Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Survivor 43: Episode 2 Blog Party - Sept. 28

 


Good evening, Survivor fans! I hope everyone is doing well and my thoughts and concern go out to those enduring the hurricane in Florida. May you all be safe.

Tonight's episode is a first -- an extended second episode. Last week's season premiere was two hours; this week we have an hour and a half. Bizarre, I say! The Amazing Race follows this show tonight and a separate blog entry will be up for that. I will be live blogging the major events as the show airs here on the East Coast. Refresh the page to get the latest news!

The Esteemed Lifeguard SueGee has put together the blog pool -- check it out to find your castaway!

Vesi Tribe (Red)
Cody       Cheryl in NC, ChicMc
Justine    Sharon C, Andi
Nneka     Sharon N, Bizaro22
Noelle     MikesGirl, Tammy
Jesse       AprilW, Donna in AL
Dwight    Petals, Skyriverblue,

Coco Tribe (Blue)
Lindsay     David, Marthalight, 
Cassidy     Cherrypie, Kelsey NY, 
Geo        Jasonuwp, Dr Celine
Karla       Glenn Allen, monty924
James     DonnaNY, Krysta Gibson
Ryan       John Cantrell, Jackie

Baka Tribe (Yellow)
Gabler     Donna in FL, Joanne Victoria
Owen    Mike Barer, SueGee
Sami      Brenda, Indiana Jane
Elie         Nickelpeed, Nora M
Jeanine     Laura, Auntie Leigh

Voted Out
Morriah - Her torch was snuffed without being assigned. 

Survivor fans ready? I have to check my blog pool pick Ryan out. Is he a cutie-patootie?

Baka returns from Tribal. Owen thanks them for keeping him. It worries him that there was a vote for him already in the game. Gabler wants them to take better care of their bodies. 

It was a dark and stormy night. And there were bats hanging from the trees.

Sami on Baka says it was the scariest night he ever had. They were not prepared for the storm that came through overnight. Owen is worried that Gabler, a big guy, is running out of steam. Uh-oh, could Gabler be their next target? Gabler knows that the more he loafs around the bigger liability he becomes. 

On Vesi, it seems that Dwight and Jesse are creating a bond. Dwight tells us he's always been able to get along with people. He thinks he has built bonds with everyone except Cody -- remember, Cody is the one I called a snake oil salesman last week. Jesse thinks Cody is fun. Um, okay.

Jesse is having a hard time bonding with Justine. Hmm ... she worries about her nails being disgusting. I think I would have a rough time adjusting to her on an island as well!

On Coco they are exercising. There is a three girl girls' alliance. They plan on bringing in Ryan. (I guess it won't be girls then.) I found out which one is my blog pick, Ryan. I like him. Good. He's getting along with Geo and we are getting Geo's sad backstory about his family not accepting his being gay. 

On Vesi, Cody is asking Noelle all kinds of questions about her prosthetic leg. We get Cody's backstory which mainly consists of the death of a childhood friend when he was young. He credits that loss with his risk-taking of today.

On Baka, Owen says his friends describe him as a lovable curmudgeon. He's working to keep the curmudgeon aspect on the down low. He gets water while others are looking for a hidden idol. Jeanine and Eli are thinking of bringing in either Sami or Owen into their small alliance. Owen is considered the higher maintenance. It's looking like there will probably be a gender split in alliances -- the guys are suspicious of the women.

Day 5. Oh, a challenge on land and water! Immunity Challenge. Dive into ocean, swim to and get up over cage, retrieve giant snake, drag snake through obstacles, untie snake to retrieve number tiles, combination lock, massive puzzle. Reward gets fishing equipment, second prize smaller fishing kit. Again, the flint will be taken away from the losing tribe. Noelle and Karla sit out.

BAKA wins first Immunity! Coco wins second Immunity! Vesi has to go to Tribal and lose a member.

Noelle, though she sat out, thinks Nneka is the weak link and needs to go. I would guess that Noelle sat out due to the water and her prosthetic leg. Will she have to sit out every ocean challenge? I don't think so.

On Vesi - Cody calls having to cut someone from the tribe heartbreaking. Cody thinks Nneka did poorly but she's an ally of his. He doesn't want her to go. Noelle said she could have done the challenge. Nneka thinks people aren't making eye contact and she is worried that it could be her going out tonight. She hopes Jesse and Cody will be able to help save her.

After losing last week, Baka is thrilled with their win. Now we get Elie's background story. She has dyslexia, a common condition which is often mistaken for mentally weak. She is beside herself at how great she did with the puzzle. Gabler has spear fishing experience but has never used a Hawaiian sling.

Others on Baka are wondering if Gabler's idol has expired. They hope it does. Hmm. Eep ... Jeanine looks through Gabler's bag for the clue that came with the idol. He is safe for THEIR next two Tribal Councils, not just Tribals in general.

On Vesi, Justine thinks they could get Cody out. She thinks she has Jesse in her corner. However, Jesse tells us that she can't be trusted and should be voted out. But he wants to get on the same page as Dwight. He tells Dwight that Justine told him she's really good at lying. He doesn't think Dwight is too receptive to voting out Justine. But Dwight doesn't have a vote due to last week. 

Cody goes off looking for an idol. He finds an advantage! Immunity Idol Bracelet. Must persuade others to give a special bead from their bags at Tribal Council. Cody and Dwight have no votes tonight.

Cody is trying to convince people to give him the beads -- it's the only way he can vote. He tells them he's trying to make a hat for Tribal. Everyone is giving him them! Dwight was reluctant but didn't. Noelle has made bracelets with hers. Will he get one from her? They're off to Tribal and we're onto a commercial.

