Wednesday, October 21, 2020

TAR32: Blog Party October 21 Episode

 

Are you ready to race?

SueGee has updated the blog pool and we're following our long tradition of reassigning folks who had the unfortunate circumstance of backing the first Philimination team. And, in a season like this, before we even barely knew them! The updated blog pool can be found at this here link.

I'll be updating this entry the best I can as the show airs here on the East Coast. I'm still iffy on some of the names, so you might see me referring to teams with descriptors rather than names. I promise you by the time the season ends, I'll have the names down! Heh. Refresh this page to get the latest update. As always, the real party is in the comments area -- I hope to see you there!

We left the teams still racing from the Tobago pit stop and receiving a clue to catch a flight to Bogota, Colombia. The flight is a bunching point with all teams on it. Ohh ... thin air as it's high altitude. That might do in some teams a bit.

Once they land, they travel by taxi to salt mines. Search the underground tunnels for hourglasses. They can stop another team for ten or twenty minutes. They can also yield a team. They also sign up for the first release time for the next clue. The more time they spend looking for a 20 minute hourglass, the more likely they are to have a later release time. The earliest is 6am. Most of them have ten minute hourglasses.

Travel on foot, climb a bell tower, find an emerald or a golden wrap and deliver to respective places to get next clue. 

Then travel by taxi to the location of the next clue -- first opportunity to use the hourglass if they wish. Uh-oh, the Olympic women are lost. The blond sisters are lost, too. Eventually they catch up to each other.

NFL is in lead, followed by Hung and Chee. The Roadblock is a circus theme tightrope walk in costume. holding a wine bottle. Then they have to go back across with a tray of glasses. So far no one has Yielded anyone. 

The new clue location has teams attaching items to customized truck. NFL is started. Several teams arriving.

NFL first and traveling by taxi for their next clue.

Uh-oh. The Olympic women are in last place going into the Roadblock.

Hung and Chee are in the lead heading to the pit stop. They are followed by NFL. Meanwhile, Olympics redeemed themselves on the tightrope.

Pit Stop
1. Hung and Chee, also won a trip to Switzerland.
2. DeAngelo and Gary (NFL)
3. Riley and Maddison
4. Eswar (sp?) and Arpana
5. Victoria and Michelle
6. Will and James
7. Leo and Alana
8. Haley and Kailynn
9. Jerry and Frank
10. Kelly and LaVonne -- Philiminated Olympic athletes

56 comments:

jennifer said...

Hiya everyone!

monty924 said...

Here for a little while... GO Jerry and Frank

Nickelpeed said...

Hi everyone. Not going to join you. My husband was searching for fans and left our bedroom door open. Now it's filled with thick smoke. I'm sorry you men, but men can be so dense sometimes. Geesh. 😭😫

Jackie S. said...

Long time no see.

Jackie S. said...

Good luck, Penny. Tell him you never put groceries on the stove! At least my old school gas one would make it quite foolish and unbalanced!

Petals said...

lol hi Jackie !!

Ed in Ohio said...

Hi All!

Petals said...

hi Ed!

monty924 said...

Hey homie

Ed in Ohio said...

Nice thing about being on this show, you really get to see the world

Petals said...

are any of the teams "famous"?

jennifer said...

Agree with you Ed! So happy to see the normalcy of the travel!

Ed in Ohio said...

Hi Homie & Petals! .......Jackie, Jennifer, & Penny

monty924 said...

I agree Ed. I just don't think I could ever do it. Too many flights and I'm not the best flyer. I can do it if it's a non-stop or just one layover at the most. TAR would never be my game.

Petals said...

I didn't know Volleyball could go pro?

Ed in Ohio said...

In my 'heyday' I had to fly a lot for work. Never really got used to it or liked it.

monty924 said...

Taxis are a curse on this show

jennifer said...

Kaylynn and Haley!!! Your lost, oh no!!

Ed in Ohio said...

The taxi, a TAR staple.

Jackie S. said...

Petals - Some football fans know the NFL guys. I think they're about the most famous.

Joe in NY said...

Have they ever considered running TAR with fewer teams and fewer Philiminations?

For me, the problem with the early weeks of TAR is there are too many teams to follow and you don't really have a rooting interest in any of them.

Joe in NY said...

The one Olympian medaled. While she's not exactly Michael Phelps, that has to make her more famous than most.

Nickelpeed said...

He has a habit of doing that. Problem is, he had it on high. Bright red!!

Joe in NY said...

I hate to say it, but that hula hooping girl is kind of turning me on.

Ed in Ohio said...

I'm pretty sure DeAngelo played for the in the NFL for the Carolina Panthers.

monty924 said...

I love these challenges, lol

jennifer said...

I like hung and chee, the seem pretty level headed!

Joe in NY said...

It can't be that easy to walk a tight rope, is it?

jennifer said...

Football guys did much better on this one

Joe in NY said...

Seems like they are actually holding themselves up with that umbrella.

Ed in Ohio said...

Uh Oh Jennifer, not looking good for our team right now.

monty924 said...

COme on team

jennifer said...

No it’s not! They better step up.

jennifer said...

Party foul, lol

Jackie S. said...

Ed - Both of the guys played for Carolina Panthers. I want to say one also played for Pittsburgh, but I might be wrong. It's in the bio stuff I wrote up.

Ed in Ohio said...

Thanks Jackie!

Ed in Ohio said...

Good girl Haley. Keep it Goin'

jennifer said...

“May “ be eliminated.... I hate that phrase, used way to much in seasons past, and most times they were out, lol

jennifer said...

Do will and James not hear the horns?!? Read the clue, don’t be stubborn!

monty924 said...

They're all making the same mistake

Joe in NY said...

I can't believe no one reads the clue. It does say right in the clue to hook up the horn. Smh...

monty924 said...

Come on Jerry and Frank

Joe in NY said...

I don't think I would have told them. You are one bad cab ride away from last place.

Ed in Ohio said...

Ok RUN Girls!

monty924 said...

Whew...

Andi said...

Yay! Jerry & Frank are still in it!!!

Jackie S. said...

Aw... they had such promise! I'm glad the father/son team made it, though.

monty924 said...

Well, my father/son lasted another week.

Thanks Jackie for doing double duty for us tonight. See you tomorrow night for BB.

Stay safe everyone ♥

jennifer said...

Thanks Jackie! Goodnight everyone!!

Jackie S. said...

Thanks for coming by! I need to go rest a bit now!

Ed in Ohio said...

G'Nite All!

Thanks Jackie!

Sharon N said...

Too funny...The Kiss of Death!!
My team was out 1st...and now the 2nd out too.

David said...

LOL Sharon. Yea, watching the upcoming on TAR preview at the end of last weeks show I didn't see them, so figured they were not going very far.

eumax said...

Eumaxindia is leading advertising agency in radio Hello FM 106.4 FM Chennai and Madurai. You can now easily place your advertisement in Hello FM (106.4) FM Ads in Chennai through Eumaxindia.

Hello FM 106.4 Ads in Chennai

Cheryl in NC said...

They both did Ed but De'Angelo as a running back definitely higher profile.Plus he does Alot of charity work here in town.He was one of the first to get involved with breast cancer awareness in the NFL because he lost his Mom and several Aunt's to the disease.He is a really good guy!

Bizaro22 said...

My pool picks have won two stages in a row....whoohoo!