Saturday, December 09, 2023

Regarding BB Reindeer Games

 

CBS

Monday night is the debut of the Big Brother Reindeer Games holiday series. While I won't be live-blogging the six shows per se, I will set up posts on show nights and may occasionally chime in with updates and screen shots. 

There are a few reasons I'm not committing to actual in-depth live blogging the shows. First, we went from a ridiculously long and intense BB25 season into The Amazing Race and Survivor as I blogged all three for a month and am still tied up with the latter two! Plus, I had a bad case of Covid back in September and am still affected by it. And, third ... this is all competitions. Competitions are hard to blog. Believe it or not, it's not easy to be constantly typing while watching a show!

But, since there have been requests, I will put up posts so y'all can go wild updating and partying in the comments area.

CBS

There are only six shows. Here is the schedule:

Monday, December 11 - 9pm-11pm ET/PT
Tuesday, December 12 - 9pm-10:30pm ET/PT
Thursday, December 14 - 8pm-9pm ET/PT
Monday, December 18 - 9pm-10pm ET/PT
Tuesday, December 19 - 9pm-10pm ET/PT
Thursday, December 21 - 8pm-9pm ET/PT
Derek Xiao and Tiffany Mitchell of BB23 and BB11 winner Jordan Lloyd will be hosting the shows. Competing for the $100,000 prize, we have:  

Cody Calafiore (BB16 and BB22)
Nicole Franzel (BB16BB18 and BB22
Frankie Grande (BB16)
Taylor Hale (BB24)
Cameron Hardin (BB25)
Brittany Haynes (BB12 and BB14)
Josh Martinez (BB19)
Xavier Prather (BB23)
Danielle Reyes (BB3 and BB7)

All of them were winners or AFP on their seasons except Danielle and Frankie. Of course, I welcome Danielle into anything BB -- she should have won BB3 had the voting players been sequestered! Um, Frankie? No comment.
There will be NO live feeds; the shows are taped. They apparently did not live together at the BB house which has been done over as Santa's Lodge. The kitchen is now the bakery, HOH room is the office, all is festive and holly-jolly. Some comps will have them going to places like the Candy Cane Forest, Santa's Workshop and Santa's Village.  Each episode consists of three competitions, the last of which determines which player will be eliminated.
So, the first post will be up and running Monday evening. Be there or Santa don't care!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing what this is all about. Thanks for putting up some posts Jackie. I know live blogging is hard and we appreciate you. Dr._Celine

RJM in SC said...

Thank you for the info Jackie.

David said...

Just having Frankie in it is a good enough reason, didn't have to say anymore. lol

Judi Sweeney said...

Thank you Jackie!!! Hopefully I can get through all the Frankie antics!

Sharon N said...

Thank you Jackie.
Considering there's a couple of people I could easily do without, Frankie tops the list. I've decided to record the episodes and watch later. That way, I can choose to fast-forward past his not-so-delightful self. lol

Sharon N said...

Jackie,
I'm so sorry to hear you had a bout with Covid in September. It's crazy how it effects some people so much more than others... some for up to a year or more.
Hope you aren't one of those "long Covid" cases and feel better soon.

cctru said...

What a nice surprise if we actually watch it and it's not horrible. Remains to be seen. Thanks for being here for us Jackie, hope you continue to feel better and enjoy the holidays!

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to the Reindeer Games. I especially like Cameron and also Derek X, who will make it worth watching - for me. On the negative side, two of my least favorite all time players are also on - Taylor H and Frankie Grande. I can't stand either of them, but I know people who love them. To each his own! I'll be pulling for Cameron!

Anonymous S

monty924 said...

Hi everyone... I echo a lot of the comments here but I'm just a glutton for punishment, lol.

See some of you in a little over half an hour!! 🎄🎅🏼☃️