Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Survivor 44: May 10th Episode Blog Party

 

Good evening!

I will be live-blogging the major events of the show as it airs here on the East Coast. Refresh the page to get the latest updates. As always, the real party is in the comments area. Please feel free to join in on the fun! 

Are you ready for 90-minute episodes of both Survivor and The Amazing Race, both for Wednesday evenings, in the fall? Three hours of live blogging in one night. Eek. Thankfully, I'm feeling somewhat better. We can thank the writers' strike. Here's an article about it right at this here link.

The blog pool has been updated by Lifeguard SueGee and here's where we stand:

VA VA (MERGED TRIBE)

Danny - Donna in AL, Mikes Girl
Heidi - John Cantrell, PDX Granny 
Jaime - Andi, monty924  
Carolyn - Krysta Gibson, Sydney 
Yam Yam - Sharon N, Glenn Allen
Lauren - David, KelseyNY 
Carson - Petals, Donna in FL

JURY
Matt
Brandon
Kane
Frannie

Survivor fans ready?

As usual, we start with the return from Tribal. Carolyn is SO ticked that she wasn't told of the Frannie vote. Yam Yam wants to try to explain to her. She thinks Yam Yam and Carson, her main allies, lied to her all day. She is acting out. 

Heidi put Danny's name down and thought he was going to go. At least she still has her idol.

Day 20 - they are meditating and sharing gratitude on the beach. How peachy-keen is that? They say they are creating real bonds, trying to get closer to each other. Okay, as long as they can be cut-throat when needed.

Carolyn has calmed down and seems to be making amends with Yam Yam. She tells us she's over it and will go back to trust Carson and Yam Yam. She also still has her idol and hasn't told anyone about it. Yam Yam knows Heidi voted for Danny at Tribal and tells him. 

Danny talks to Heidi and she denies being his vote. He tells her Yam Yam said it was. She suggests Jaime. He thinks it's Yam Yam and his Tika crew, now he wants to target them.

Carolyn found a molted lobster shell. She loves it. Yam Yam gave her a "shell" that works like an evil finger pointer. She decides she must have fun ... and loves having fun with Yam Yam. They talk about Danny and Lauren being big threats. 

Meanwhile, Lauren and Danny talk about the Tika Three being the main threat. They talk to Jaime and try to get her in on targeting them. Jaime thinks Yam Yam is the biggest target as he's so likable.

Ohhh  ... they arrive by boat for the Immunity Challenge. It's the one in which they have to overcome fear, in the water under a metal grate, remaining in it as the tide comes in -- AND THEY ALMOST DIE!!!

Thirty minutes, all still in. Lauren first out at an hour, she was shivering from the start. Jaime out. Carson out. Carolyn out. Danny out. It's down to Heidi and Yam Yam for the win. One hour, 25 minutes. Heidi out.

YAM YAM WINS IMMUNITY! Everybody, except Danny, seems thrilled for him. I don't think any expected he would ever win a challenge.

Carson is happy, of course. He doesn't know that the non-Tika is planning to vote Carson. Danny tells Yam Yam they will be splitting Jaime/Lauren votes. The others think their plan is so solid! They are worried about Carolyn's reaction. Carolyn is worried for Carson. She goes to "work" with Danny and he denies Carson is the target. She goes to Carson and tells him her suspicions. He tries to convince Jaime and Lauren to vote with him against Danny. It doesn't seem to be working.

Yam Yam tells Carolyn he will keep Carson with her. They need a split vote from the others. Carolyn tells Carson she has an idol she will play her idol for him. Carson is amazed she has one and told no one. She's scared Danny has an idol. They're setting us up for yet another unpredictable Tribal Council. I love when you don't outright know ahead of time!

Tribal Council time - Jeff brings up the uncertainty of the Tribals this season. Carson admits being scared. He makes an eloquent speech about what the experience means to him. 

Time to tally the votes -- Carolyn is delaying her vote, looks totally lost. She plays her idol for CARSON!!!

The tally -- Carson, Carson, Danny, Danny, Heidi, Heidi, Danny.

Carolyn did it! DANNY goes out imitating DiNiro in Taxi Driver.

78 comments:

Petals said...

~*~*~ SPLASH ~*~*~

Hi Jackie! Hello everyone!

I brought some icy-cool Stella, help yourselves.

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jackie! Thank you so much.

Hi Petals.

Nickelpeed said...

I feel sorry for Frannie. I'm now hoping Carolyn wins now.

She needs to get over this. It will ruin her days left.

Go away Danny.

Petals said...

PENNY!!!!!

SueGee said...

Hi guys!! I'll take a stella please....

And I think the show best suited for the 90 minute format would be Big Brother!

Squeegee

Michelle said...

Hi everyone, I’m watching tonight with an out of town cousin who has never watched an episode of Survivor in her life!!

Nickelpeed said...

Hi SueGee

SueGee said...

I think I agree with you Penny

Petals said...

Carolyn has great lashes...they aren't allowed mascara, right?

Petals said...

Squeeee

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Michelle. How fun. I'd be interested in what your cousin thinks.

Petals said...

Michelle - that's always fun, hope she enjoys it.

Joe in NY said...

Hi folks

Jackie S. said...

