Wednesday, January 05, 2022

The Amazing Race 33: Season Premiere Blog Party


Good evening! I hope you're ready for two hours of whirlwind world travel! I am. I have a few adult beverages and plenty of snacks on hand. I will be doing my best to update this blog with the major events as they air on the show here on the East Coast. I say "doing my best" as it takes a few weeks to get used to what team is whom. Or, within a team, which one is whom if they're same sex!

Before we get into the show, let's talk blog pool. Because there was a low turnout, we did add in some stragglers who climbed the fence after the cut-off time. Now, I can't guarantee that we will always do that. PLEASE, when you know I cover a show you watch, check in on the blog in the days leading up to the season premiere! Another pool-related thing -- as we know that Covid caused a break in filming this season and two teams were unable to return once it picked up again, anyone having either of those teams will be reassigned. Unlike some previous seasons, the first Philiminated will be out of the pool but, of course, welcome to hang out on the pool deck in the lawn chairs.

Without further ado, here are the random pool picks compliments from our beloved Lifeguard SueGee:

Kim & Penn - chrob61, Donna in AL
Akbar & Sheridan - Indiana Jane, Nickelpeed
Mike & Moe - Michelle C, Jackie
Raquel & Cayla - Brenda, Skyriverblue
Lulu & Lala - Debbie, Judi Sweeney
Dusty & Ryan - Mike Barer, Willie J
Taylor & Isaiah - Jennifer, Krysta
Arun & Natalia - Glenn Allen, Jennasmom
Caro & Ray - Marlo L
Connie & Sam - SueGee, PDX Granny 
Spencer & Anthony - Sharon N 

Are you READY? Let's GO!

Phil tells us they had to suspend the filming at the end of the third leg due to Covid. But then they picked it up again.

We see new people packing and Phil tells them their first clue is in London. The teams leave from their homes to the nearest airports. Penn and Kim try to sing the theme song. Yes, it does sound like "oatmeal."

Now we're getting team introductions -- I covered the same or similar intros on earlier posts in the blog.

Teams must head to Trafalgar Square and search for a red box phone booth walking around. Each box has only a few clues. They have to go on foot to Buckingham Palace. There they will find their next clue next to Canada Gate.

Raquel and Cayla make it first to the Detour clue. They have to post a piece of original street artwork. Or ... they have to find a bobby by Big Ben, Little Ben (?) and lastly DigiBen. We break for commercial with Connie and Sam in last place, still a bit lost looking for the red box clue. So far, I'm finding all the teams likable.

Heh. The flight attendants don't know what a "bobby" is. I might be misspelling it. It could be Bobbie. But I know it's a cop. Ah, it is bobby. 

Some teams are working together but it seems more of a matter of on the spur of the moment rather than any strong bonding at this point. Akbar and Sheridan are dragging. Apparently, she rests too much according to him. Oh my, I'm not pleased with how critical he's being to her.

Spencer and Anthony are now in the lead followed closely by Dusty and Ryan.

From Digiben, their next clue has to do with Boris Johnson having a gnosh with the Queen. (Obviously imposters!) From there they have to head to London's Natural History Museum for the pitstop. Phil says the last team "will" be eliminated.

Pit Stop

1. Anthony and Spencer - won a trip to Turks and Calcos
2. Ryan and Dusty
3. Raquel and Cayla
4. Kim and Penn
5. Caro and Ray
6. Akbar and Sheri
7. Connie and Sam
8. Taylor and Isiaih
9. Arun and Natalia
10. Lulu and Lala
11. Mike and Moe - Philiminated.

Oh noes! They were my blog pool team! Plus, I wanted them to do well.

Teams are remaining in London, albeit this leg is in the daylight. They are heading to Royal Mail in West London (?) for the next clue. Clarkwell? Teams are having problems catching taxis.

Mail Rail is snail mail and it's a Roadblock. The teams must ride the rail to the loading dock then search mail for the "perfect envelope." It's an Amazing Race envelope. Ryan found it first. He and Dusty are the first ones through with the Roadblock. Raquel and Cayla next. Heh. Penn and Ray don't trust Anthony that they had the correct clue. He goes on and they continue searching. They waste a half-hour before deciding the clue was the clue.

Lester *misspelled!* Leicester or something like that Square Detour. Dart players. Club Victoria -- hit a specific target. Each team member throws three darts, if both hit a bullseye, clue. The other part is decorating a cake depicting a flag with fruit toppings. It must be a flag from the EU. Cayla and Raquel forget that England dropped out of the European Union. Anthony and Spencer know but don't tell them.

Dusty and Ryan finish the dart Detour and are heading to the Pitstop on a double-decker bus.

Pitstop

1. Dusty and Ryan - won nothing? Hmm
2. Connie and Sam
3. Arun and Natalia
4. Cayla and Raquel
5. Anthony and Spencer ?
6. Kim and Penn
7. Caro and Ray
8. Akbar and Sheri
9. Taylor and Isaiah
10. Lulu and Lala - non-Philimination

I might have the order a bit off as I somehow missed Anthony and Spencer arriving.

Teams are heading to Scotland.



65 comments:

SueGee said...

Howdy everyone!! Is everyone ready to race tonight??

Squeegee

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jackie and Everyone

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Suegee

SueGee said...

And yes, I did find one person that got missed in the pool - it will be corrected soon!

SueGee said...

Hi Glenn!

Glenn Allen said...

I have Arun and Natalie A Father Daughter Team

Marlo L said...

So excited its back!!!

Joe in NY said...

So they had a lull between episode 3 & 4? I'd like details on how that worked.

jennifer said...

Hello, and happy new year everyone!!!

SueGee said...

I will be in and out of here tonight - Warrior are on and TAR isn't on here for almost 3 more hours!!

SueGee said...

**Warriors

jennifer said...

I’m in and out for the beginning, waiting on a little to go to bed, lol

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Marlo and Joe and Jennifer

Nickelpeed said...

I'm here, I'm here! LOL. Thank you so much, Jackie. Really appreciate this.

I am so excited for this season. There are some great people on it this year.

Hi Glenn, SueGee, Marlo, Joe, and jennifer

Marlo L said...

Hey Glenn Happy New Years Everyone

Marlo L said...

Hey Nickel

Jackie S. said...

I just updated the pool with that missing person

Joe in NY said...


A bobby pin????

SueGee said...

Hi Penny!!

Thanks Jackie!!

Nickelpeed said...

How can anyone not know what a Bobby is???

Joe in NY said...

How many of these teams are internet or social media "stars"?

SueGee said...

Joe - IMHO Too many are LOL

Nickelpeed said...

The two people who make the video, are so funny. They have some great videos out there.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Penny and Marlo. Happy New Year Everyone

Marlo L said...

I know Nickel I love them

Nickelpeed said...

Uh oh, trouble in the neighborhood

Jackie S. said...

Singing -- Bobbies on bicycles two by two. Westminster Abbey, home of Big Ben. Winchester Cathedral, you're letting me down. (That's when I first learned what a bobby in England was.)

Jackie S. said...

Joe - Look at my cast posts. I go into it.

Nickelpeed said...

If Akbar and Sheridan and Connie and Sam do not get their act together, they're going to be really in trouble.

Joe in NY said...

ok. Thanks, Jackie

Nickelpeed said...

I love Roger Miller. That's how I learned about Big Ben, Bobbies, Westminster Abbey. Those who have never heard of Roger Miller, need to look him up. LOL

SueGee said...

England swings like a pendulum do
Bobbies on bicycles, two by two
Westminster Abbey, the tower of Big Ben
The rosy-red cheeks of the little children…

Nickelpeed said...

Love it SueGee!!

Joe in NY said...

I think if I were English I might not like the way they are using various English landmarks and personalities.

Jackie S. said...

I want to say the song was circa maybe 1965 or so. I actually did learn some things about England from it!

Nickelpeed said...

Okay, how can people be so out of it to not know who some of England's political figures are?

Jackie S. said...

Penny - And he's a high school principal! Of course, I would have said blond with always messy hair for Boris.

Nickelpeed said...

Joe, they basically ignore Americans. They consider them loud and basically, ignorant.

Joe in NY said...

I don't care what "they" think of Americans. They are right if this is the lack of respect the Americans are showing the English.

Nickelpeed said...

I don't want Mike and Moe to be last. I like these guys.

Nickelpeed said...

Dang it.

Glenn Allen said...

I wonder if any teams that were eliminated were asked if they wanted to come back

jennifer said...

So sad to be the first team out, I liked them!

Jackie S. said...

Glenn - I doubt that would be allowed. After all, they were eliminated.

SueGee said...

Can't remember you being out first before Jackie

Glenn Allen said...

Wow First Road Block is finding a Clue in Mail

Nickelpeed said...

I am trying to post, but every time I refresh, they're gone. Do you have any idea why, Jackie?

Glenn Allen said...

Very True Jackie.

Joe in NY said...

Those guys would have to be idiots. Talk about over-thinking...

Nickelpeed said...

I can't believe they didn't trust him. They are looking for an Amazing Race clue. They found it. Geesh.

Joe in NY said...

And it looked like every other Amazing Race Clue over the last 20 years. LOL

Jackie S. said...

I'm seeing your comments, Penny.

Glenn Allen said...

Why not leave with everyone else. Either everyone is Right or Wrong together

Jackie S. said...

Sue - I can't remember me ever winning my own blog pools! But, yeah. I think this is first for first out.

jennifer said...

I have had that happen before, it’s so weird!

Jackie S. said...

I was thinking Mike and Moe might be one of the non-returning teams after the Covid break due to the police jobs.

Nickelpeed said...

Thanks Jackie. It only happens when I refresh.

jennifer said...

Have to head out! Good night all and thank you Jackie 🤗

SueGee said...

Night Jennifer

Glenn Allen said...

This is a hard challenge so far

Nickelpeed said...

If these guys are last, I'll scream. Come on Spencer and Anthony

Marlo L said...

Yeahhhhh

Glenn Allen said...

I am Glad my team still in it. It was a interesting Primiere.

Jackie S. said...

Thank you for coming!

Judi Sweeney said...

Got a late start…. Had lumpectomy surgery today. But I’m clear headed and ready to enjoy The Amazing Race! Thanks Jackie… off to another great start!