Monday, February 04, 2008

TV Newsy Bits - Monday, February 4, 2008


A dilapidated shack near the Netherwood (NJ) Train Station. They lie. There's no riding academy and indoor track ever coming!

In today's TV Newsy Bits --
  • I wrote an article with BB9 news for TV Squad yesterday but it was just posted today. Apparently, according to Jokers, the new promos for the show are saying 16 houseguests instead of the 14 previously said. I haven't personally seen the new commercial yet.
  • I think I forgot to mention an article I wrote about TV judges there for the end of last week. And, tomorrow morning there should be an Animal Planet article I wrote published. (Yes, I get around the dial, eh?)
  • There's some new programming on tonight -- FOX has a new Prison Break followed by a new Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles; the new series Welcome to the Captain makes its debut at 8:30 PM ET/PT on CBS and new episode of The New Adventures of Old Christine returns at 9:30 ET/PT; NBC has new episodes of American Gladiator and Deal or No Deal taking up the entire primetime block; ABC's primetime is all new -- Dance Wars, Notes from the Underbelly, and October Road.
  • Jeff Probst spills a few beans in an article about the new Survivor: Micronesia over on Reality News Online.
  • Piers Morgan wrote an article for a UK outlet about working with Lennox Lewis on The Celebrity Apprentice.
Today's musical non-sequitur:
But February made me shiver
With every paper I’d deliver.
Bad news on the doorstep;
I couldn’t take one more step.
-- "American Pie" by Don McLean
* February 3, 1959 is the date the music died -- Buddy Holly, The Big Bopper, and Ritchie Valens killed in a plane crash. No, I don't personally remember it, though I do know the music.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Drew Lachey just announced that we will meet the new Bachelor on Dance Wars tonight...was hoping for a female this time!

Not into Judge shows, ss Jackie. But I did read your article. I can not wait for the Animal Planet article to come out.

Darn lost Google sign in again

Unknown said...

AACK! I opened Jackie's blog only to see Jacob's cabin right there in front of me. Luckily, I counted to five (and hit the comment link) and it disappeared!

Delee: the Bachelorette returns this summer with DeAnna, the girl that was dumped by Brad last season. Sorry, can't remember where I read that, but bet you could Google it.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the info Clementine. Spmehow missed that. How soon we forget...it was DeAnna that he turned down plus Jenni.

Anonymous said...

hi everyone.....Yes Ellen De G had Deanna on and gave her the news about being the bachelorette,,,shold be interesting.
I saw the new Bachelor on Dance Wars last night...he seemed..well..English..hard to say how it will pan out.
Im excited about BB9, cant wait...
thanks again Jackie for keeping us informed...
As for February 3, I do remember when they all died...I had just started high school, and it was my Mom's birthday....my brother was 7 years older and he was really upset about it all when he found out the next day. The media wasnt like it is now, with instant coverage and cell phones...oh and yes, that little black and white screen!

joy n said...

I really do remember that day in 1959. I had just turned twelve and was really into the fairly new Rock n' Roll thing. My best friend and I were in shock when we first heard the news and we cried all day. Three of our idols had died so unexpectedly. The Big Bopper's (JP Richardson) big song was "Chantilly Lace". Buddy Holly was singing "That'll Be The Day" and my best friend was named Donna, so that song by Ritchie Valens was really special.

It was the first time we would realize that "famous people" could die, too. A real loss of innocence and the realization that grownups just didn't understand.

Every time I hear American Pie, I think of them and I still cry every time I watch "La Bamba".

What a flood of memories you've brought back, Jackie.

Sydney said...

I just saw that Survivor starts THURSDAY -- 2 nitght from now. Haven't looked a a calendar in 2 weeks due to the flu. This has crept up on me and thank goodness as there has been nothing to watch every night. Dance Wars is a big disappointment. Apprentice, yes, Friday Night Lights, yes, but it's not enough.

Don't know what happened to Project Runway. Been watching Make Me a Supermodel but that's just a way to pass time. Dying for Dexter to come back on. No Tudors til March. Occasionally watch Orangutang Island, was watching the dog show the other night.

joy n said...

Just read on realitytvworld that DWTS-6 will start on March 17. It says that Marla Maples (Trump's ex) and Marilee Maitlin (the deaf actress) will be on it. The same article states that Sean Hayes (Will and Grace) and Priscilla Presley are possible sign-ups, too.

The Bachelor also starts on that date.

Another bit states that Stephen Baldwin asks to resign on this weeks CA, but doesn't say that he actually does.

Anonymous said...

So sorry about the flu Sydney, that is a horrible illness. Project Runway is new this week. I bought the 1st season of The Tudors and have watched it all and will have to wait for for the 2nd second to come out on DVD. Since I am a huge English royality fan, there are many false time frames in the first season, but in the long run a great show. LOVE LOVE the clothing! It was portrayed his illegimate son (Henry Beaufort) died at 3 years, but he lived till he was 17.

They say Margaret went to Portugal to marry the King, but it was Mary and she married the King of France, who died shortly after. Margaret married the King of Scotland and was the grandmother of Mary Queen of Scots. Wonder why they tried to chance history so much. Also when Mary married Charles Brandon they lived a long life and had many issues, not as it was portrayed she died shortly after. John Reyes Meyer is a great Henry the VII, and I await purchasing Season 2 and finding more oops.

Sydney said...

How FABULOUS would it be to see Sean Hayes on DWTS????

And thanks Delee for your input on the Tudors. I was curious after reading your posta ways back that they had deviated from history quite a bit. Yes, the costumes adn sets are as RIck as the ones on Rome, and of course due to style even more complex. Not bad for ppl who had no real way to bathe, lol. I usually hate the cold giant dark castles and all that, but this show makes all that seem a non-issue.