Wednesday, July 21, 2021

BB23: Power of Veto Show Blog Party - July 21

 


Good evening! I hope all of you are well tonight and weathering the weather! Tonight is the Power of Veto comp on the show. Now, remember ... many people read the show posts but don't watch the live feeds. So, this is a NO SPOILERS zone! Please don't post events until you see them air on the show. Merci!

I'll be live blogging the major happenings and updating this entry as the show airs here on the East Coast. Please refresh the page to get the latest update! As always, the real party is in the comments area -- please feel free to join in on the fun!

Oh, let's open with a recap! No, not here. I'm talking on the show.

We pick up the action after nominations. Heh. Kyland tells us that Frenchie has been chaotic in the house. (You don't say!) He thinks Britini would take Frenchie off the block if she won veto. Brent and Whitney quickly abandon their ol' buddy and comrade Frenchie. Britini cries and her team surrounds her -- Frenchie, Derek F and Azah. Derek F seems more upset that two of the people on his team are up on the block, not really who they are. 

Frenchie insists to Britini that he will be going home, not her. He promises her that if he wins veto, he will save her. He tells us that if he wins the veto, he'll figure a way to save both of them. Yeah, right.

Tiffany gives Kyland words of support. Tiffany so wants Frenchie out and she's proud of Kyland. 

Brent, Whitney, Hannah and Derek X sit around talking the demerits of Frenchie. Frenchie tells Kyland he's not mad at him and hugs him. He says he knows he's the target. He tells him that Britini is heartbroken and if he wins veto, he will use it on her. Kyland doesn't believe him but humors him, nodding.

Kyland tells Britini that everyone in the house wanted to target Frenchie. She asks him if he will use the veto. He tells her it would serve no purpose in his own game to do so. That bothers her even more. 

Heh. Brent calls Frenchie erotic when he means erratic. He is more like their usual casting. Most of this season is better quality non-dead end job types. They say it's his accent. Mind you, he is NOT from NJ. Rhode Island has an accent that's similar but not quite Massachusetts.

Britini tells Frenchie that Kyland told her everyone except her threw out his name. He knows his Slaughterhouse kin gave him up. Frenchie runs around the house calling out the Slaughterhouse with the exception of Derek F and Xavier (final two deal and thinks he could work with Xavier down the line -- AS IF he will stay!). Claire thinks the Slaughterhouse is as fake as the girls alliance French Kiss where everyone just pretended to join in on.

A funny, yet odd, Alyssa birthday bit ensues. She gets wrapped in toilet paper.

Veto player picks time -- Kyland draws Alyssa. Frenchie draws Claire. Britini draws Derek X.

The backyard is set up like a day at the beach. Fill container with suntan oil to retrieve your whistle. Must catch the oil in a container and fill the suntan oil. The oil bursts from huge different spraying bottles, running from bottle to bottle to fill up their bottle first. It's one at a time. Britini is first and seems to have clicked in on how to best do it. But was her epiphany too late? Kyland is next. Then Derek X, Claire, Alyssa and last is Frenchie.

Claire 5.33
Kyland 4.54
Britini 5.08
Derek X 4.41
Alyssa 6.57
Frenchie 5.06

DEREK X WINS VETO AGAIN!

Frenchie cries in the Diary Room to us. Oh, boo-hoo. He tells Azah he is going out and he sacrificed himself for something he's not. She knows the show has been his dream and doesn't want him to give up. Derek F also advises him not to give up. I say GIVE UP. Oh, geez ... they lit the fire under him. Just what we needed!

Frenchie goes to Kyland and Derek X to lay out his "war plan." He plays on the fact that he would go home before either of them, would be loyal to them, would never target them, etc. 

Time for the veto meeting -- Derek X does NOT use the veto. Britini and Frenchie both remain on the block. 

89 comments:

Petals said...

~*~*~ SPLASH ~*~*~

Hi Jackie, Vincent & everyone!

I have watermelon and STELLA!

Joe in NY said...

Hi Jodie

jo C said...

Hi Joe and hi to everyonr

Petals said...

Queen Janey loves Kyland, too! :)

Petals said...

Hey JOE xoxox

Bren said...

Evening all! I’ve got a fruit tray and pitcher of “Bay Breeze” Enjoy!

Petals said...

Poor Azah

Petals said...

Hi Bren

Cheryl in NC said...

Hey everyone

Bren said...

I have an off-BB question. Does anyone stream CBS using Paramount+? If yes, do you have problems with it freezing and running slow?Some nights it’s impossible to watch.

monty924 said...

Hi everybody

Petals said...

I have it, Bren. No issues like that, tho. My biggest issues is how it is blue water most of the time, lol

Petals said...

Monty friend!

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jackie and Vincent. Thank you for hosting us.

Hi Petals, joC, Joe, Bren, and Cheryl.

Caela said...

Woohoo. I actually get to join the party! I'm on vacation and the show is on a hour earlier here!

monty924 said...

I don't have problems with Paramount either.

Petals said...

Hey Penny

Judi Sweeney said...

Hi everyone!!! Thank you Jackie!

monty924 said...

Hey Petals...

Caela said...

I dont use it to stream CBS but j have so many issues w paramount+. I am stuck in a loop where I sign in then it tells me to sign up or sign out. Can't get to any of the programs. Worst streaming service I have!

Judi Sweeney said...

Hi Petals, Penny, Monty, Cheryl, Bren, Jo, Joe, Carla, and Jackie!!

Jackie S. said...

