Wednesday, January 12, 2022

The Amazing Race 33: January 12 Episode Blog Party

 


Are you ready? Hey, you got an extra hour to prepare as the schedule changed to 9PM ET/PT! 

I'm a free agent blog pool-wise since my team was Philiminated last week. Right now I'm not sure who I want to cheer on. I'm not all that thrilled with the twins. They don't seem to be faring too well and I still cringe at Lulu and Lala or whatever they call themselves! This week, according to the promo from last week, will have Phil bearing the Covid race shutdown news. Thankfully WE don't have to wait as we already waited it out!

I will update this entry with the major events as they air here on the East Coast. Refresh the page to get the latest news. As always, the real party is in the comments area -- please feel free to join in on the fun!

Lifeguard SueGee has updated the blog pool and here's where we stand going into tonight's episode:

Kim & Penn - chrob61, Donna in AL
Akbar & Sheridan - Indiana Jane, Nickelpeed
Raquel & Cayla - Brenda, Skyriverblue
Lulu & Lala - Debbie, Judi Sweeney
Dusty & Ryan - Mike Barer, Willie J
Taylor & Isaiah - Jennifer, Krysta
Arun & Natalia - Glenn Allen, Jennasmom
Caro & Ray - Marlo L
Connie & Sam - SueGee, PDX Granny 
Spencer & Anthony - Sharon N

Philiminated
Mike & Moe 

Are you READY? Let's GO!

We're starting off with a recap of last week. Ho-hum.

The teams will be traveling by train to Glasgow, Scotland for their next clue. The clue they got in London says their Scotland clue will be in the windshield. So they will be driving once they get there? I don't know.

They must drive across the city of Glasgow for the next clue. Manual transmission. Why do these people not really learn how to drive a stick? At least Ray had practiced although he's not doing well with it.

Kim and Penn get to the Roadblock first. Who has it in the bag? Must assemble a bagpiper then play a really long note. WHOA! Kim rocked at it and they remain in the lead! The teams that made it to the Roadblock so far all did well -- Kim/Penn, Anthony/Spencer and Dusty/Ryan. The other teams are having problems getting to the Roadblock.

Ray and Caro are having severe problems both with the drive and with their relationship.

At Alexandra Park, the McFarland/Sanderson fountain is the clue for the Detour. Teams have to must get in Highland costume and put on a performance or do a barrel-making task.

Natalia and Arun have some bad luck. First, Natalia gave two other teams help and those teams passed them. Second, they missed a turn and have to get back to it.

Kim/Penn are in first heading to the Pitstop at the Cloisters at the University of Glasgow. The clue says "will" be eliminated.

Pitstop:

1. Kim/Penn - won trip to Cape Cod 
2. Ryan/Dusty
3. Spencer/Anthony
4. Connie and Sam
5. Caro and Ray
6. Raquel and Cayla
7. Lulu and Lala
8. Taylor and Isaiah

Akbar/Sheri finished the song but are now lost finding the University. Arun/Natalia did horrible on the song, finishing last but might not be out of it.

9. Akbar and Sheri
10. Arun and Natalia -- Philiminated. 

Sigh. I liked them. The father/daughter duo may not have been the best racers, but they are a great father/daughter.

Phil calls them all back on Feb. 28, 2019. The virus. The race is suspended. 19 months later, it re-starts. I don't see Ray/Caro. Hmm. Hopefully the preview for next week shows more. I saw Akbar/Sheri, Kim/Penn, Raquel/Cayla ... but it's hard to look at the computer monitor, type and look at the television screen all at the same time!

Huh. Some "familiar faces" are taking the place of the missing teams? Then they show us their feet running!

Spoilers about not returning teams after the jump:
I searched the internet and found this information:

Speculated on via photo of the restart -- four teams don't return, but two previously Philiminated do:


Lineup in order left to right:

Sheri & Akbar

Penn & Kim

Lulu & Lala

Cayla & Raquel

Dusty & Ryan

Natalia & Arun

Moe & Michael

Confirmed did not return:

Taylor & Isaiah

Anthony & Spencer

Caro & Ray

Sam & Connie



Caro and Ray broke up back in the Summer of 2020 Sam and Connie have introduced the birth of their new boy back in December of 2021 in which it correlates to the refilming of this season

Image


34 comments:

Joe in NY said...

Hi folks

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jackie and Joe and Everyone

Jackie S. said...

Hey ... not sure how many knew about the time change for tonight. It might be very quiet!

Glenn Allen said...

I was wondering why hardly anyone here.

Jackie S. said...

I didn't realize until just about 8PM myself and looked it up.

Jackie S. said...

I posted notices about the time change on Facebook.

Glenn Allen said...

Wow Natalia helping out hopefully the favor gets returned

jennifer said...

Hi all…. Late tonight!!

Glenn Allen said...

Jackie I only Knew it close to 8 when saw it on the Guide.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jennifer

jennifer said...

Hello! My poor granddaughter has croup, had to get her to sleep….

jennifer said...

I am getting caught up and saw the first break for applying to go on the Amazing Race… I told my son in law that we should go, and he laughed at me… the nerve, lol

Glenn Allen said...

Kim and Penn doing well. I hope Arun and Natalia do well

Glenn Allen said...

Jennifer Praying she feels better. Aron and Natalia changing theirmind

Jackie S. said...

I wonder if it might be the Newark school principal and his wife as one team not returning after the Covid delay. They aren't doing all that great and due to their jobs they might have to stay in the US.

So far, my favorites are Kim/Penn and Natalia/Arun.

jennifer said...

I too like Kim /penn and Natalia / Arun… that is a bummer if the Newark couple had to stop!! Stupid Covid!

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jackie. Thank you for giving us this blog. It's appreciated.

Hi Joe, Glenn and jennifer.

I guess better late than never. My internet decided to regurgitate itself. UGH!

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Penny!I am glad you made it.

Nickelpeed said...

I'm hoping Akbar and Sheri get it together. My husband said that Akbar is so depressing. They're my pool pick, so they really need to get moving.

jennifer said...

Thank you🤗

Nickelpeed said...

Jennifer, I hope your granddaughter feels better.

jennifer said...

Thank you! Her mom and dad had Covid last week, she so not get it, just croup… that cough is awful!

Jackie S. said...

Penny - Akbar is the exact opposite of that in his school at Newark. He has made a huge change in one of the roughest schools ever -- helping the really troubled kids, the homeless ones, the ones who would otherwise get in with gangs, the ones with missing parents, etc.

Glenn Allen said...

YW Jennifer. If my team Arun and Natalia get eliminated pulling for Kim and Penn. They are located in Raleigh NC near my City of Wilmington NC

jennifer said...

They seem like just a fun couple!

Nickelpeed said...

This is sad. I liked them.

jennifer said...

I will say my goodnights and thank you (Jackie) now… still getting caught up, have a wonderful week everyone!!

Glenn Allen said...

Wow 19 Months Later.

Nickelpeed said...

Thank you Jackie. See everyone next week. 9 p.m?

Jackie S. said...

I think it will be. I know when CelebBB comes in February that is scheduled for 8pm

Jackie S. said...

Thank you for coming by!

Glenn Allen said...

Thanks Jackie and Penny!

Jackie S. said...

I put in a spoilers jump and tell y'all the two teams who don't return.

Judi Sweeney said...

Thanks Jackie!!!