Wednesday, August 18, 2021

BB23: Veto Comp Show Blog Party - August 18

 


Let's gather in the yard around the pool ... it's time for the Power of Veto Comp! Since this is a show post, it's in that dreaded NO SPOILER ZONE. Let the folks who just watch the show be surprised, please!

Remember, they were gambling in the High Rollers Room twist for a chance at a second veto. Each "winner" can bet on a veto player for the win. If the person they bet on wins, that veto comp participant wins a second veto. It can be used this week or next but only used once.

I will be live-blogging, updating this entry with the major happenings as the show airs here on the East Coast. Refresh the page to get the latest news. As always, the real party is in the comments area -- please feel free to join in on the fun! Oh ... and bring snacks and beverages.

Previously on and on. Let's get to the action!

We are promised OTEV by the narrator. Kyland tells us that he needs to win one veto. Claire, SarahBeth, Kyland and Derek can all vote on the second veto. Britini feels safe with Kyland as they made a deal. Or, so she thinks. In watching the clip, it doesn't sound like he's agreeing to the deal.

Kyland tells us that right now Claire is a target but he would also consider Alyssa or Britini. Derek F is a bit worried about being a pawn. He's going around telling people he thinks he's the target and keeps lying to Azah and Britini. Azah is a bit skeptical and doesn't think her team (although teams are over) is safe.

Tiffany tells us that she's not ready to lose Claire just yet. She talks to Kyland. Claire had told Kyland she would target a Joker, then Xavier. Eek says Tiffany, now she will have to talk up Claire to save her. It works. Kyland turns his focus on either Alyssa or Britini.

Veto player pick time! Kyland draws Alyssa. Claire draws Azah. Derek F draws HG Choice and chooses Britini -- now all three remaining ex-Jokers are in.

The Veto Derby bets: But, first they get a clue that it's OTEV.

Kyland -- Alyssa
Derek F -- Britini
Claire -- Kyland
SarahBeth -- Azah

It is indeed OTEV, this time as a jellyfish. He is reminding me of Jessie. They have to search for cards with a specific jelly (made up with two HG names) to move on. Get Jacked Jellyfish. Derek F would like Britini to win so they are both safe.

First clue first evicted HG when the veto was used. Derek F last, all the others right. He's out first. 

Second, jelly of the evicted HG on a team together. Alyssa is killing this comp so far. Azah wants Britini to win and tries to throw it to her. Tiffany is not pleased with that. Azah last and out.

Third, evicted HG who participated in Massive Cocktail Comp. Britini up last. She's out. Azah threw it for nothing.

Fourth, evicted HG that was not team captain. Claire last. Claire out. It's between Alyssa (who, if I'm not mistaken) who has been first each time and Kyland. She tries to deal with Kyland.

Kyland wants to save Claire and throw to Alyssa.

In the fifth round, Kyland is obviously throwing to Alyssa. ALYSSA WINS THE POWER OF VETO. Kyland wins the second power of veto because he bet on Alyssa.

Back after the veto, Claire's punishment is over and she can get rid of the costume. Now Kyland's is over, too.

SarahBeth advises Kyland that she would like Derek F to go. Ah, but she thinks Britini is coming after her and Kyland, so she should go. Kyland tells Derek F that he wants to backdoor Britini. Derek tries to talk him out of it. He tries to steer him towards Derek X.

Kyland wants SarahBeth to give Britini a heads up. Eep. Why? Britini rushes to talk to him. She doesn't find him but tells the others. Ah, she finds him. All he tells her is that there are reasons. He tells her that she's unpredictable. He avoids the question about who will be saved. He tells her that was dependent on the second veto.

Britini cries. Kyland is touched by her pain, but ...!

And now BB goes for another cliffhanger.

78 comments:

monty924 said...

