Sunday, March 25, 2007

Whatever Will I Watch Tonight? - Sunday, March 25, 2007

At the moment, I have an old episode of Law and Order: Criminal Intent on Bravo going on in the background.

I just peeked on on the local CBS affiliate. The basketball game currently playing is in its second quarter, so CBS programming will run late all evening... again.

What does that mean for me? It means I won't get my Amazing Race 11: All Stars fix on time (once again). I will be watching it and I will post an East Coast Update with the finish order at the Pit Stop as soon as it airs here in the NYC area. What time would that be? Right now, I have no clue. But I'll zap a post up when the show starts to give you a sense of the timing for the East Coast Update. And, but of course, a full review/recap of the show will be posted late this evening.

What else is on tonight?

Although the entire evening will be delayed due to March Madness, CBS has new episodes of 60 Minutes, TAR, Cold Case, and Without a Trace.

At 8 PM ET/PT, NBC has a new episode (could it be the season finale?) of Grease: You're the One That I Want. FOX has a new The Simpsons followed by a new King of the Hill at 8:30. ABC has a new Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.

In the 9 PM ET/PT hour, FOX has new episodes of Family Guy and American Dad. NBC has a repeat of Deal or No Deal and ABC has a Desperate Housewives repeat. At 10 PM ET/PT, NBC has a new episode of The Apprentice: L.A. and ABC has a repeat Brothers and Sisters.

Needless to say, the shows I watch for the most part tonight are on the delayed CBS schedule. Grr.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

AR should be about 840p E. Andy Rooney on now

Sydney said...

ROME wrapped it up in thier final episode of their final season, which is only season two due to "budget" SOB. I loved this well done show with it's amazing sets, costumes and very strong, excellent characters. They did a good job of wrapping up the various story lines -- Anthony and Cleopatra died, The great soldier Vorenus finally got hit in a fight with a fatal wound, but made it back due to his strong will to see his children before he succumbed to his injury... with his pal Pullo by his side. Pullo walks off with his son with Cleopatra into the sunset, having lost two loves and Vorenus, we know he will not be alone in life.

And with Marc Anthony dead, Octavians ends up being crowned Ceasar, the only ruler of Rome, with the support of the entire city cheering him on as he parades the dead bodies of Anthony and Cleopatra through the streets. His mother, once the central, devious matriarch, but recently reduced to a whimper due to losing her true love Marc Anothony to Egypt and now death, decides to snap out of it on this day that shse had groomed her son for since his birth. A fine ending indeed.


I think they could have found the $$ considering how great the reviews were, and carried it on for ages of interesting Roman historical stories. But both guys who played Vorenus and Marc Anthony have already signed on for their own new pilots -- may their shows thrive and be shown on American TV!.

RIP ROME I'll buy the boxed set to remember ye.

Has anyone else been watching this show?

Jackie S. said...

Sydney - I don't watch it because I only have basic cable - no HBO. I have heard goof things about the show, though.

Sydney said...

Hey jackie-

Yep, I know you weren't able to, so just look at it like you won't be sad about it today. Now, we have the final 6 shows of the Sopranos to deal with next. I know you have just begun to watch this in repeats... don't know if you continued as we haven't heard much about that, but it was really about coming home on a Sunday night and knowing most of the city of NYC was settling in to watch Sopranos and Sex in the City back to back. It was the best night on TV once.

Anyway, Rome, Sopranos and the Wire are often called really the last quailty shows on HBO, and they are losing 2. Big Love just doesn't compare.

Showtime just started The Tudors and that stars Joanthan Reese-Meyers (if Ispelled it right) who I think is a very interesting actor... whether the show is a poor man's Rome, or totally different is yet to be seen.

FX just started The Riches, starring my fave Eddie Izzard... haveth you taken a gander on that one?
And Rescue Me will start up again shortly on FX, in it's 4th season.... The bachelor starts Monday though I think for the first time in 10 seasons I may not watch much, and even the girls from Flav or love have their own show called Charm School, now that I Love New York Is coming ot an end...

Wait, I feel an Oprah moment coming on... Some doors close and others open...it's the great circle of life!!!

Jackie S. said...

Sydney - I lost track with The Sopranos. The times they show it don't work well for me and I'm sooo far behind.

The Riches sounds intriguing, but again a bad time now that I've gotten into The Black Donnellys. I'll have to see if FX shows it at other times. I already tape something else in that hour. And, I've found that if I record too many shows, I never get around to watching them.

Sydney said...

I could totally understand that... I may not be able to take on Black Donnelys -- as I have watched last weeks ep adn now tonight, I just have that feeling of "TOO FULL" in my head... we can only take on so much in a day or week!

Plus, I'm jsut watching! You have an entire PUBLIC checking in with you ona sometimes daily basis, enjoying these essays you write with so many details (and pics) in them on top of it all. You amaze me girl!!!