Monday, June 18, 2018

BB20: New Hamster Cast - Part 1

I'm sorry to be a bit late with these. But I had a rather stressful surgeon post-op, get air conditioner working, deal with employer and disability insurance company kind of day. I wasn't home for the Live Feeds introduction. But I have found the Ross interviews which, if they aren't the same ones, they're indeed Jeff-like. Because there are 16 of them, I'm breaking this down into four parts of four hamsters each.

Of course, Allison Grodner went for young and what she thinks might be sexy in casting despite the fact that the Celebrity BB was an older cast and well-received. I don't watch for hook-ups. I don't know about you. The oldest hamster is 40. Children rule once again.

And here are the first four, not in any particular order ...



Kaycee Clark is indeed a women's football player (and a server on the side). I guess they don't pay NFL rates, huh? She's 30, from San Diego but currently living in Tempe, AZ. She says, "You know what I'm saying?" way too often. That's an urban thing which tends to irk me as I live in an urban area and hear it way too much. Make her stop. (I do find it more acceptable than that midwest thing of using the word "whenever" in place of "when" -- that's just totally incorrect!) She claims to have watched every season yet didn't realize she was in the Diary Room. Hmm. 

According to the BigBrotherNetwork bio she claims to be a people person and a fun type. Being in the house could indeed change that! Her favorite player was Cody, especially if he had upped his social game. Maybe she's trying for second place? My jury is out on her. I think she could possibly be a competition beast. But I think she might be a bit more assertive than she thinks her fun people person persona displays.



JC Monduix might look 12, but he's 28 years old. He's originally from Spain then to Miami and now resides in West Hollywood. They say he's a professional dancer. I'm thinking a street busker, myself. That said, he made me snicker a bit during his Ross interview. That's always a good thing. He says he's outgoing, honest and eccentric. Eccentric is usually good in my book. By the way, he's 4'8" tall and I can see why he might be intimidated by big tall guys. 

On his BBN bio page, he lists Josh Martinez as a favorite, mainly because he reminds him of people he's known. I guess I won't hold that against him. Much. His plan to be the cuddly little guy flying under the radar just might work to a point. If he's indeed a professional dancer, he should be athletic. Will he win it all? I did like his win and have them love me answer. But I don't know if he's mean enough to lie and backstab. At least he's different from the usual bimbo and mimbo.



Oh my gosh. Kaitlyn Herman is an oh-so-wise 24 year old Life Coach, originally from Long Island (and retains a bit of the Lawn Guyland accent) currently living in Encino, CA. First off, she's going to be a pain to listen to on the live feeds because she tends to mumble some. Perhaps if she didn't try big smiles while talking, she would speak more clearly. Second, she plans to read auras of others to win the game. Say what? What planet is she from? What show is she on? 

According to her BBN bio page, she considers herself personable, intuitive and dramatic. Oh, yeah ... being dramatic always plays well for hamsters. Oh noes! She's going to be without her crystals and essential oils? Whatever will happen?!?! Her favorite hamster is Victor, not a horrible choice. But I'm wondering if that might be the first season she watched. I don't care that she has "manifested" herself as the BB20 winner. Unless she turns out to be entertaining on the live feeds, I wouldn't care if she got first boot. I know. I'm being cruel. 



Brett Robinson is 25 years old, originally from Oakdale, CT and now residing in Charlestown, MA (outside of Boston). He's a cyber security engineer. At least, after being almost prompted, he recognized he was in the Diary Room for the interview. He describes himself as "vehement, riveting and trophy." What the heck does that mean? Wait, I may not want to know if he thinks himself to be some sort of trophy. He certainly doesn't seem to come across as "all that." 

According to his BBN bio page, he want to play like his favorite player Derrick, but also wants to play dumb so they won't catch on that he's the mastermind of the game. Oh geez. If he's going to be the mastermind this season, I wonder if we'll see a BB21. He plans on lying about his job and playing a dumb surfer type. CT and MA aren't really known for big surfer types. He says he hacks the computers of friends for fun. I have no more words.

I feel like I'm being a Negative Nellie with these so far. Maybe the next four will be better. I can only hope.

9 comments:

Barb said...

Great to read your thoughts.....and hope you have a better day tomorrow. Can't judge anyone by their pic, or bio, have to wait and see because they end up totally different from first impressions. Looking forward to all your posts this season.

Jackie S. said...

Thank you, Barb. At least the good news from today is that I have another six weeks off from work due to my back surgery recovery.

Sharon N said...

I've been hoping you would be feeling better by now. Back surgery is no joke!!
Another 6 weeks off ... maybe you'll be relatively rested for BB and your return to work!!

Hamsters... so far, not impressive, especially the 'eye candy' wanna-be.

Jackie S. said...

Well, I do feel better than I did. The recovery is just much slower than I anticipated. I had let the back and my muscles deteriorate for many years. The nerve and muscle damage won't just snap back. However, the back surgery itself seems to be fine.

Anonymous said...

just want to say I miss your Sunday posts.

Judi Sweeney said...

Oh Jackie... you just reminded me of why I love you and why I’ve missed you! Thank you! I hope you are feeling better and rounded the bend to complete recovery!

Jackie S. said...

Thank you, Judi. And, Anon -- I miss doing them and I miss taking photos. Hopefully I'll be back to it.

Sharon S said...

Sorry to hear of your medical troubles. At least you will soon have hamsters to entertain you. Thanks for the back story. Can't wait for the show to start. Never feels like summer til BB is on.

Anonymous said...

Your review of the players is my favorite thing