Hi Jackie and all who follow...
~~~SPLASH~~~

monty924 said...

Ready for the VETO

monty924 said...

Lol, Arnold OTEV

monty924 said...

Guess it's you and me tonight, Jackie :)))

Nickelpeed said...

Hi everyone. I won't be in tonight. AC shopping. I'm sweltering. I work tomorrow night. I'm missing this whole week. ☹

Jackie S. said...

I hope more show up! I'm not great at conversation in comments as I have to keep updating the blog and come by only during commercials.

Cheryl in NC said...

Hey Jackie monty and penny

monty924 said...

No AC... oh no, PEnny. This heat and humidity is definitely brutal. Hope you get it replaced soon. We're supposed to cool down tomorrow evening but that's a lifetime when you have no AC. :(((

Joe in NY said...

Hi folks

monty924 said...

Hey Cheryl

monty924 said...

Hey Joe

Cheryl in NC said...

Sorry to here that penny..No AC is no bueno if its as hot where you are as it is here.

Cheryl in NC said...

Hey Joe

tbc said...

Hi all. I brought Pinot Grigio and Riesling.

monty924 said...

Hey tbc... I'll take a glass of Riesling :))

Cheryl in NC said...

Hey tbc I'd love some reisling please

tbc said...

Here you go, Monty!

monty924 said...

Thanks, tbc. It's good....

Cheryl in NC said...

that's not a clue..it's a giveaway

Petals said...

~*~*~* SPLASH ~*~*~

Unbelievable! I was almost scam victim. wow. I mean, the person was pretending to be the Govt, giving out grants to widows & disabled people. And they dropped the name of a good friend. So I believed them.
Finally, I start seeing misspellings and bad punctuation. So I report the conversation, etc. But DARN IT! For a minute, I believed I was actually going to get something for Gary dying. (SSDI had denied his claims repeatedly, saying he wasn't "sick enough". Guess dying isn't sick enough for them...)
*ahem* Sorry, rant over. That's why I was late.
Hello Jackie & Everyone!
I need a drink, what's at the bar? LOL

monty924 said...

Dang, Petals. Scam artists everywhere these days. grrrr

tbc has good wine tonight

Joe in NY said...

It might have been more interesting if the bets were secret. Then, for example, Kyland trying to win the veto wouldn't know that he was also winning a veto for someone he didn't want to be holding it.

Petals said...

I'll take that bottle of Pinot over here, Teeb!

CherryPie said...

Hi everyone hope all id well with ya....did i miss something Tiffany said Brit keeps drama going in house....i havent seen any except her break down over being nominated

Petals said...

This will be a rough watch, knowing what happened. grrrr

Cheryl in NC said...

Sorry to hear that Petals..glad you caught on though

monty924 said...

Cherry, that's just Tiffany working to put Britini on the block if need be.

Petals said...

Monty - I'm pretty savvy, I watch Dr Phil, LOL. But because they first posed as a good friend, then said they'd "gifted" her a $90k grant, I believed it because she is also a widow.
Oh well, live & learn.

CherryPie said...

Still serving martinis

tbc said...

Petals, let’s split it! Lol

Petals said...

ok, Teeb. Then I'll take some of Cherry's 'tinis. :)

monty924 said...

I wish they'd learn a new word for backdoor... none of them use it correctly anyway

tbc said...

Lol

Petals said...

this voice is so much better than Gilbert Gottfried.

Cheryl in NC said...

poor big d...lol

monty924 said...

OUCH

tbc said...

Ouch

tbc said...

Is it really Arnold or a good Arnold imitator

Petals said...

Poor Britini...she really thinks they are her ride-or-dies

monty924 said...

So obvious, LOL

Petals said...

I think it's a good imitator. I can't imagine the real Arnold doing this.

tbc said...

It is sad

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jackie and Monty and TBC and Cheryl and Petals and Cherry Pie and Petals and Joe and Penny

tbc said...

Right?? My son was saying, there’s no way Arnold is doing this. Lol

Jackie S. said...

Petals - Nothing official would ever contact you on FB. They would snail mail you if anything.

Cheryl in NC said...

what I don't get is why bid d bet on brit instead of azha in the first place

Glenn Allen said...

I am sorry Petals about the Scam and Penny I hope you get your AC fixed

monty924 said...

Azah would have been my pick of the two also. Britini isn't as good at mental comps

Jackie S. said...

Cheryl - I think he thought her most vulnerable to end up on the block and probably more likely to win a comp than Azah.

monty924 said...

Hey Glenn

tbc said...

Oh, Petals, I missed the scam story. I ran out and bought an extra bottle of Pinot Grigio. Here you go!!

Petals said...

Brit is gonna be the BUTT of the JOKErs. hehe

Petals said...

aww, thanks Teeb. I'll mainline it... haha

monty924 said...

Kyland, you were sooooo obvious.

Glenn Allen said...

That was an obvious throw

Petals said...

I think Britini will be more hurt by the betrayal from the Jokers than anything else.

monty924 said...

A Quiet Place Part II was better than the original

Jackie S. said...

Yes, Monty -- I agree.

Cheryl in NC said...

Hey Glenn

Petals said...

I haven't watched it yet. I hate that all the new releases are not exclusively at theaters. I love the movie-going experience, especially at Oscar time. I hope they survive this.

Petals said...

Funny thing is that Kyland became more of a jackass without the costume! Osmosis?

Petals said...

SB (BS) has a huge sense of entitlement. I am way over her.

Jackie S. said...

Petals - Heh, I'm the opposite. I don't care for movie theaters (and they're too peoply for me these days), prefer to watch at home and am not into Oscars at all.

monty924 said...

Petals, the first A Quiet Place was so strange in the theater, lol. Everyone digging in their buckets of popcorn was amplified... strangest experience ever. I loved getting to watch Part II at home :)))

Joe in NY said...

I don't understand:
1. Why Kyland's makes the 1st agreement with Britni?
2. Why he has SB tell her before the veto?

monty924 said...

Second week in a row...

Joe in NY said...

Not a fan of her trash talk.

Petals said...

We watched the first Quiet Place at home ... during Covid, I think

Jackie - I love reserving my reclining seat, getting my tub of popcorn and immersing myself in the experience. With reserved since 2008, it is my new Happy Place. No kids, no babies, no one too close to me.

Petals said...

thanks Joe! Right? She really is a nasty mean girl.

monty924 said...

Well, we'll just have to wait for tomorrow... ugh

Thanks Jackie. See you all in the comments and try to stay as cool as possible, Penny

Petals said...

*reserved SEATING (a must-have for me)

Jackie S. said...

Joe - he was a bit non-committal about the "deal." And he didn't want to just blindside her during the meeting because she is unpredictable. BB guidelines might have kept him from going to her himself. Or he was chicken. I don't know.

Cheryl in NC said...

Goognight all.Thanks Jackie as always

Jackie S. said...

Petals - To me, home is so much better ... and cheaper!

Petals said...

I think SB prolly volunteered to do it...she seems like the type, IMO


Thank you Jackie!
See you all tomorrow, I will re-stock the bar. hehe

Jackie S. said...

Thanks for coming by!

Jessica Underwood James said...

Sorry I was way late

Petals said...

Jackie - kerfuffle alert around 1-2am between Tiffany & Big D. He cried himself to sleep.