Wednesday, October 18, 2023

The Amazing Race 35: The Day Keeps Rockin' Here in Vietnam - Ep. 4 - Blog Party

 

I will be live-blogging and updating this post constantly as the show airs here on the East Coast. I do ask for your patience as I am still getting used to the teams. Refresh the page to get the latest updates. As always, the real blog party is in the comments. I hope to see you there!

You can check out photos and names of the teams on this post I made a while back.

Since the teams are on a continuation of the Vietnam leg, SueGee had a week off from updating this blog pool!

Ashlie & Todd -- Dr Celine, NanaintheNW, SueGee
Greg & John -- Brent McKee, Jackie, Judi Sweeney
Jocelyn & Victor -- Cherry Pie, chrob61, Nora M
Joe & Ian -- Cookie Jar, Michelle, Pearl
Joel & Garrett -- ChicMc, Ethan, Willie J, Jasonuwp
Liam & Yeremi -- Andi, KathyB, monty924, Skyriverblue
Malaina & Andrea -- Cheryl in NC, CherylNY, Debbie
Morgan & Lena -- Bizaro22, Debbie in FL, Krysta
Robbin & Chelsea -- Indiana Jane, KelseyNY, MikesGirl
Rob & Corey -- marthalight, PDX Granny, Sharon N
Steve & Anna Leigh -- David, Donna in FL, Glenn Allen

Are you ready? Let's GO!

After the Previously On, they travel by cab where a barista serves coffee and the next clue.

That clue is a Detour. Stand or Deliver. Inland fishery properly display seafood, their stall must match the vendors. Deliver has them delivering four mattresses (66 pounds each) and deliver to a motel.

Stand detour

Steve and Anna Leigh are rushing through the Stand, other teams are having problems with the weight of the mattresses as well as directions. Teams are working together now at mattresses and over at Stand, Anna Leigh is freaking out about live eels.

Anna Leigh and Steve make it through the Detour first. The clue directs them to a pagoda to make a wish. Joel/Garrett finish the mattresses.

Anna Leigh/Steve at the pagoda for the wish card. They wish they are number one for the day. The clue they get tells them to travel by taxi for the next clue. Aw, Garrett/Joel find notes from home as they are at the wish card.

Rob/Corey and Ashlie/Todd finish the Delivery.

Roadblock - Who wants to play matchmaker? They are at a temple. Thousands of red tiles on the stairs, only 11 of one kind. Must find one of them going around with a picture.

Morgan/Elena and Chelsea/Robbin finish the fish.

Phil and the mat are waiting in the temple with the Roadblock. More teams are arriving for the Roadblock. It turns out their clue photos differ. Anna Leigh has an issue with Chelsea as she won't work with her. 

Pit Stop Order:
1. Chelsea/Robbin - win trip for two to Madrid, Spain.
2. Steve/Anna Leigh
3. Todd/Ashlie
4. Joe/Ian
5. Rob/Corey
6. Liam/Yeremi
7. Malaina/Andrea
8. Greg/John
9. Joel/Garrett
10. Morgan/Lena
11. Jocelyn/Victor - Philiminated. Aw, I liked them. 

44 comments:

monty924 said...

Hope my brothers can catch up during this leg...

Hi everyone. Survivor was C-R-A-Z-Y!!!

Glenn Allen said...

Hi again Jackie and Monty and all who follows!

Jackie S. said...

Hey again, folks!

Glenn Allen said...

My Pool team Steve and anna Leigh started in first!

Michelle said...

Hi everyone. I would not like the slimy fish challenge.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Michelle!

SueGee said...

I don't know how you do this back to back Jackie!! 10pm and I want to go to bed LOL!!

SueGee said...

Hi to Jackie, Glenn, Michelle and Monteeeeeeeeeee

Brent McKee said...

I think it’s supposed to be “octopods”. Everyone thinks it’s “octopi” but “octopus” is from the Greek not Latin.

SueGee said...

I can handle slimy things as long as I don't have to eat them!!

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Sue Gee and Brent. It looks like Fish Stand would be easier then delivery!

Michelle said...

Sue, I agree. I wouldn’t eat them either. I don’t like when survivor has them eat live grubs w bugs.

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jackie, Glenn, Michelle, Monty, SueGee, and Brent.

SueGee said...

Hi to Brent - missed you first round!

Nickelpeed said...

Brent, very few people, even scientists, use octopods. I think it's easier than octopuses or octopi. Octopods is the Greek scientific name. I'd rather use that than the other two.

Nickelpeed said...

Where are they young brothers? Are they still dead last?

monty924 said...

Went out to rearrange the cars... what did I miss with my brothers Liam and Yeremi

Glenn Allen said...

I think so Penny that the Brothers are still last!

Brent McKee said...

Fish stand requires attention to detail and a tolerance for slimy things. If you don’t recognize a detail that’s important it can affect your time.

monty924 said...

I don't do stairs well... let alone with a mattress over my back and head 😮

Nickelpeed said...

My team is already out, so I can root for any of them. I do like the father and son and the two young brothers.

monty924 said...

There they are. Still in last place, UGH

Nickelpeed said...

For me, I would not eat any time of fish from an open air market. Yuk!!

Nickelpeed said...

They still haven't shown the brothers. I wonder where they are?

Brent McKee said...

Eels aren’t snakes. They just look like tem.

Michelle said...

Are they still racing the same continuing leg of the race from last week?

monty924 said...

I'm with you Penny on the open air market. NOPE!!!

Nickelpeed said...

Michelle, yes.

Nickelpeed said...

Wow, the brothers are beat up.

Nickelpeed said...

They lost the pep in their step. Poor brothers.

Brent McKee said...

The lady at the fish stand is so sweet!

Glenn Allen said...

I hope my team of Steve and Anna Leigh can find the Matching Tile to win the Stage!

Michelle said...

Since everyone’s wish to win first place can’t come true, I hope the couple who wished for world peace get their wish granted. :)

monty924 said...

Michelle, when they made that wish, all I could think of was Miss Congeniality. IYKYK

Nickelpeed said...

You have to have no fear. Handling fish doesn't bother me. It's an open air market, women, they won't bite!

Glenn Allen said...

Michelle I liked the World Peace wish and the guys who wished about their Families

Nickelpeed said...

That matching tile would be so hard. You need a good eye to catch the difference.

monty924 said...

YES

Glenn Allen said...

My Team ended up second,

Glenn Allen said...

It has to be Nerve Racking trying to find the Tile knowing the Pit stop mat is so near,

monty924 said...

So happy that Liam and Yeremi made up the time and are still racing. Thanks again Jackie.

will see you all tomorrow night

Nickelpeed said...

I was hoping Victor and Jocelyn would make it. They started out so strong in the beginning.

Nickelpeed said...

Me, too, monty.

Thank you, Jackie. See everyone who watches BB tomorrow night!

Jackie S. said...

Thank you for coming by!