Monday, June 17, 2019

Big Brother 21: Cast Revealed Today!

Once again, the internet rumors were just that -- rumors, not factual at all. I thought it would be a cast of newbies as the television promos kept saying "total strangers." I should have posted my own rumors!

So, I did the exercise in aggravation known as the CBS All Access Live Feeds Big Brother cast interviews. Sigh. We sat through a blurred guy vacuuming and waited forever with a blurred Jeff Schroeder between interviews. They started late and went on forever -- mainly in wait time. Once the Ika interviews are online, I'll post them.

While I do like the newbies, BB is still casting one older person along with a bunch of kids. While this one does seem to have a good sense of humor, they're almost always out soon. We also have a gay Broadway dancer. Oh noes! Not a Frankie! Thankfully he doesn't come across like Frankie. We have a first in a plus-size model this season. We also have a good-looking man-bun dude. Hmm.

I'll be posting more on these new hamsters soon ...

Holly Allen, age 31

Cliff Hogg, age 53


Nicole Anthony, age 24

David Alexander, age 29


Analyse Talvera, age 22

Jack Matthews, age 28


Bella Wang, age 22

Jackson Michie, age 23


Christie Murphy, age 28

Nick Maccarone, age 27


Jessica Milagros, 30 (or so)

Ovi Kahir, age 22


Kathryn Dunn, age 29

Sam Smith, age 31

Kemi Faknule, age 25 

Tommy Bracco, age 28

19 comments:

Petals said...

WOW! No returnees!? I like that there is an "older" guy (my age, yeeps)

Jackie S. said...

Nope, no returning hamsters. There is a good-looking man with long hair that you will probably fall for, though. He has it in a man-bun in the screenshot I took. Jack.

Terry is a Texan! said...

Thankful no returnee!!

Anonymous said...

Aquaman is playing, lol! Thx Jackie!

Dolores in NC

Petals said...

LOL Jackie - you know me, I love to cheer for those Tarzan types!

Judi Sweeney said...

Glad there isn’t any returnees! Thanks Jackie!!

jennifer said...

Looks interesting!!!

Sharon N said...

Delores in NC nailed it... Aquaman!!
Hope he's a good guy so we can admire him from afar for a while.

Jackie S. said...

In his Jeff interview, Jack and Jeff discussed the Aquaman resemblance.

Glenn Allen said...

Jackie. I watched the interviews as well. You were right about the long wait between interviews. Christy gave off a Kaitlin vibe with her wanting a positive circle each morning. The Older guy did seem to have a great sense of humor. It seemed like a few fans of the show and some seemed like they just saw a couple seasons in sequester.

Glenn Allen said...

They even paid a tribute to Brett from Level Six from season #20 with casting Analyse Lol. Remember from the Hacker comp.

Jackie S. said...

Glenn - I also got that Kaitlyn vibe from Analyse, perhaps not as dippy as Kaitlyn, but …! In reading up on her, she seems to be more into shopping than BB. I too thought that Cliff was funny. I hate that he's the only "older" guy in the house. I can never figure out why they do that. I think it's showing my age (as well as a lot of the folks who visit here) that I've watched since the first season. So many of these, even the ones who claim to be big fans, haven't watched too many seasons.

Kismet said...

When are you going to do the pool

monty924 said...

Seems like an almost older demographic??? Older than the past few years. Looking forward to my summer diversion!

monnie888 said...

I love when they bring in vets.

monica said...

I like it better when they are all new people. We will see enough of the oldies hosting competitions or whatever. It looks like BB used their same check off list that they always use, in regards to the "type" of characters to put in the house. I hope it's a good season!

Dave said...

Wonder if Kathryn is related to Rachael

DKNYNC said...

I don’t think Tommy Bracco (the Broadway dancer) is another Frankie. He’s a genuine hard working Broadway Actor (Newsies, Chorus Line, Pretty Woman) and he founded Lion Arts to help kids dreaming of a career on Broadway. He says “family is everything” and his strategy is to be the Italian Mom of the group - take care of everyone and make them feel safe and loved. He may name drop and it’s possible he already knows houseguest Christine.

Cheryl in NC said...

I love that it's all newbies. I do wish they would have more folks in there 40s or older.