Tribal Council time. As you know, fire represents your life. Jeff asks about whether Cody weaved the palm fronds in his hat. Cody mentions the beads in the hat. Answering a question, Cody hints that Justine is in trouble. There seem to be three pairs. Dwight talks about how he lost his vote last week. Now Jeff is talking trust on the island and why people tell others things. Tribe strength or alliance? What is more important?

Time to vote. Noelle votes Nneka, no surprise there.

After commercials ... to the tally. Cody has his vote.

Justine, Nneka, Cody, Justine, Justine. Goodbye, Justine!

58 comments:

SueGee said...

I'm waiting for the Chinese food to be delivered...get your plates and utensils ready!!!

SueGee

monty924 said...

Ohhh, I'm ready SueGee!!

Hi Jackie and all who arrive later

monty924 said...

Really praying for all of our friends in Ian's path. My sister lives on the East coast so she won't get the dirty side until around midnight. My brother rents a house on North Captiva every summer and I hear it was devastated. There are only about 6-9 houses on the entire island and it's totally off the grid and beautiful. Such a sad thing...

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jackie and Sue Gee and Monty. Everyone stay safe.Karla is myPool Person.

monty924 said...

Made eye contact with a spider, LOL

Glenn Allen said...

I amwatching the Hurricanes Path in Wilmington. NC.

monty924 said...

Hey Glenn... I have Karla too! We're pool buddies this season ❤️

Glenn Allen said...

Praying for your brother Monty!

Glenn Allen said...

Very Cool Monty Pool buddies this season.

Jackie S. said...

I have young cousins (adult children of first cousins) living outside of Tampa. Sigh.

monty924 said...

Okay, now I know who Karla is.

Glenn Allen said...

Praying for their safety Jackie.

SueGee said...

Food is here - dig in!!

monty924 said...

Thanks, Glenn. HE isn't there now, but has a house rented for July. Praying it is still there when this all settles. I don't think the news he got today was very good on that.

monty924 said...

Yummy SueGee... my favorite is shrimp lo mein, and then beef and broccoli. I could live of those two things, LOL

Glenn Allen said...

I was wondering the same thing about who was Karla!

Joe in NY said...

Hi, folks.

Stay well in Florida

SueGee said...

Jackie - I think the long shows are to insure they are completed by Christmas.

SueGee

monty924 said...

Hi Joe

Jackie S. said...

SueGee - It does seem that the fall season of shows begins later each year. Remember when it used to start around Labor Day?

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Joe!

Glenn Allen said...

MontyI think it was smart Karla set this Challenge out.

monty924 said...

Yes, Glenn

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jackie. Thank you so much for everything you do!

Hi SueGee, Monty, Glenn, and Joe.

I closed my eyes for a second and feel asleep. I woke up to the word stake. I looked up to see this huge snake they're all lugging around. LOL.

SueGee said...

Jackie, I agree! The new shows always started around school starting where I was from. Now they actually start in October and they advertise two seasons!

monty924 said...

Speaking of new shows, Season 5 of The Crown starts in November!

Nickelpeed said...

That snake looks heavy. I hope Boca does better than last week.

monty924 said...

That sucks that they lose their flint

SueGee said...

There was a school shooting in Oakland today (6 people, all over 18) and the hurricane - so our news is one or the other tonight!

SueGee said...

We sure could use some of that rain - but just a little at a time please!

Nickelpeed said...

I hope he doesn't lose the spear.

tbc said...

I thought he was wearing something covering his shoulders

tbc said...

Oh, Monty, thanks! I can’t wait for the Crown

Nickelpeed said...

LOL. Want to write that name down right.

SueGee said...

I don't like people sneaking around in other's belongings!!

Nickelpeed said...

They never read the word BEWARE.

monty924 said...

Same here, tbc. As soon as Season 4 was over I wanted more, lol

monty924 said...

Hey Penny

Nickelpeed said...

Hi tbc.

Nickelpeed said...

Now, that was cool graphics

Glenn Allen said...

I had to reboot the computer

monty924 said...

I always love the Tribal sets

Nickelpeed said...

Jeff is so sly.

Nickelpeed said...

LOL

Nickelpeed said...

How did he lose his vote?

Nickelpeed said...

I must have slept through last week's taking them to the island. My husband just explained it to me. He said, "that's scary when I know more about it than you!!" LOL

Jackie S. said...

I guess your question was about Dwight. Thank your husband for answering.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Penny!

Nickelpeed said...

Yes, it was, Jackie. I don't remember it. When my husband said he lost t on the island, I said, "What Island?" So, I missed it somehow. He doesn't have a choice but to watch the show. It's the one show I won't miss for something else. I don't schedule myself to work or anything. So, he probably does remember more than me. LOL.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi TBC!

Nickelpeed said...

Now the others know there's a strong alliance. They just voted off a strong member.

monty924 said...

I'll see you all over on the TAR post. Not sure how long I can hang out tonight.

Nickelpeed said...

Sending prayers to all the people in line of Ian. The school shooting is horrible. When's it going to end. Prayers never seem enough.

Nickelpeed said...

See you all over at TAR.

Thank you Jackie. Double blogging. Thank God you don't have that far to go!

Jackie S. said...

The TAR post is up!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the play by play. Just now catching up on Survivor. Was in the path of the hurricane and the show didn’t air. Your posts are always appreciated.

Leigh said...

Oh great…just finding out my pool person is/was Janine. I didn’t blame them for voting her out.

John C said...

My wife, Sharon C says why does my pool pick always seem to go first. Lol