - Monday, May 28, 2007


It's Memorial Day and graphic artist Zoetawny has made me a patriotic graphic fitting the occasion. (Have I mentioned that she rocks lately?)

I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday weekend and taking some time to remember our folks in the military - past and present.

Too many lives have been lost.

My own father served in World War 2 - a salute to him, as well as a pause to remember him. He's been gone for over thirty years, but lives in my memories.

Here are the TV Newsy Bits I found out there today:
  • Last night I was channel-surfing at the start of the 11 PM news when Channel 7, WABC (NYC), went dark. It remained blacked-out until well past midnight when I stopped checking on it - just dead air. Even when the WTC towers went down, we had snow, not dead air. The cause? A fire. Yipes.
  • Celebrity Spider has the skinny on the new ABC fall series, Cavemen - the one based loosely on the Geico commercial cavemen. I'll say right now that I'll definitely have to peek at that show.
  • I actually have Maury on right now. I never watch the show as it's all "who's my baby's daddy" kind of programming. But, today it's Jack Hanna! I love him and his animals!
  • AOL Television has an update on The Bachelor: An Officer and a Gentleman and his fiancee.
  • Will T.R. Knight return to Grey's Anatomy? It seems up in the air according to this AOL article.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard about ABC's fire. I guess thinks happen.

Thank you for the Bachelor update site. I hope they make it, but odds against them.

Yes, today is a time to stop and remember our soldiers. They do a job many shy away from and deserve the day to honor them!

Noticed that ABC has an all new line-up tonight for Wife Swap-Ex-Wives Club-Supernanny tonight. Little People on TLC is new also. For Deadliest Catch fans repeats on Discover all day.

Anonymous said...

dang THINGS proof-read IMAO

Deanna said...

I just can't get on board w/ a show about the Geico Cavemen. I think the commercials are mildly amusing, but to watch a show w/ furry people? I think I'd rather watch reruns of "Alf" if I wanted that... :)

As for the Ex-Wives club? I really think it sounds awful. Also, to have K-fool's ex on there is really pushing it. She was never married to the loser and who on earth would want help from someone who was with someone like him anyway? I think she needs the help more than anything. I won't be watching it!

So u think u can dance and Big Brother r my shows 4 the summer...

Sydney said...

Thanks Jackie -- Loved the Caveman article (can't wait to see how it works out ...just wish they'd use the guys from the actual commercial) and the bachelor follow up. Would not find these myself and hope you may keep looking over the next severeal months for any news of the two. Sure there will be more as Tessa moves to HI, then maybe not much til the next Bachelor. Just appreciate your research keeping all of us in mind!

Anonymous said...

I,also,have a Dad who served in WW2,and would like to say my thanks to ALL who have ever served our country in this way. My hubby was in Viet Nam and I have no idea what being a soldier is even about,but I am so grateful for what they have done to make it possible for me to live in freedom here where I live,the best place on earth!

I'm not even looking forward to the Cavemen show,I don't even like the commercials that much.

I'm wondering if George(T.J.)failing his intern test was a way to write him and Callie out,maybe have them going to a new hospital to get away from Izzy?? I had heard that Katherine Heigle was making noises about trying to get out of her commitment to the show as well.Not sure if I will tune in the Addison show,depends what's on opposite it.

And,I'm with you,Jackie and Deanna,I love SYTYCD and watched it this week. I like that they try to let these people down easier than on AI,although it's got to be hard with some of the delusional people that climb up on that stage. The scariest are the ones that say they are dance teachers(yikes). Some of them are just plain terrible. And I LOVE Screamy Mimi(oops...Mary),she's a hoot!