Kyland is indeed a sweetie.

Petals said...

Hi Judy & Caela & Cheryl :)

Petals said...

Jackie - I get Kaysar vibes!

Nickelpeed said...

I like Kyland.

Petals said...

Brent gives a "Yo Adrian!" vibe, LOL

monty924 said...

Hi Judi... I can see that, Petals. I really like Ky too

Judi Sweeney said...

I do like Kyland….

monty924 said...

Oh, Frenchie

tbc said...

Forgot it was Wednesday. I’m on summer hours. My daycare is closing next month and I’m out of a job… ugh!!

I brought Pinot Grigio tonight. That’s all I had in hand. Monty should be happy

Petals said...

What a great cast

Petals said...

Hey Teeb!

Caela said...

I can't believe Frenchie thinks this is a good plan.

Petals said...

Cracking up at Tiffany doing French's accent

monty924 said...

Lol, hi TBC! I'm a Riesling girl but I can do a glass of Pinot too :)))

Bren said...

Thanks for the input. I don’t have any problems with the library or watching a show the day after, only problem is with live streaming.

Jackie S. said...

I think the diversity this season and a new casting director have really helped. People not used to POC can see that every Black man is gay. And, every gay Black man isn't effeminate -- Derek F is a bear! It also invites people in the house to mingle more. True, the Cookout exists but on the whole, people are mixing and mingling more.

Petals said...

think about last year at this time, and all that toilet paper!

Petals said...

agree Jackie!

tbc said...

Oh, Monty! I finished the Riesling over the weekend. I’ll get ore for tomorrow!😄

monty924 said...

LOL @ Petals

Caela said...

Petals, that was my first thought as well!!!

monty924 said...

Lol, tbc 😂

Petals said...

lol Caela - right? (I still have a surplus of TP!)

Cheryl in NC said...

this is definately the best cast in years

monty924 said...

I do too, Petals, lol. I faired better than others because I've always had it auto delivered from Amazon, so I have a nice stock pile all the time 🤣

Jackie S. said...

To think ... both Tiffany and Claire have tried to get on for more than a few years. They both are really good!

Ed in Ohio said...

Hi Everybody! Jumpin' in a little late.

Clair sure doesn't look the same from her promo on the 1st show, I wonder....................?

Petals said...

hey Ed

Cheryl in NC said...

there was no one to really dislike even...until Frenchie went crazy last week he had seemed like a pretty down to earth guy

Nickelpeed said...

Frenchie just digs himself deeper and deeper.

monty924 said...

Hey Homie

Petals said...

Britini is a huge Zach Rance fan

Nickelpeed said...

Hi monty, tbc, ed, and judi

Petals said...

was she supposed to blow the whistle?

tbc said...

Hi Penny!

Nickelpeed said...

I don't think it would have mattered who was the first HOH. I would not want to be the first one. People end up hating the first HOH

Petals said...

I;ll use your body as backboard, Kyland

monty924 said...

The BB music/sound guy always cracks me up 😂

Ed in Ohio said...

Hi, Petals, Monty (Homie), & Penny!

Petals said...

last year, Monty - with the jingle bells, bwwhahahaa

monty924 said...

Lol, yes!!

monty924 said...

That was pretty smart to pick that up, Frendhie

Petals said...

French played this veto the way he played the first week in the house - all over the place!

monty924 said...

Hi Penny

Jackie S. said...

Ed - Are you sure that's Claire in the promo? She replaced a woman who tested positive for COVID shortly before the premiere.

Petals said...

I don't drink soda often (like 4x a year) but I am craving a a root beer right now

Ed in Ohio said...

Yes Jackie I was referring to the introduction piece they showed on the first episode.

monty924 said...

Petals, I have Not Your Father's Root Beer... it's high octane though 😎

Petals said...

DXXXXXX

Ed in Ohio said...

Frenchies "All" wasn't enough

Petals said...

I've seen that in stores!

Ed in Ohio said...

Lol Monty, "high octane" for sure!

monty924 said...

Right, Ed? Petals, it tastes just like Root Beer and you don't realize it even has alcohol in it until you hit the bottom of the bottle

Jackie S. said...

Huh. I haven't noticed. But then again I spend much of my time looking at my computer monitor as I type up the show live.

Jackie S. said...

I've had the Not Your Father's root beer and ginger ale. Both give a kick.

Petals said...

OK - I have my window so I'm heading to bed.
See you all tomorrow!

Thank you Jackie!

xoxo

tbc said...

G’night Petals!!

monty924 said...

NIght Petals!

I need to try the NYFGinger Ale, Jackie. I love the Root Beer

monty924 said...

LOL... the rooster!!

Night all and thank you Jackie!

Jackie S. said...

Thank you all for coming! See you tomorrow!

Ed in Ohio said...

ROOSTER@@

G'nite All!

Thanks Jackie for all you do!!

Cheryl in NC said...

Thanks Jackie as always! Goodnight all..til tomorrow.

CherryPie said...

Frenchie is so full of himself...thinking he'll be saved thru some special production twist..im excited to see who goes home tomorrow

Nickelpeed said...

What's he talking about. No backstabbing? etc, etc....

Nickelpeed said...

Night Petals!

Nickelpeed said...

Night Cheryl!

Nickelpeed said...

Thank you, Jackie. This is greatly appreciated.

See everyone tomorrow night!!

Leopardprincess said...

Forgot about show tonight and I love your recaps. Actually forgot about your blog for this year but I caught up today