Yes, I think Zoetawny nailed it. Eric is a legend in his own mind!
I seriously wonder what his game plan was prior to being saddled with the America's Player gig. He knows the game in and out. He probably would fare well if he was playing it straight up.
But there are some issues with Eric, some he could improve with a bit of restraint and others a bit beyond his control. What he could improve is he talks too much and talks without first thinking. I think he sometimes talks just to talk. That he could change if he worked at it.
Harder for him are his mannerisms and body language. He's on the hyper side, always looks either nervous or guilty, wiggles around as he talks, and his eyes are all over the place as he talks or even sits. That body language tends to make him come across as sneaky or dishonest even if he's being truthful. He's squirmy!
Controlling his body language would be a tougher task than controlling his mouth, but I think it's hurting him in the house and with anyone who watches the feeds regularly. They don't show as much of his body language on the show as we see on the feeds.
Anyhoo ... here are the late night and overnight happenings from inside that Big Brother House of Lovable Buffoons (Or Not):
- For the longest time last night the feeds were intermittent as Daniele kept reading out loud from the BB Rules Book. "When Big Brother announces a lockdown, you must immediately ..." Feeds block. "Houseguests can use the pool at anytime but may not swim alone as there is no lifeguard." You guys don't know how much I'd love to get my hands on that book!
- Evel Dick assumed the chef position last night, cooking dinner for everyone.
- As BB won't let them have good cutlery, he had to chop and mince with a plastic knife.
- He swore at and bullied the [bleepin'] broccoli and carrots.
- Evel Dick said he has never seen so many green potatoes at a time.
- Amber is upset. She wants to talk to Jessica. She has too much to pack. People are deserting her. Fuss, fuss, whine, whine, sniffle, honk.
- Daniele thinks it's odd that they only got all those banner planes within one week and none since.
- They have the fake rats from the Power of Veto comp. Amber seems disturbingly attached to hers. (It's not a living being, Amber!)
- Jessica told Eric that, during the POV comp, she was thinking that Amber just might win. Apparently Amber had a good showing in the comp. Scary, eh?
- Jameka and Jessica plan to make Sunday's dinner.
- Zach offered to make dinner for Jameka and she told him to cook for everyone, not just her. Amber points out that he's said he was going to do so three different times and hasn't done it yet.
- Heh. Eric said that when he was in first grade he wrote an essay named "Sometimes I Wish I Was a Fly." They sent him to the school psychologist.
- Daniele told Dick she "can't stand these people."
- Jessica decided her fake rat has "devil eyes" and places it so it can guard the HOH room.
- Jessica, Amber, and Jameka tried to de-trunk Eric in the hot tub. (Y'see, in this aspect he does very well. Women are not intimidated by him and he doesn't creep them out at all. It's almost like a kid thing going on.)
- Dick exposed himself to Eric. Eric found it oddly amusing that it just seemed part of being in the house.
- Daniele told Dick that Amber kept complaining that Nick didn't mention her in the letter she received.
- Eric told Jessica that if the nominations remain the same, he'll say in the POV speech that he respects her opinion. But he'll try to scare everyone first by acting like he's going to shake things up.
- Daniele and Dad had a lengthy nice talk about family memories and house happenings. Good. No whining.
- Daniele said she can't talk about the trip, but watch for a "New Amber who's serious and kicking ass." Then she laughed.
- Dick wants an honest alliance -- no side deals with Jameka or others.
- Eric later told Jessica that now he's worried that Dick may have some side deals going on since he brought up the issue.
- When talking about Amber's visions, Eric said, "What is she? Miss Cleo?"
- The Alliance of Four -- Dick, Daniele, Eric, and Jessica -- came up with a new name for their alliance. It's the Little Julie Chen Alliance. Um. Okay.
- Eric thinks this might be the most bitter jury ever on the show. I think he could very well be right.
- Eric called Amber the One Person Nerd Herd. Not to her face, of course. She would have cried and we don't need more of that!
- Eric and Jessica continued their platonic, yet flirting, relationship. Oh, there was a massage! They touched! Oh, my!
- It's all quiet in the house now (finally) as I get this posted.