Wednesday, January 05, 2022

The Amazing Race 33: Meet the Teams Part 3

 


Going into this I didn't realize how many of the teams already had their 15 minutes of fame. We carry on ...

AKBAR AND SHERIDAN

First off ... shout out to more New Jersey in da house! Now, this couple live in very suburban Martinsville, near my old workplace. I didn't connect. Oh, d'oh! He's that school principal in a really bad part of Newark who was in all the papers a while ago. He's done some amazing things there and is such an advocate for the children! I hope he and his wife can indeed be amazing on the race!


Like the singing cops, he was on Ellen ...


This article is well worth the read.

************************************

ANTHONY AND SPENCER

I searched all over and could not find the official TAR cast introduction video for this team. What that means, I do not know. However, I found a lot of other things about them. They too had their 15 minutes and heroic ones at that. I recall reading and hearing about the terrorist shooting on a train in Paris thwarted by a few heroes. There was even a movie made about the incident. Well, guess who?

They are shown in this overall cast video --


And, guess what? They were on Ellen also!


***************************************

CONNIE AND SAM

I suppose I should do a thorough search just to make sure they haven't made previous national news, eh? Oh, geez. First YouTube search comes up with a video with this caption --  "Four years ago, Sam Greiner made national news when he led Harding to its first state title in 53 years. Now he goes back as the head coach at rival West Charlotte." Okay. Now, this is one I wouldn't know at all because I don't follow football at all.


*********************************************

RAQUEL AND CAYLA

Now, don't tell me two flight attendants have made national news. I guess I better go look! While there are other people with their names, they aren't them. Phew! Normal kind of people! 


Don't forget! Tonight's TWO-HOUR season premiere begins at 8PM ET/PT. The blog pool listing will be included in the blog party post. I hope to see you there!     

1 comment:

Judi Sweeney said...

Thank you Jackie