Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Survivor: Edge of Extinction - Ep. 9 Blog Party

Good evening! Did you hear the news? Next Wednesday following Survivor, we'll have the season premiere of The Amazing Race! Three teams each from Survivor and Big Brother will be competing, as well as five previous TAR teams. Since this blog has fans from all three shows, it seems custom-made for us! I posted about the BB and Survivor teams on this here linked post. Watch out for the blog pool opening post tomorrow!

As for tonight, it looks (from promos) like a Tribal Council not to miss! Other than that, perhaps we'll learn more about Extinction … or not. I'll be live blogging the showing covering all the major events the best I can as the show airs here on the East Coast -- refresh the page to get the latest news. The real party is in the comments section. Please feel free to join in on the fun!

Here are the latest blog pool standings from Lifeguard Laurie --

Aurora McCreary - Ed in Ohio, marthalight
Dan DaSilva "Wardog" - Jackie, Nana in the NW
David Wright * - Dr_Celine, PDX Granny, Renee Buck
Gavin Whitson - Brenda, KelseyNY
Julia Carter - Donna in FL, Monty924, Jennifer
Julie Rosenberg - Delee, MikesGirl
Kelley Wentworth * - Donna in NY, Jenna G.
Lauren O'Connell - Brian, Krysta Gibson, Sharon N.
Rick Devens - Auntie Leigh, Merrilee
Ron Clark - Cherry Pie, Judi Sweeney, Rochelle
Victoria Baamonde - Indiana Jane, Karen in VS, SueGee

Jury & Extinction
Reem Daly - David, Terry is a Texan, Sharon C
Chris Underwood - Glenn Allen, Laurie
Aubry Bracco * - Cheryl in NC, Margo, Petals
Eric Hafemann - Bizaro22, Pinky, Shannon
Joe Anglim * - Carol C, Kismet

Survivor fans ready? Let's get this show going!

Coming back from Tribal, Ron and Julie's blindside has Wardog scheming even more. Gavin is in a tight spot with his ex-ally Ron. He thinks he's in with a new alliance. We'll see how that works out. David and Rick voted differently but are trying to get back in with Ron and Julie to take control of the game.

Joe is on Extinction. He's bored. He calls it The Great Slowdown. He thinks Chris might be thinking of the white flag. Meanwhile, Chris catches a stingray. Things lookin' better! Eric is determined to stay.

Back at camp, Rick tries to reason with Julie. David, Rick, Ron and Julie try to figure an additional number. Julie is ready to jump ship from the Kama people. Oh, geez. She breaks down in confessional and to them. It seems like her resolve might be dissolving. 

Wardog, Kelley and Lauren are also a trio to keep an eye on. Julia is worried about them.

Time for the Immunity Challenge. It's a repeat from David's season (in which he did poorly). Stand on narrow beam while balancing a ball on a grooved bow. As time goes on, move to narrower section of the beam.

Wardog out first. Julie out. Next round. Ron out. Rick out. Aurora out, Victoria out. Lauren out. Kelley out. Julia out. David out.

GAVIN WINS IMMUNITY!

He's sure he'll be sending David home tonight.

David's name is getting thrown around, as is Ron's name. Will Kama Strong be strong once again? Now Kelley's name is in there, too. Lots of distrust throughout. Gavin doesn't want Kelley voted out. He feels that the others who want Kelley out instead of David have betrayed him. 

David knows he's on the chopping block. He thinks that he and Rick need to use the idol. Rick agrees with him that he (David) is in trouble. Kelley too is worried. Now, we know she has an idol of her own.

It must be some Tribal ahead as they're heading to it just over a half-hour into the show. 

Tribal time! Jeff talks about trust and blindsides. Julie says she was blindsided last week and her game was blown apart. David likens Lesu to minnows being devoured by sharks (Kama). Gavin talks about the lack of trust and set plans chaning. Julie is crying, saying she thinks it will be another blindside against her or Ron tonight. Julie, giggling, says she giggled because Kelley gave her if the plan was still good. Now Lesu thinks they're the plan again. 

Now they're arguing about which tribe is the most dysfunctional. Wardog says he's confused. Julia calls Rick a passenger, after he called himself one. Rick says the seven who seem left out should get together and control the vote. David is just smiling. He thinks it's desperation and everyone is trying to figure out what is going on.

Whoa! They're talking all around. They tell David the plan was him. Julie is ready to jump ship! It's like all the scheming pre-Tribal is happening AT Tribal.

Still lots of confusion. They say they're ready to vote. I still can't make heads or tails of it all!

The tally … Eric matches the idol halves and David is safe.

David, Kelley, Julia, Julia, Julia, Julia, Julia, Julia …

Welp, I guess she's jumping ship, not Julie!

She chooses to go to Extinction and feels all kinds of betrayed by her Kama Strong.

