Saturday, February 09, 2019

Celebrity Big Brother 2: Live Feeds into Saturday, HoH - Feb. 9

Product placement?

Here's the latest from inside that Celebrity Big Brother House of It's Almost Over:
  • Once again they had the HoH comp blocked to the live feeds after the live (double) eviction show.
  • Between the blow-ups in the house and the odd timing of comps, I think we must be at a record for the percentage of the time we endured blocked live feeds.
  • Grr.
  • When the dust settled and the feeds returned, Ricky had won his first HoH of the season.
  • Well, that seems to make things very predictable.
  • Lolo is his sole true member of the bedroom alliance. So, she's probably safe.
  • Tamar is his good but not as tight as Lolo alliance member. So, she's probably safe.
  • That only leaves Dina and Kandi to be nominated.
  • Dina is already talking about packing her bag.
  • One interesting factoid would be … if Dina goes, three of the final four chamsters will be black. I believe that's a first for BB. Heck, they usually run with just two tokens in the house to begin with! 
  • We got the typical HoH reveal and Ricky read a letter from his wife. She actually seems to be enjoying depending on herself for a bit. However, she's looking forward to his "victorious" return home.
  • They were all tired and bored yet had to stay awake for his room reveal.
  • I was tired and bored. So I went to bed.
  • They were told that they had something to do early in the morning -- the memories of chamsters who passed the halls maybe. Sure enough, the feeds are blocked once again as I type this up.
  • Not really live feeds, but personal thoughts -- After what Tom said in his Julie interview, I fear if Lolo makes the final two, she'll win because she HAS played the "pity me, I need the money" card. I personally don't think any of the people going on BB or Survivor or any of them should win because they "need the money more." I'm a best gameplay kind of supporter.
  • In my opinion, best gameplay of those left? I'd say Tamar although she'd certainly drive me crazy if I lived with her. Then would be either Ricky or Kandi. Ricky has played more lowkey, but he has been playing the game. Kandi has struggled to stay afloat in the game more than anyone else. I'd prefer either Lolo/Dina NOT win this thing. I already mentioned why with Lolo and Dina seems like a nice person, but she hasn't really played the game at all.

Lolo ain't gonna gogo anytime soon

I totally understand the feeling, Dina

Ricky finally wins an HoH

Solitaire in more ways than cards

17 comments:

Judi Sweeney said...

I miss Tom.... Kandi didn’t help her chances by running to others with what Tom had said to her! Did Kandi not see she was on the bottom of the totem pole between Lolo, Ricky, Natalie and Tamar!?! To me her best shot would have been teaming up with Tom and Dina... even if temporarily to breakup the Lolo, Natalie and Ricky team even more! Kandi and Dina are both bad at competitions so you would think everyone would want to keep them in the game and use them to win in the end... But, I think Kandi by spending so much time running to Tamar and others so much has made herself an easy target to remove. She would have been better to team up with others who also were solo.

Judi Sweeney said...

Thanks Jackie!!!

Anonymous said...

LoLo is black, so if Dina goes ALL of the final 4 would be black.
~~~

Jackie S. said...

She is? Hmm ...

Bizaro22 said...

Yep, Lolo is mixed I believe. I agree with everything you wrote Jackie. I do not want Lolo to win either. While annoying, Tamar has played well and was very intuitive about the goings on in the house.

My real question is who are we voting for Favorite Champster? Tom or Kato? I think I'm leaning more to Tom but I hope they don't split votes.

Judes said...

Lets vote Tom

Glenn Allen said...

Taren on RHAP said that Tom is getting a lot of votes because he was seen as fun on TV plus getting votes because L0lo and Eva Marie and Tamar and Ricky mistreated Tom.

Bizaro22 said...

Tom it is then!

Bizaro22 said...

#CerealBoxOsprey for the win...!

~~Silk said...

Lolo says she is of Native American, African-American, French, and Norwegian descent.

Petals said...

LoLo appears blackish to me, too. Maybe it's just that she hangs out with so many athletes..? She definitely behaves blackish, IMO.

Is it just me, or is Ricky not likable?

Bizaro22 said...

Ricky is very passive-aggressive. Kinda fake imo.

Anonymous said...

As an avid follower of Jackie's Blog for many Seasons, I have a couple of questions.

Jackie, when did we start referring to black contestants as 'tokens'. Are the other non-white contestants 'tokens' as well?

Petals, what do you mean by 'blackish/behaves blackish'? Why do you think that 'hanging out with so many athletes' makes someone 'behave blackish'? Please explain....

Jackie S. said...

Anon - Since the beginning of the reality television genre, any minority group whether by color, religion, LGTB has been referred to as token for the few (usually one or two) that production chooses to put in casting. I'm rather surprised you've never seen the term used before in casting. It's not just color, mind you … ethnicity, etc. It's like production puts them in just to show diversity when it sometimes works against the contestants themselves.

As for the "behaving blackish" comment, I'm a bit curious myself. Had it not already been replied to before I saw it, I would have removed it.

Bizaro22 said...

Since I get offended by people getting offended, I have a couple questions.....

1. If you're an avid follower, why are you still anonymous?
2. Black contestants refer to themselves as token on BB. That's a fact of life in casting and always has been.
3. Have you ever referred to someone as a redneck? If someone hung out at NASCAR races, chewed tobacco and hunted and fished would you consider that redneck behavior? Just curious....

Anonymous said...

I agree with Jackie. The minorities that they cast on the show ARE tokens!!! Meaning the "real cast" is solidly young, straight, white and beautiful. Everyone else is just cast as a "token"/representation of a false sense of diversity.

~~~

Jackie S. said...

Just a note ~~~ Anon is a known regular Anon, not the one with the questions.