Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Survivor 44: May 17 Episode Blog Party

 

Good evening!

I will be live-blogging the major events of the show as it airs here on the East Coast. Refresh the page to get the latest updates. As always, the real party is in the comments area. Please feel free to join in on the fun!

We're getting down to the wire here. I never thought at the start that I would be cheering on Carolyn. Or that Yam Yam would still be in it at this point. Or that four women and two men, not alpha males either, would be the final six. This has been the best season in years! I've heard Bruce (1st out due to medical head injury) is rumored to be on the cast next season. I would like to see him play. Good casting this season!

The blog pool has been updated by Wonderful Lifeguard SueGee and here's where we stand:

VA VA (MERGED TRIBE)

Heidi - John Cantrell, PDX Granny 
Jaime - Andi, monty924  
Carolyn - Krysta Gibson, Sydney 
Yam Yam - Sharon N, Glenn Allen
Lauren - David, KelseyNY 
Carson - Petals, Donna in FL

JURY
Matt
Brandon
Kane
Frannie
Danny

Survivor fans ready?

As per custom, we pick up with the castaways returning from Tribal. It's Night 21. As usual, we have a few unhappy campers. Carolyn, Carson and Yam Yam are happy, but ...! Yam Yam is worried that Carolyn is letting on how good a player she really is. 

Now Jaime is thinking Carolyn is a very calculated and good game player. Carson notices that Heidi is out looking for an idol in the middle of the night. He awakens Carolyn and they both search, too. Heidi does already have an idol no one knows about. If she can have two, it would be game changing for her!

Lauren is also now onto Carolyn's game. She thinks she's lovable, though. Lauren and Jaime are trying to talk Carson and Yam Yam to work with them against Carolyn. Hmm.

Day 22. Yam Yam has lost a lot of weight! It really shows in his face. Into a Reward Challenge. Two teams. Two blindfolded push one caller in a giant ball, table maze. Sanctuary is the reward. Foot massage, lunch, chocolate, cookies, fruits, juice and iced tea.

Carson calls, Yam Yam and Lauren orange in the lead.
Purple has Carolyn and Heidi pulling/pushing with Jaime inside.

ORANGE WINS! Carson, Lauren and Yam Yam!

At Sanctuary, Yam Yam is in heaven. It's his first time eating in 22 days other than camp fare. Yam Yam and Carson talk to Lauren about how they want Carolyn out next. Carson actually doesn't want that, but Yam Yam seems to be considering it.

Back at camp, Heidi and Jaime are talking to Carolyn about how loved Carson is and they want him out. Carolyn agrees but tells us she still needs Carson in the game. Heidi and Carolyn talk about taking out Lauren. Hmm.

Carolyn runs to Carson telling him his name is coming up. Carson thinks the ex-Tika can run the game. I hope they do stick together. Yam Yam is starting to worry me a bit. He seems to be seriously considering a Carolyn vote. I think, dependent on who wins Immunity, we are going to have another guessing game vote tonight.

Immunity Challenge time. Two ropes balancing a ball on a disk, they have to back up further at time intervals. Last ball up wins. The weather looks good, a little wind but not bad. Jaime out first. Carolyn out. Carson out. Yam Yam out. Uh-oh. It's down to Heidi and Lauren.

LAUREN WINS IMMUNITY! It's her second Immunity win.

Argh. Yam Yam is still for Carolyn going and he's telling us, so it's real. No one is really talking. Carolyn talks to Heidi about taking out Jaime. She is skeptical and is thinking she might have to use her idol. Heidi tells Yam Yam and Carson that she is willing to vote out Jaime. Jaime is worried that people won't support her wanting Carolyn out.

They are definitely setting us up for the guessing game vote again. Carson is reluctant but recognizes Carolyn's great game. He's in a quandary! I hope Yam Yam goes with his heart and keeps Carolyn.

They brought everything to Tribal Council as they're worried they may be sent elsewhere and all might be at risk. Shot in the Dark is over. Jaime says everyone's names were out there. Yep, for sure. Carolyn is giving Yam Yam weird eyes. Carolyn defends emotional but strategic players. She doesn't like lies. She's very worried. Yam Yam says the person who leaves tonight is the one who needs to leave for everybody's game. Carolyn does not take that well with her facial expression.

The tally -- Heidi plays her idol.

Carolyn, Jaime, Carolyn, Jaime, Jaime, Jaime.

Phew! I was scared for Carolyn! Jaime is history, goes out with class and a smile. 

It's good they brought everything -- they are headed to a new beach.

Next week is the season finale!

Jaime and Lauren voted Carolyn. Yam Yam followed his heart.

55 comments:

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jackie and Everyone!

Jackie S. said...

Where is everyone? Hi, Glenn!

monty924 said...

Hey Glenn, Jackie and all watching. I finally have a Wednesday night without a baseball game to go to. :)))

Jackie S. said...

This is weird ... even quiet nights have a handful of people.

Jackie S. said...

Hey, Monty. Not sure where everybody is. Glad Glenn has company as I live blog.

monty924 said...

