Wednesday, September 28, 2022

The Amazing Race 34: Patience, Is the New Me Episode Blog Party - Sept. 28

 


Hopefully I will be even better at the names of the teams tonight. Oh, but probably not for a few more weeks! I promise I will get the names down by the time the series comes to an end. How's that?
 

I will be live blogging the major events as the show airs here on the East Coast. Refresh the page to get the latest news! Of course, the real party is in the comments area -- I hope to see you there!

The Wonderful Lifeguard SueGee has filled the blog pool with those who dared get their toes wet. Who's your team?

Abby & Will -- Jasonuwp, Krysta Gibson, Marthalight
Aubrey & David -- Donna in FL, Dr Celine, Skyriverblue
Derek & Claire -- Beachbound Gmom, ChicMc, Donna NY
Emily & Molly -- Joanne Victoria, Judi Sweeney, Sharon N
Glenda & Lumumba -- Glenn Allen, Indiana Jane, Petals
Luis & Michelle -- Andi, Mikes Girl, RJMnSC
Linton & Sharik -- Cheryl in NC, Jackie, Willie J
Marcus & Michael -- Brenda, Chrob61, Nickelpeed
Quinton & Mattie -- Donna in Alabama, monty924, Sharon C
Tim & Rex -- Bizaro22, Cherry Pie, Margo & her Mom
Rich & Dom -- David, Kelsey NY, Nora M, Sue

PHILIMINATED
Aastha & Nina - No one was assigned to this first gone team. I'm glad I won't have to misspell the one's name all season!

Now, I should have posted this before -- but here is a cheat sheet with the photos of the teams.

Race fans ready? Let's GO!

We get a recap and watch Derek and Claire win the 1st leg again.

They will leave according to arrival times. They will depart in three groups. They will drive to Innsbruck, Austria. The teams enlist locals and tourists for directions. Of course, if they have to fly anywhere, it has to bunch them up as they are still using the private plane.

They have to go to Brund Nalder Huff (sp?) for the next clue. The second group is leaving - T-Rex and Marcus/Michael.  The twins and Jamaican father/daughter are on their way. Now the last group is on the way. 

Rex decides the new him is patient. 

Munich, Germany. Uh-oh -- Quinton and Mattie are there. They need to be in Austria! They were on the right street in the wrong city. In the wrong country!

Derek and Claire make it to the first Roadblock. Who wants to call in the cows? Yodeling to call in the cows. They are accompanied by locals and an accordion. Claire does it. Three different yodels and hand motions. I could never do this! They have to wear the wardrobe for the rest of the leg.

Several teams at the back of the pack are having directions and/or traffic woes. This Roadblock is not easy at all. No one has made it through it yet. They are all having problems with the first yodel.

Marcus and Michael are the first through the yodeling. Glenda sailed through it and now she and Lumumba are in second place. Linton and Sharik are next to finish calling in the cows. Claire is so bad at this! The twins are through next.

Detour - Michael and Marcus arrive. Bells Ringin' - seven notes on bells to play tune. Partners Swingin' - learn wedding dance.

Abby and Will move on from yodeling. Poor Claire. T-Rex is through. Poor Claire. Rich and Dom through. Poor Claire. Luis and Michelle through. Aubrey and David through. Poor Claire. FINALLY! Claire gets through the yodeling!

The teams dancing and ringing bells have their own difficulties. Finally, the brothers get through ringing the bells. They are the first team heading off to the Pit Stop. Lumumba and Glenda get through the dancing and are off to the Pit Stop, too.

Claire and Derek get through the bells on the first try.

Pit Stop order:

1. Marcus and Michael - win Expedia reward points five nights for two to Lima, Peru.
2. Glenda and Lumumba
3. Linton and Sharik
4. Derek and Claire
5. Luis and Michelle
6. Abby and Will
7. Emily and Molly
8. Rich and Dom -- missing hat, need it for check in!
8. Aubrey and David
9. Rich and Dom
10. Quinton and Mattie
11. Tim and Rex -- Philiminated.

40 comments:

monty924 said...

I need to figure out who Quinton and Mattie are, lol. Off to Jackie's cheat sheet...

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jackie! Thank you, again!!

Hi Monty!!

Glenn Allen said...

Hi again Jackie and Monte. I have Glenda.

Joe in NY said...

I don't know who anyone is...

Jackie S. said...

Joe - Go to the cheat sheet linked in the blog post.

Jackie S. said...

I know that Quinton and Mattie are the NFL Cheerleaders. He's the tall blond Black guy!

monty924 said...

Yes, I have NFL cheer team :)))

Jackie S. said...

I have Linton and Sharik - the Jamaican father and daughter. I keep misspelling her name as Shark.

monty924 said...

I wish both of these shows weren't on the same night

Nickelpeed said...

Yeah, Joe. They are hard to remember at first.

I have Michael and Marcus. They're the military guys, so it's easy for me to remember. I hope I can figure out all the names by the final episode. LOL

monty924 said...

Reading a map is a lost skill. My dad traveled by the Rand McNally Road Atlas everywhere he went. People are too reliant on GPS now.

Nickelpeed said...

I know, right, monty? It just keeps me from doing things I really need to do. It helps me procrastinate.

Nickelpeed said...

I thought they all knew that?

monty924 said...

Oh, brother. Not good for my team @@

SueGee said...

This is too much for one night!! Last week I DVR'd TAR and watched it later.

monty924 said...

SueGee, I'll be doing that too. I'm going to bed at 10:00 so I'll have to watch the last hour tomorrow. ugh

Nickelpeed said...

Not something I can do well, or at all!

Nickelpeed said...

Call in the cows. LOL

Glenn Allen said...

Monty I learned Map reading at School and with my Dad traveling. I learned to use a Compass and a Military Map. I used it as a Army National Guard Medic in 1981 to 87.

Nickelpeed said...

My husband has great directional instinct. He can get us unlost in seconds. LOL. He also learned to use a map and compass in the Air Force.

Nickelpeed said...

I do not see the NFL coaches getting this right. LOL

Nickelpeed said...

They are so cute.

Nickelpeed said...

If you're going to follow someone, make sure they are going the right way. LOL.

Jackie S. said...

You guys think it's too much in one night! I'm thankful I have no desire to watch the New Love Boat thing next Wednesday. I think it's between Survivor and TAR.

Glenn Allen said...

So do they have to do 3 Yodels to Call The Cows?

Nickelpeed said...

Same here, Jackie.


I think many will be there for a loooooong time. Hopefully, my guys stay ahead.

monty924 said...

Time to hit the hay. Thanks Jackie for the blog parties tonight.

Everyone have a good rest of the week and weekend and will see you all next week.

Stay safe

Glenn Allen said...

Bye Monty.

Nickelpeed said...

Night Monty!

Nickelpeed said...

Some of these challenges are cool. Not the singing, though.

Well, you know the NFL guys are very, very happy.

Jackie S. said...

Glenn - Yes, all three. They do have the words on a sign in front of them but must have the pronunciation and movements right.

Nickelpeed said...

Oooops, this is not setting well with older brother.

Nickelpeed said...

They do not look enthusiastic about the trip. At least they are not eliminated.

Nickelpeed said...

Bummer

Glenn Allen said...

Wow She having to find the Missing Hat.

Nickelpeed said...

Ah, bye coaches.

Glenn Allen said...

I hate that Rex was eliminated.

Jackie S. said...

Aw, the best team name T-Rex is out. Thank you all for coming by!

Nickelpeed said...

Thank you so much, Jackie. You've been excellent.

See everyone next week.

Nickelpeed said...

I'm going to miss Rex. Oh well. :'(