Wednesday, May 03, 2023

Survivor 44: May 3 Episode Blog Party

 

Good evening!

I will be live-blogging the major events of the show as it airs here on the East Coast. Refresh the page to get the latest updates. As always, the real party is in the comments area. Please feel free to join in on the fun! 

How interesting is it that the first three voted out after the merge are all men?

The blog pool has been updated by Lifeguard SueGee and here's where we stand:

VA VA (MERGED TRIBE)

Danny - Donna in AL, Mikes Girl
Frannie - Auntie Leigh, Brent 
Heidi - John Cantrell, PDX Granny 
Jaime - Andi, monty924  
Carolyn - Krysta Gibson, Sydney 
Yam Yam - Sharon N, Glenn Allen
Lauren - David, KelseyNY 
Carson - Petals, Donna in FL

JURY
Matt
Brandon
Kane

Survivor fans ready?

We open, as usual, with the castaways returning from Tribal Council. It's Night 17. Frannie is befuddled. She wasn't in on the Kane vote. They all lied to her. Carson wants to focus on damage control. He talks to Jaime. He told her that Kane told the others she had an idol when in actuality, Carson himself told the others. Now, Kane went off to jury with her idol in his sock.

It's right to the Reward Challenge. Spinning in metal frame to bring a buoy to them. Dizzy, they have to climb over a net platform, go across a beam, collect big balls, untie knots, toss ball to land in an elevated narrow trough. Sanctuary overnight and tacos, wine, etc. are the reward.

It's raining pretty hard. 

FRANNIE WINS REWARD! Letters from home are part of the reward. One person to join -- Carolyn! One more -- Lauren. One more -- Heidi.

Back at camp they are cooking rice. Yam Yam tells us he's the only one who hasn't been on a reward. He's pretty down. He does think maybe he can work on a bond with Danny and Jaime. He already has one with Carson.

At the Sanctuary, they are all thrilled. Even sober Carolyn has a margarita. The moms choosing is a hit with the moms. Now the letters and tears are coming. Lauren says it's the first time her father has said he's proud of her. Carolyn's son wrote and even drew some kind of unicorn fish. These women are bonding! They are talking about voting out Danny.

At camp, Jaime comes clean about losing the idol. Danny doesn't believe her. She thinks they all believe her. None of them do. Now their plan is Frannie or Jaime.

The Sanctuary bunch returned to camp in the morning. Jaime tells the women about the idol. She thinks the truth will set her free. Let's see if they believe her. Nope! No one believes her. She has put a bigger target on her back.

Time for the Immunity Challenge. It's actually sunny. Feet tied together, arms tied to side, slither through sand and course with a buoy attached to their mouth, maneuver buoy through an obstacle, first one to the finish a puzzle wins.

CARSON WINS IMMUNITY!

Frannie wants to put her social strategy to the test without Immunity. They are talking about Danny and Jaime. Danny is campaigning against Frannie. Lauren is not impressed by him. But, she thinks Danny might have a point. Yam Yam thinks Jaime is the biggest threat. He goes to talk to Carson. They are worried about losing Carolyn as an ally if they vote out Frannie. It sounds like we're going into another Council of Confusion.

Carolyn thinks that Heidi telling her that Danny wants Frannie out is stupid. She wants Danny out. Now the four girls want Heidi out. Carson wants Heidi out and he wants Frannie out ... which will he choose?

Tribal Council awaits its victim. Jeff starts with the Reward Challenge, once again putting a spotlight on Frannie. Danny is given a chance to focus on winning (and Frannie). Yam Yam is asked about targets and people winning challenges. Jaime once again brings up Kane taking her idol away with him. Jaime says the era of alliances is over. Once again, I have no real idea how the vote will come down. No whispering this week.

The tally -- Frannie, Danny, Heidi, Heidi, Frannie, Frannie, Frannie.

Frannie ... she won too much, I guess. Carolyn seems the most disappointed.

45 comments:

SueGee said...

Howdy to Jackie and to all that enter!

Making chicken enchiladas - anyone else hungry?

Squeegee

RJM in SC said...

Hello All.

Jackie S. said...

Hey there. Quiet so far!

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jackie! Thank you so very much!!

Hi SueGee and RJM!!

Jackie S. said...

