Thursday, July 08, 2021

BB23: Live Feeds Report into Thursday Dawn - July 8

 IF YOU HAVE NOT YET SIGNED UP FOR THE BLOG POOL, PLEASE GO TO THIS POST LINKED HERE TO JOIN IN ON THE FUN. IF YOU SIGNED UP ANYWHERE OTHER THAN THAT SIGN UP POST YOUR REQUEST WILL PROBABLY BE MISSED. SO, CHECK TO MAKE SURE YOUR REQUEST IS THERE! THE DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, BUT DO IT NOW!

Talking cows in the HOH room

Aha! A fresh season with fresh hamsters in the habitrail! Here's the first live feeds report and the latest from inside that Big Brother House of Diversity Dormice:

  • The feeds began on time at about 12:35AM ET despite the countdown clock saying they would start at 12:45. Good.
  • The music for blocked feeds is absolutely loud and horrible. It's like a disco thing with vocals calling to "turn it up." I have to keep turning it down or muting it all together.
  • There is no fish cam, no FOTH ... just a blue screen with fake bubbles for the feed blocks.
  • It was pretty confusing with so many in the house, often all talking at once with the feeds jerking mid-conversations to new conversations. Sheesh. I think I'm dizzy!
  • As I noted in my show post, this new diversity on the show is a boon for me as I can actually tell them apart and have the names right! 
  • Now, so much was happening conversation-wise that this report will not necessarily be in order. Be warned!
  • I'm going to call the duo of Christian and Travis the Hair Boyz. Those two are definitely gravitating together with Brent on the peripheral.
  • Meanwhile, Frenchie is gravitating to the women and, in particular, to the moms. He told Tiffany she's good and he will not nominate a mom or a woman.
  • Oh my.
  • Tiffany, Whitney and Frenchie discussed getting out power players, alpha males.
  • Tiffany, Whitney, Alyssa and Claire discussed a womans alliance.
  • Meanwhile, Claire, Hannan and Azah have formed an alliance.
  • Derek X wants to go with an alpha male alliance. I don't think that's smart this season.
  • Some played chess. Gah.
  • The Have Nots have to make their own BB Slop. They have the recipe. Nothing like putting salt in the wound, eh?
  • The Have Not Room itself is more accepted than in previous years. Apparently the house is hot and that room is nice and cool. All the beds "move" (like the boat bed is tipsy) but one. They decided to see how they felt in each bed and switch if need be.
  • Frenchie seems well-liked by all.
  • About the only two who seem to not totally fit in with the crowd or off on their own by choice would be The Hair Boyz -- Christian and Travis. 
  • Travis was the last picked for a team and seems a bit not meshing on the whole.
  • The Double Derek problem was solved by them deciding to call Derek F "Big D."
  • Derek X laughed about them picking two Dereks.
  • Christian and Brent are a bit worried about what Frenchie is thinking.
  • They should be.
  • Derek F or Big D is fitting in nicely. But I don't think his health is as good as he said in the intro to the show. I worry about him. I don't mean it meanly. I just noticed he was sweating in the house just sitting while no one else was sweating. That's not good. 
  • Kyland is also mingling well.
  • I think Frenchie is going to nominate Travis pretty much for sure. Then it might be Christian, possibly Brent. He says he has a true backdoor plan in mind, so I'm not sure.
  • Tiffany cooked dinner along with a few others, then cleaned the kitchen. For the "old lady" she's certainly making herself useful! 
  • Frenchie wants to break the stereotype of the South. Except for his accent, he seems to be doing that.
  • Xavier and Alyssa seem to click together. While some of the guys seem to be worried Xavier says he'll talk to Frenchie tomorrow.
  • Which is today.
  • And they were almost all up almost all night.
  • Some are still up now.
  • But I'm ready to nap ...

Well, BB TOLD us to gather!

The Have Not Room

Whitney is in good with Frenchie and Tiffany

The bathroom doesn't seat as many this season

Most hung out together for dinner

Settling in

No fish this season, just obnoxious music

Not all that in with the Hair Boyz

Feeds went live at 12:35 with 11 minutes left on the clock

22 comments:

Caela said...

After just 1 show, I think I like this cast more overall than the last few seasons. Everyone seems "normal-ish" and not just influencers who want to boost their social media presence. Hoping this feeling continues!!