Hey, folks!

Michelle said...

She’s not really interested, she’s already looking at her phone now. I guess it takes highly intelligent people to appreciate Survivor. And other are entertained by Apple. :)

Jackie S. said...

Michelle - That's right! We have lawyers, doctors and more professionals in this group!

Petals said...

*** passing cool STELLA to Squee

Buddy Games looks fun.

Petals said...

that looks like it was a HUGE lobster.

Nickelpeed said...

LOL, Michelle.

SueGee said...

And don't forget us retired folks Jackie! We done our time.

Nickelpeed said...

Why is it the shadiest people go forward. I'm sure the other group feels the same about your group, too, Danny. Do not like him.

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Joe.

Jackie S. said...

SueGee - I'm one of those retired folks. I had to pay my dues so I could sing the blues!

Jackie S. said...

I was hoping Danny would be more likable as a firefighter. I think of Jeremy Collins and a few others -- good representatives for the job.

Petals said...

JOE xx

Petals said...

Jackie - you're right. I forgot he was a fireman.

Jackie S. said...

Petals - From The Bronx

Nickelpeed said...

This challenge scares me. I know they can give up, but there is always someone who really wants to win and it puts them in danger. Always scares me.

Joe in NY said...

I would hate this challenge

Nickelpeed said...

I've always wondered if the Survivor PTB cause man made tides?

My husband is yelling at Jeff.

Nickelpeed said...

Me, too, Joe.

Nickelpeed said...

I wonder if there is an idol in the bench?

Nickelpeed said...

This is a horrible challenge.

Petals said...

c'mon Yam!

Petals said...

WHOOOHOOOO YAMYAM

Nickelpeed said...

LOL

Petals said...

That was cool for Danny to jump in...

Nickelpeed said...

I guess practicing in the tub works.

Brent McKee said...

Got carried away working on my stamp collection and watching the Toronto -Florida hockey game. Totally lost track of time. I’ll watch the show later, but just wanted to let you know why I’m not hanging out with you.

Petals said...

This is one challenge I think I would do well. the ONLY one, lol.

Petals said...

Hey Brent! Enjoy your... philately?

Michelle said...

Yay, Yam Yam. Great challenge. Not once did my cousin look at the TV screen. She’ll never be a Survivor fan. I’m beginning to wonder if we’re really related.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jackie and Petals and brent and Penny and Joe and Sue Gee and Michelle. My Pool person Yam Yam won Immunity

Petals said...

hey Glenn!

SueGee said...

Hi Glenn!

Petals said...

Nooooo Not CARSON

Michelle said...

Hi Glenn, Yam Yam is great television. I hope he or Carolyn win.

SueGee said...

Jackie, that article about 90 minute shows says there is the possibility of another celebrity BB...We had the "A" group, and then a "B" group of stars - what's next?

Petals said...

Michelle - agree, but with Carson in that mix.

Aww, don't cry Carson

Nickelpeed said...

Carolyn is so observant. It's like a sixth sense.

SueGee said...

I'm with you Petals! I like Carson!

Glenn Allen said...

Sue Gee did it say when a new Celebrity Bb might be?

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Glenn.

I agree with you, Petals. Not Carson.

Jackie S. said...

Glenn - Read the article I linked in the blog.

Jackie S. said...

SueGee - I'm scared to find out. NO Todrick!

Petals said...

except for Carolyn, the women still in the game are non-entities (to me). I don't know which one is which, etc.

SueGee said...

Glenn, they didn't specify. All depends on the writers' strike.

Petals said...

Stupid writers strike! Glad this season of Succession is already in the can.

Petals said...

carolyn is great TV

Nickelpeed said...

That look on their faces. LOLOL

Petals said...

EEEEEK

Petals said...

Michelle - I hope your cousin enjoyed the show!

THANK YOU JACKIE!

Love u guys...

xoxox

Nickelpeed said...

OMG!! What a tribal!!!

Karma sucks.

Petals said...

bwhaaahaaaa, Danny

Nickelpeed said...

I love blindsides!!

Petals said...

Thank you Jackie!

Michelle - I hope your cousin liked the show!

Gnite BF

Caio everyone until next week. xoxo

Jackie S. said...

I would like the Tika Three to be the Final Three!

Jackie S. said...

Thanks for coming by!

SueGee said...

YES YES YES

Nickelpeed said...

Thank you, Jackie.

See everyone next week!! Have a great weekend!

Michelle said...

Love a well played idol. Didn’t the season start with Carolyn’s confessional instead of the boat ride to the island. Almost seems like a clue to the winner in the end.

Nickelpeed said...

She really didn't have to use her idol. :'(

Petals said...

Jackie - is that Yam, Car & Carson?

Michelle said...

My cousin did not like the show. She’ll have to sit through next week’s episode also. Good night all, thanks Jackie

Sharon N said...

Carolyn is a bit odd, but has a very good 'read' on people.
IMO, she's been the best Survivor this season.
Hope she makes it to the end!

Glenn Allen said...

Thanks Jackie

Judi Sweeney said...

I love a good blindside! Thanks Jackie! Night all….

Mike Barer said...

I knew Caroline had a big move in her! She now has a huge target on her back, as for the first time, she is seen as a threat.