106 comments:

monty924 said...

Hi Jackie and all who follow. I'm stoked about this new TAR!!

SueGee said...

Hi to Jackie & the ever faithful Vincent!! And to all my party friends hello!!

Squeegee

monty924 said...

Hey Squeegee :)))

Ed in Ohio said...

Hi Monty, SueGee & Jackie!

Homie I'm looking forward to TAR too.

SueGee said...

Hey Monty! TAR does look like it will be at least fun!!

SueGee said...

Hey Ed

Petals said...

~*~*~*~ SPLASH ~*~*~*~*

Hey everyone!
My gf called 5 minutes ago, so I'm like, "uhm...I have to go, 'Survivor' is on". She asks, "Do other people really watch it, I mean, besides you & people like you?"
{not sure how to take THAT, but...}
I said sure, of course other people watch it, it's on like it's umpteenth season. She was surprised. She knows I'm a TV snob.
Well duh! And Survivor is GREAT TV! Geeeeesh.

LOL

Stella anyone?♥

monty924 said...

Homie!!! Didn't have to root for Sparty after all :))

Petals said...

awww, poor lil smiley Stingray. :(

SueGee said...

Hey Petals! Slide me a Stella puleeze

monty924 said...

Hey Petals!! Duh, a lot of folks watch Survivor... and we all know this is the best place around to watch it together. I'll snag a Stella ♥

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jackie and Monty and SueGee and Ed and all who follows.

SueGee said...

Howdy Glenn

Petals said...

oh yeah, TAR? I've been a MEH fan of that show, but I am stoked for this new season, too Monty!
Brit? Victor? My Janey? Fuggetaboutit! I'm ALL IN!

monty924 said...

Dang, already my girl's name is being thrown out there

monty924 said...

Hi Glenn

Ed in Ohio said...

Oh yea Homie. Sparty laid a stinker! !

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Petals!

tbc said...

Hi all. I’ve brought wine tonight! Whoo-hoo

Jenna G said...

Hi Jackie, Monty, Suegee, Glenn and Petals. I'll take a Stella!

Petals said...

Hey Glenn! Hey Teebers, Squeeg, Monty, Ed!

STELLA all around!

Jenna G said...

Hi tbc & Ed!

Jackie S. said...

For those who take the time to read the blog post itself -- there is news about when the blog pool for TAR will open.

Petals said...

~~shooting STELLA down to Jenna ~~

monty924 said...

Hi tbc and Jenna

Petals said...

How are you feeling Jenna?

Joe in NY said...

Hi folks

Pretty early for immunity. Is it a double?

SueGee said...

Hi to Jenna & tbc

Petals said...

Jackie - TAR comes on Sundays, right?

Ed in Ohio said...

Hey Petals! Hi Jenna!

SueGee said...

I'm so ready for TAR....

monty924 said...

Lauren always come out so solid in these challenges. I'd like to see her win something.

SueGee said...

Tar is going to be on right after Survivor

Ed in Ohio said...

TAR pool opens tomorrow

Petals said...

thanks Sue!

Petals said...

Hey Joe baby!

monty924 said...

Hey Joe

Jenna G said...

Coming along, I don't like being slowed down, but the body let's me know when to chill. Doc said today in post OP app to chill for 3 more weeks and she'll let me go back to the gym at 6 weeks. Can't wait...can't take anymore HGTV!

Petals said...

c'mon Dave

monty924 said...

WTH? Julia out of nowhere

Petals said...

Watch some Hulu or Netflix, Jenna ;)

monty924 said...

Yay for east Tennessee

Petals said...

So TAR will be on every Wed after Survivor?
I thought it was a Sunday night show. I can't remember.

monty924 said...

Wonder when we'll get another extinction challenge???

Jenna G said...

Yes, I do check those too. Once in a while I catch something I haven't seen.

monty924 said...

Petals, it's moved around nights. I hated it on Sundays because I always missed it.

SueGee said...

Who knows Petals. They moved Labron's show to dead Saturday and have TAR with Survivor for now... It has been on several different nights over the years

Jackie S. said...

Petals - I've already announced the start date and went through the BB and Survivor teams on TAR in a blog post (plus even mentioned the pool start date and once again the show premiere date again in this post).

Jenna G said...

Truthfully, I don't think any show wants to go up against GOT on Sunday.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jenna G.

Joe in NY said...

When you get outvoted 3-1, that's NOT a dictatorship. LOL When you get YOUR way over everyone else, THAT'S a dictatorship.

Petals said...

Sorry Jackie.

Yes Jenna. Who can compete with GOT?

SueGee said...

Well, some of us don't have HBO.... I'm saving a free trial for when the Deadwood movie comes out 5/31

monty924 said...

Well, with so much time left, we know something interesting is going to happen tonight and likely it isn't just a great TC!!

Glenn Allen said...

I think Kelly and David might play their Idols tonight if David gets the other half of the Idol back.

monty924 said...

SueGee, we have HBO and I don't watch GOT! Not my cup of tea but everyone I know loves it.

Jackie S. said...

The reason it's on Wednesday is because The Million Dollar Mile (whatever) had horrible ratings and got worse each week. They put it in the death throes slot on Saturday. I would guess CBS is thinking the fans of Survivor, BB and TAR will all watch and it will have solid ratings in the slot after Survivor.

Jenna G said...

I LOVED Deadwood! Gosh I miss that show! It was over too soon! Have you seen Hell on Wheels? Netflix...if you liked Deadwood you'd like Hell on Wheels. It's about the building of the railroad East to West. So Good!

SueGee said...

What channel is that on Jenna? And Deadwood was the best series EVER Have you seen the trailer for the Deadwood movie?? I can hardly wait (and I will because I will be out of the country 5/31)

monty924 said...

Oh, Julie...

Petals said...

Monty, you know me - a pretty boy will get me every time. Well, Khal Drago (Jason Momoa, aka Aquaman, aka Mrs Lisa Bonet). So I was hooked. I do fast-forward thru the blind kid, and other parts. But yeah, it grabs you. And the production value is thru the roof $$ !

Glad that I can watch TAR on Wed.

Petals said...

Those were AMC series, right Jenna?

Jenna G said...

Never let them see you cry...

Jenna G said...

Hell on Wheels was, yes, but you can catch it on Netflix. Deadwood was HBO

monty924 said...

War Dog is lost, LOL

Jenna G said...

It went 5 seasons on AMC but now you can catch the entire series on Netflix

Ed in Ohio said...

This is a long drawn out Tribal!

Petals said...

I didn't realize so many people were left...

Jenna G said...

Yes, I did, I'm waiting for it too!

Petals said...

oh my gosh - this Tribal has me completely confused

monty924 said...

Tribal chaos... I LOVE IT

Jenna G said...

Here we go again...I Love this!

Petals said...

Probst wisely staying quiet

Ed in Ohio said...

They're over-doing it with all this talking. Go vote already!!

tbc said...

Love this tribal!!

monty924 said...

LMAO at this tribal council

Glenn Allen said...

This is a crazy Tribal Council. I hate they cut to commercial mid sentence with Kelly. I would go along with the Aurora plan if I was Kelly and David. Then the teaser with Julie. She said she will jump ship.

Joe in NY said...

OMG. That is crazy. Seems like they could have hashed that out at camp if they weren't all being so cagey.

monty924 said...

Exactly, Joe! It's crazy!

SueGee said...

I think the returning players have messed with the normal tribal interactions. They get one thing in their brains and no other thoughts

SueGee said...

Does David have a whole idol?

monty924 said...

We haven't either, Jeff!! LOL

Joe in NY said...

Seriously, JUlia? You shush war dog in the middle of this chaos.

Petals said...

I'm totally lost

Jenna G said...

Yep this one takes the cake!

monty924 said...

Joe, my pool girl isn't so smart! ;-)

Petals said...

wow

Jenna G said...

Ohhhhhhhhh

tbc said...

Wow

Glenn Allen said...

Should Kelly or David use an Idol? Kelly Should play hers maybe.

Petals said...

wasted idol(s)

monty924 said...

I'm gone, LOL

Glenn Allen said...

Julia out which is good Kelly saved her Idol.

Jenna G said...

Maybe not yet Monty...

monty924 said...

Of course she does, lol

Joe in NY said...

That was a perfect example of talking yourself out of the game. She was not on the radar except maybe with Kelly until she just couldn't lay low at tribal

monty924 said...

Yup!! I don't have any hope of her getting back in the game or winning. ugh

SueGee said...

I forgot to look...are they showing people at Ponderosa yet? Or when they put the white flag up they go home?

Jenna G said...

Gosh this goes so fast. Good night everyone! Jackie, thank you so very much! Hope everyone had a wonderful week!

Jackie S. said...

Thanks for coming by!

SueGee said...

See you all next week!! Bring snacks for two shows!!

Jackie S. said...

SueGee - No Ponderosa -- they're all on Extinction

Jackie S. said...

Only two have gone home out of all of them so far. That's nowhere near actual normal jury member numbers at Ponderosa.

monty924 said...

Thanks Jackie and everyone for the company. Will see you for next week's double header!!!

Shannon said...

Did David match the idol with Eric or Rick? I thought Rick had the half. Totally wasted but they flushed it out.

Nickelpeed said...

Wow, I just watched the episode. Julia did herself in. WOW!! I just wish they had gotten Ron. I just do not like him. I kind of feel sorry for Julia, but WOW!!