Happy for Yam Yam... I think he's probably starving

monty924 said...

Yes, it is strange. I always read the comments when I get home on Wednesday nights.

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jackie, thank you so very much.

Hi Glenn and monty.

Sharon N said...

Hi all,
I finally have a night without the Stanley Cup playoffs!
Yam Yam is my guy, but I like Carolyn's game. Sure hope she manages to stay tonight...

monty924 said...

Hey Penny and Sharon

Nickelpeed said...

My husband is yelling, "You leave my girl alone!" He likes Carolyn. LOL

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Penny and Monty and Sharon

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Sharon.

No YamYam, don't go against Carolyn.

monty924 said...

LOL @ Penny... I agree with your hubby, lol. Jaime is my pool person, but I've been rooting for Carolyn. She's definitely been this season's entertainment.

Jackie S. said...

If Carolyn, Yam Yam and Carson stick together and play it right, they're a guaranteed final three. Each one is liked, each one won one Immunity.

Sharon N said...

So much cross-plotting and planning going on. Who knows what will happen.
Carolyn has managed to lead the vote without most being aware she's leading it. However, more are catching on, so I'm getting a bit concerned...

Jackie S. said...

Carson is the best at challenges of those left.

Jackie S. said...

A BB ad

Nickelpeed said...

When my husband saw the BB ad, he said, "No, no, no. I've learned to tolerate Survivor, but I will not tolerate Big Brother." LOLOLOL.

Nickelpeed said...

It won't matter for Heidi. She has an idol. The others are in more trouble than those two. The 2 in trouble are Carson and Carolyn. I don't like that.

monty924 said...

I'm worried for Jaime now. Her or Carolyn. :((

Jackie S. said...

I might miss the season premiere of BB for the first time ever ...

monty924 said...

When is it Jackie? I missed the BB commercial.

Jackie S. said...

If it's 4th of July week, I'm heading up to Saratoga County NY for my 50th high school reunion that Thursday and not returning until Sunday night.

Michelle said...

Hi Everyone. I’m late, I’ll have to catch up in Jackie’s commentary.

Jackie S. said...

They haven't said the date. I'm just guessing by the past handful of seasons.

Nickelpeed said...

Buddy games, uh? I guess I'll watch it only to see Josh. LOL

Jackie S. said...

It's up to date, Michelle. I visit comments during commercials.

monty924 said...

I can't wait for BB. My first season watching it as a retired person... no more worries about staying up too late watching the feeds, LOL

Nickelpeed said...

Carolyn has no idea that Yam Yam is plotting against her. I wish she wouldn't trust him so much.

Glenn Allen said...

Very true Penny! Yam Yam is my pool person.

Nickelpeed said...

Come on guys. She saved both of you. My gosh. It'll be a huge betrayal. She'll never forgive them.

Sharon N said...

Speaking of BB. I saw something today saying it will start in July and run into October. Maybe Jackie can verify if that's accurate??

Nickelpeed said...

I hope he feels so guilty, he doesn't vote for her. I wish he'd realize that Jaimie, Heidi, and Lauren are trying to split up him, Carolyn, and Carson. UGH

Michelle said...

My cousin who doesn’t like Survivor is still here. I think she audibly sighed when I turned the channel to Survivor. I haven’t turned her into a fan. And Jackie you’re right, this is the best season in a long time.

Jackie S. said...

Sharon - No date has been announced

Jackie S. said...

BB usually has been starting just after the 4th of July the last several years -- the week I will be away.

monty924 said...

I hope Yam Yam sticks with Carson and Carolyn tonight....... fingers crossed

Jackie S. said...

They would be a rather equal final three with Carson perhaps a bit better in challenges with puzzles

Nickelpeed said...

I don't know if I want t watch this tribal council.

Nickelpeed said...

This is hard. :'(

Glenn Allen said...

I hope Yam YaM did not turn on Carolyn!

Glenn Allen said...

Did Heidi waste an Idol?

Glenn Allen said...

Heidi wasted her idol and I am glad Carolyn stayed.

monty924 said...

Well, I'm out of the pool.

Michelle said...

Yay!!!!!

Glenn Allen said...

They figured out starting over and had brought their supplies!

Nickelpeed said...

Yes! Okay, who actually voted for Carolyn? If YamYam did, I'll never forgive him. LOL. Maybe Jaime and Lauren?

monty924 said...

That was a fun hour. Thanks Jackie and everyone for the company. I'll be late next week but will be here before it's over, LOL

Jackie S. said...

Yes, Heidi wasted her idol. It still would have been good at five.

Nickelpeed said...

Season finale????

Thank you, Jackie. Everyone have a great weekend!!

Jackie S. said...

Heidi and Jaime voted for Carolyn. Yam Yam went with his heart and kept her.

Jackie S. said...

Thanks for coming by! See you for the season finale next week!

Michelle said...

I’ll be sorry to see this season come to an end. Thank goodness for Big Brother. Good Evening, see ya next week. Thanks Jackie

Jackie S. said...

My mistake - I think it was Lauren and Jaime voting Carolyn