Sunday, January 22, 2006

New 'Survivor' Castaways: A Closer Look at Ruth Marie Milliman

This morning's "New 'Survivor' Castaways: Closer Look at..." is all about Ruth Marie Milliman. Y'know, the more I read about this cast, the more impressed I am at most, if not all, of this season's castaways. What I'm not seeing much of is those who just want to be on television and be a "star." That's very refreshing to me. Of course, down the road we'll probably see folks whining about the "old" people or such. Tough. I like the cast! Nyah.

Back to Ruth Marie -- she's a 48 year old director of retail leasing (according to the job listed) in Greenville, SC. Oh, but she's so much more than that! I mean, we're talking the 1978 South Carolina Watermelon Queen here! :::grin::: More seriously, she's a woman who's been successful in beauty pageants, holds a degree in Criminal Justice, was a head cheerleader in her college days, was a flight attendant and a narcotics agent (not at the same time) and is currently regarded as a top competitive long distance runner. She seems fit, photogenic and looks like another contender to me.

Let's take a quick look at her CBS Official Favorites for insight:
Ah, she likes honeysuckle... one of the finest scents on the planet in my opinion. Good. Um... board game is CandyLand? Huh. I believe that was Judd's game. Eep. Her magazines and books are geared to running and bicycling. She likes watermelon (no wonder) and champagne. Oh... and she likes Elvis.

My prediction for her? Well, just basing on her background, I believe she's going to be a strong competitor in the game. Perhaps not the Sole Survivor, but latter half towards the Final Four.

Your thoughts?

No comments: