Friday, July 24, 2020

Big Brother 22: Are You Ready Hamster Watchers?


Yep indeedy ... soon it will be AWN (as Monica BB2 would say). Even a pandemic can't seem to stop our summer obsession! Yes, delay it a heck of a lot, but not stop it!

HERE IS WHAT WE KNOW:

* It will be an "All-Star" season for only the second time ever. Although, from the rumors out there I'm thinking some of the hamsters might just earn the title of "returning player" rather than "All-Star." To give casting some credit, it had to be hard getting folks to commit with the virus running rampant.
* As you see from the image at the header, we will find out about the cast on the live feeds next Wednesday.
* The cast has been in sequester/quarantine already and will be for 14 days total before the show premieres.
* The crew is also going to be working under many restrictions even though it's being said that they will have no personal contact with the hamsters.
* Julie Chen-Moonves will still be hosting.
* The season premiere will be on Wednesday, August 5 at 9pm. It will be a two-hour move-in episode. No mention of when the live feeds will start as of yet.
* It will follow its regular scheduling of Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday, probably with the live evictions still on the Thursday shows.
* I will once again be posting live feeds reports and show night live blogging pool parties as the episodes air here on the East Coast.
* I will be posting a pool sign-up post next Wednesday. Please do not ask to be in the pool here on this post and do sign up on that one when it goes up!
* It should be noted that the cast interviews on the 29th will be on the live feeds only. And, of course, the live feeds are on CBS All Access.

STUFF FOR YOUR ONLINE READING PLEASURE:

From US Weekly - CBS Announces
From RobHasAWebsite
From TMZ
From Cinema Blend  
From ETOnline 

21 comments:

Chacha said...

I am so hoping it is a good season this year.
Allstars or returning, just hope its people we would really like to see. I am hoping its not totally loaded with last seasons players with the exception of a very few players.

Jackie S. said...

Janelle and Ian Terry are among the rumored. I wasn't thrilled with her last return, but like her too much to dismiss her. And, I adore Ian.

Sharon S said...

I'm looking forward to this!

Grove Wiley said...

YAY!! I do hope they can keep it safe, but since I am stuck inside so much right now, I might as well watch a TV show with people stuck inside too. And it'll be interesting to hear them talking about COVID, etc... which I hope they'll show.

CashCrateAggie said...

ENOUGH PAUL! I'm also sick of seeing Janelle. At least Danielle from Season 3 will be back. She's my favorite besides Kaycee.

CashCrateAggie said...

The HGs have been released! Christmas Abbott, Nicole Anthony, Paul Abrahamian, Amber Borzotra, Cody Calafiore, Kaycee Clark, Tyler Crispen, Bayleigh Dayton, Daniele Donato Briones, Nicole Franzel, Josh Martinez, Ian Terry, Hayden Moss, Enzo Palumbo, Janelle Pierzina, Danielle Reyes, Da’Vonne Rogers and Kaysar Ridha

Jackie S. said...

CBS has not officially released any sort of press release regarding the cast. While it looks like some of those names (rumored by TMZ and even marked as rumors) probably will be on, they're still RUMORS. Also, another RUMOR is that Paul will NOT be on the show. When word is official, I will post on the actual cast.

Jackie S. said...

If you got your information from the Gold Derby site, they're hit or miss with their spoilers and really should not use the headline that the names have been released when CBS hasn't done so.

Chacha said...

It wouod be interesting to see Ian play.

monty924 said...

I was so bummed with the prospect of no Big Brother... so I'm stoked now!!! ♥

Glenn Allen said...

On Angela's Instagram Angela and Haleigh Brocher from BB#20 are doing a work project . Haleigh just broke up with Fessy and Angela was missing Tyler. Haleigh and Angela were hinting that Tyler was in sequester.

Sharon N said...

Our guilty pleasure - better late than never! :)
I wonder if this season will run the usual length of time.
Programs not able to film 'in-person' right now, so there hasn't been much on TV.

Glenn Allen said...

It will be inteesting to see Tyler and Kacee working together again with Coast to coast as 1/3rd of Level 6.

jennifer said...

Looks like I’m ready for some Big Brother!! Something new and something Live❤️
Can’t wait!
Hope everyone is doing well in here🤗

T-Town Chick said...

I’m so excited! Summer hasn’t felt like summer without Big Brother:)

Marthalight said...

I was really disappointed when is seemed there would be no BB this summer. I have been saying all along, they could do this if they sequester everyone ahead of time, it would not be that challenging to pull off. So happy dancing that they are doing it! I don't comment very often but I am always here and feel like you are all family. Good to see those that have posted so far! Be safe everyone and looking forward to diving into the pool!

CherryPie said...

Can't wait

Nickelpeed said...

When my husband told me it was premiering Aug. 5, I had to look it up! I have to watch on CBS all access because my satellite company is having a dispute with our local CBS company. I'm glad I can at least watch it.

If there's a pool, I'm in!!

Jackie S. said...

As I mentioned in the blog post above: there will be a separate pool sign-up post within a few days. If you want in on the pool, you MUST sign up on THAT post (when it's posted).

Oh ... and according to Paul's Twitter account, he will NOT be on the show. Both of his parents need surgery and he doesn't want to take the health risks involved. He probably also doesn't want to lose again, but he didn't say that.

Petals said...

**EXCITED** about seeing the King & Queen together again

Anonymous said...

Jackie where are you?