SueGee - I'm hungry but I fear the delivery time might be lacking!

Nickelpeed said...

I bet the others plan on taking out Frannie, now.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jackie and Suee gee and Penny and RGM and anyone I missed!

Glenn Allen said...

Jaimie did not have them believe her!

SueGee said...

The women need to vote out at least one more of the guys to get control...

Brent McKee said...

I really can’t stand Danny.

Jackie S. said...

Danny would be the logical choice for a power player out -- either him or Frannie. But I think the women majority would keep Frannie over Danny.

Jackie S. said...

I can't believe how well Frannie is doing since Matt went.

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Glenn and Brent.

I do not like Danny, either.

Carson, is playing the game. I hope they do not catch on to him. He's good.

I knew they wouldn't believe Jaimie.

Nickelpeed said...

I hope the women keep their word and stick together.

Nickelpeed said...

They will eat their words when they see this. I'm not a Jaimie fan, but really people?

'

Brent McKee said...

Funny how you can tell the absolute truth and have everyone think that you’re lying, and lying badly.

Nickelpeed said...

What a challenge! Never seen it before.

Nickelpeed said...

Brent, I love your black and white picture. Is that you as a child?

Michelle said...

Hi Everyone, Survivor is preempted because of the news coverage of the shooting at the Atlanta hospital. I hope I’ll be able to pull it up on Demand later. I watched a deleted scene of Carolyn drying her pink shorts by the fire. The shorts caught fire and the whole side is missing. One commenter called her Survivor Lucille Ball.

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Michelle. OMGosh, Michelle, that's funny.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Michelle and Brent, hopefully yam Yam my pool person is safe!

Jackie S. said...

Michelle - I read about that shooting. The show should be available online by tomorrow at the latest.

Jackie S. said...

Glenn - I think Yam Yam is probably safe this week. He's a social target while they have both Frannie and Danny as physical threats.

Michelle said...

Nickelpeed, there were 103 comments, all positive except one guy said he wasn’t a fan of Carolyn. She said she only has the one pair of shorts. The only thing holding them up is the belt. The right side is missing including the waistband.

Michelle said...

Oh Jackie I hope you’re right. I’ve only missed one episode of Survivor, ever. That’s back when the VCR ate my tape.

Judi Sweeney said...

Hi Everyone!!!

Nickelpeed said...

Who has idols now?

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Judi

Michelle, I can relate to the VCR!

Jackie S. said...

Penny - Carolyn has one. Not sure who else.

Jackie S. said...

Michelle - If you have Paramount+, they always have it. If your cable company has an online on demand, they usually have it the next day.

Glenn Allen said...

Thanks Jackie! Hi judi! This tribal should be interesting!

Michelle said...

Jackie, I just pulled CBS up on my phone and it’s not preempted with news coverage like on TV. I’ll at least get to see Tribel council! Yay

Nickelpeed said...

Thanks, Jackie.

Nickelpeed said...

If they vote Frannie, I'll be sad.

Brent McKee said...

It is indeed a picture of me as a child. I think I was about 3 or 4 at the time. I started using it as a profile picture when I was doing my old TV blog because it had that old black and white TV in it. Incidentally, I still have that old toy airliner.

Nickelpeed said...

Noooooooooooooooo!

Glenn Allen said...

Wow Frannie voted out.

Michelle said...

Thank you Jackie for hosting. Goodnight everyone. Sad to see Frankie go.

RJM in SC said...

Good night. Thanks Jackie

Nickelpeed said...

How cool, Brent. When my parents passed away, My siblings and I found tons of B/W pictures in their upstairs closet. They were amazing.

Thank you, Jackie. Will see everyone next Wednesday.

Jackie S. said...

Thanks for coming by!

Judi Sweeney said...

Thanks Jackie!!!

Judi Sweeney said...

I will miss Frannie…

Petals said...

Sorry I missed the party...

truth - I watched a movie so scary that I have to fall asleep while the sun is still up, and even then i have to leave lights on in the other rooms, for when I wake in the night.
I feel like an 8yr old again because the last time I was this afraid was when the Exorcist came out.
Ugh.

Mike Barer said...

Frannie may still be in the game if she had picked Danny to go on the reward, after all, Danny gave up his idol to protect her awhile back.