Wednesday, June 19, 2019

The Amazing Race 31: Episode 10 Blog Party


We're getting down to the wire for the season now. It's all previous TAR teams and one rather surprising BB team left in the race. Who would have thought that Victor and Nicole would get this far?

Before we really get going here tonight, I'd like to remind you that the sign-ups for the BB21 pool are in full swing! You can sign up on this here linked post -- and only on that post, please. If you sign up on this TAR post, it might be missed. Sign up now while you're thinking of it!

I'll be live blogging the major events as tonight's show airs here on the East Coast. Refresh the page to get the latest update! As always, the party is in the comments area -- I hope to see you there!

Next week is the two-hour season finale starting at 9pm ET/PT after the second night of the BB21 season premiere.

Here are the latest blog pool standings from Lifeguard SueGee:

From Big Brother
Nicole & Victor -- Jackie, Jennifer, Jenna G

From Survivor
No One Has Survived!

From TAR
Colin & Christie -- Donna NY, Petals
Becca & Floyd -- Merrilee, Judi Sweeney, Glenn Allen
Leo & Jamal -- Kelsey NY, Indiana Jane, Cheryl in NC
Tyler & Korey -- Sharon N, Ed in Ohio

Philiminated
Art & JJ
Rupert & Laura
Corinne & Eliza
Janelle & Britney
Rachel & Elissa
Chris & Bret

Are we ready? Five teams remain. Who will be eliminated next?

Teams are flying to Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Tyler and Korey have won first place four times in a row. But, as we know, the only leg win which really counts is that final leg. This is one of those bunching up bits in which the teams all start out at the same time at their destination.

They have to ride a bike, then hike to get their next clue. They get tandem bikes which have a bit of a learning curve. It's Nicole's birthday, so she thinks they need to do well. 

Detour -- High or Dry. Raise a cow up a bell tower or go to a farm, vault across ditch, pick up cheese and eggs, go back across the ditch with all intact. The Dutch way to cross the water-filled ditch is a pole vault. Victor is great at it, Nicole not so much. And, the cows in the other part are fake cows.

Double U-Turn ahead! Yikes!

The first two teams there -- Colin/Christie and Tyler/Korey -- don't use the U-Turn figuring the Afghanimals were sure to use it. Leo/Jamal plan to get even and U-Turn Nicole/Victor if they can.

Aww, they did U-Turn Nicole and Victor who in turn U-Turned Team Fun. 

Team Fun is currently in last place. 

The teams must race by boat to the next Pit Stop. But Nicole and Victor are a bit lost looking for their cow. It looks like Team Fun is going to pass Nic/Vic as both teams vie for second to last place. Er, no … not so quick. Team Fun has to return to the Detour for another egg because one of their eggs were cracked. The suspense builds. Nic/Vic aren't doing well raising their cow.

They have to pull a boat from their boat in the race to the Pit Stop. So, it's not going to be easy to go through the canals. Leo/Jamal are having boat troubles while Nicole/Victor get to the last clue box before Becca/Floyd.

Pit Stop
1. Colin and Christie - won $7,500 each
2. Tyler/Korey
3. LeoJamal
4. Nicole/Victor
5. Becca/Floyd -- Philiminated

I really like them. 

46 comments:

jennifer said...

Hi Jackie!! Hi to all who follow.... I’m ready to race!!

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jackie and Vincent. Ready to have fun!!

Hi Jennifer.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jackie and Everyone. How do I put my Survivor win in the signature? Thanks.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jennifer and Penny!

jennifer said...

I’ve just made some blackened chicken for Southwest salad and some white wine!

Jackie S. said...

Glenn -- I think maybe people copy and paste from a saved file. I myself have never won a blog pool here. But I poked around and I'm not seeing any settings to add a signature in comments. I might be wrong.

Glenn Allen said...

Don't forget to signup for the Big Brother Pool on Jackie's linked thread if you haven't already.

Glenn Allen said...

The Bike ride looks hard!

Glenn Allen said...

Thanks Jackie. I hope Nicole does good on her Birthday and Team Fun does well.

jennifer said...

Poor Nicole!

Joe in NY said...

Hi folks

jennifer said...

Is anyone else laughing out loud at Vic and Nicole?

Glenn Allen said...

Wow Vic Pole vaulted in School. He and Angela could have a comp.

jennifer said...

I have so many friends from Amsterdam who live in Aruba... they are all so happy.... I think it’s because they are in Aruba lol

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Joe. I hope Nicole and Victor don't get uturned by the Afganibles

Nickelpeed said...

I hope not, Glenn. I'd hate to see them U-turned.

Hi Joe and Glenn.

Nickelpeed said...

Poor Nic and Vic. They get razzled so often. I guess I'd be that way if someone was going to U-turn me, too.

Nickelpeed said...

Jerks. I was never fans of Leo and Jamal, but now I've marked them off of everything!!

Glenn Allen said...

So My Pool picks uturned because Nicole and Vic were uturned.

jennifer said...

This place is gorgeous!!

SueGee said...

Howdy everyone!! Just popping in - fish fry tonight and I can't miss that!!

The BB pool is filling fast! Don't forget to use Jackie's link and sign up!! 16 house guests to start and lots of players!!

Squeegee

Nickelpeed said...

Oh noooooooooooo!!

Cheryl in NC said...

Hey all...been mia for awhile ..but I am back..just in time BB coming up!

Nickelpeed said...

Hi SueGee!

Nickelpeed said...

Amsterdam is beautiful. I met my husband on a trip to Amsterdam tulip festival.

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Cheryl!

Glenn Allen said...

Hi SueGee and Cheryl!

jennifer said...

I bet that was beautiful!!

Nickelpeed said...

Haven't others done it? Now come on Vic! You can do this!!!

Nickelpeed said...

I didn't like Colin and Christie the first time, but I do like them this time out.

Nickelpeed said...

Good they did it.

Nickelpeed said...

Yes, Jennifer, it was. One of the prettiest I've ever been. It was so fun to see the windmills and all of the different kinds of tulips.

Glenn Allen said...

Hopefully Nicole and Victor and Team Fun can beat the Afganibles. It would be embarrassing to them to have Double Uturned teams beat them

jennifer said...

Love the Travelocity commercials

jennifer said...

Always get so nervous at the end of the race with edits!!!

Nickelpeed said...

I thought Leo and Jamal weren't U-turned. They were nominated, but they weren't chosen, right?

Nickelpeed said...

Rats, team Fun is out!! I am going to miss them. I loved this team!

jennifer said...

I really like Becca and Floyd!

jennifer said...

All my friends, have a great week, see ya soon!!
Thanks Jackie 🤗

Nickelpeed said...

Thank you, Jackie. Really appreciate you giving us a place to talk.

She's a good beatboxer!

See everyone next week!!

Jackie S. said...

Thank you all for coming! Don't forget to watch for the BB21 posts and jump in the blog pool!

Glenn Allen said...

yes they were only nominated but not uturned in the auction.

Nickelpeed said...

Season finale already???

Judi Sweeney said...

Awwwwww my fun team philiminated.... I really liked rooting for them too! Bummer

Judi Sweeney said...

Thank you Jackie!

Unknown said...

Can't stand Nicole and her whining. She's already won Big Brother. I wish team fun would've won!