Jackie S. said...

I feel the same. I think I'm more optimistic about this bunch than most recent seasons.

Chacha said...

Only one episode and night of feeds in I agree Caela-
I keep having to jump to pictures of the houseguests to remind myself who is who.
The cast is diverse and I do also think the "jocks" need to be careful.

Petals said...

Being unwell, I was awake at 3am so I "fed".
Frenchie is CRAZY!
Imagine Paulie and Caleb having a baby? That is Frenchie. Watch out, folks. Jus'sayin

Britini seemed to be working overtime to get in with all groups. Exhausting!
Besides the Mom Squad that Frenchie is trying to form (on Rock Star's behalf), there is a bromance of Travis & Derek X, maybe Kyland. They are trying to pick a "Victoria" to reverse-carry their alliance.

I like everyone except Frenchie. I love him for his animals, but his agenda suffocates it.

Xavier seems so cool.

But of course, all of this may change in 48 hours, LOL. No one actaully bears their souls (except Frenchie) on the first, so who knows?

Thank you Jackie.

Anonymous said...

I think it's hilarious hearing that the "alpha bros" are running around like lost chickens this season. You can see they're still gravitating towards each other, but they have less power this year than previous years and don't really know what to do. They're fading to the background already. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

~~~

Jackie S. said...

Oh ... I so disagree with you about Frenchie, Petals. I like him. I don't know how long he will last with his plans, but find his approach of wanting to work with the women and "kill off" the showmancers and alpha males refreshing! He's not doing it on Rockstar's behalf.

Jackie S. said...

Christian is going to have whiplash if he keeps flipping his curls.

Petals said...

Jackie, I hope Frenchie proves me wrong. I do. He is good to his animals,so I like him. But last night was no picnic.

I agree about Christian - he needs scarf lessons! He kept whipping his head like he just grew those curls? What's up with that? How can he not have a handle on his own head? LOL

Jackie S. said...

Lots of early risers this year ... well, second day at least. I would have such a headache if I kept flipping my head like Christian does. Ow.

PDX Granny said...

Thanks for the reports on the feeds, Jackie. I tried to watch them last night and lasted about 5 minutes, if even that! I still have to figure out who is who, and need to look at the photos to remember.

I confess, I'm the one who knows Whitney. Kinda sorta. We're both in the wedding industry in Portland, OR. My daughter and I do rentals and styling. She's been the makeup artist for some brides we've worked with, but since she's with the brides ahead of time, and we're on site setting up the wedding, we've never met face to face until now.

Whitney contacted us about helping her style a picnic for when she had her key reveal. We came up with a pretty cool boho type of set up with lots of pillows. We couldn't do the set up at the picnic because of covid - everyone there had to have a rapid covid test and the people allowed were limited. I heard it look great though. The only thing was the picnic was set up at in one part of the park, and the production crew set up their cameras in a different part, not realizing where the picnic was taking place. Bummer none of our decor and styling showed. :-( That's also why it only showed her with her kids on the grass.

It was interesting to see first hand a bit of the behind the scenes, even though we weren't on site.

Oh, and Whitney didn't look the same last night as she did when we met her. For one, she didn't have her hair in braids, but she also looked a bit slimmer in real life. Maybe that was because of the dress she was wearing. I don't think it was the most flattering. She actually reminded me a bit of Britney Spears.

chrob61 said...

Hi y'all- I am definitely on Team Frenchie- I hope I get him in the pool!!

After watching 1 episode, it seems that the producers really are trying to fix what has hampered previous seasons. So far, I like that they are playing in teams and also like Julie's double or nothing twist at the end. Can't wait 'til Sunday!! Still trying to get to know the names!!

Petals said...

Hey PDX -

I agree - Whitney appeared different than she did on her pre-show pics/videos. She seems very open to a showmance...

How many kids does she have?
Thank you for your backstory! Cool!

Jackie S. said...

Yay! They seem to be back to the old theme music for the feeds blocks. That "turn it up" was HORRIBLE.

Jackie S. said...

It's not surprising that Christian and Brent show up in the morning shirtless when all the rest of the guys have shirts on.

Petals said...

Jackie - I knew you'd hate the new music, it was terrible! Rave? Who knows? I wish there were at least fish!

PDX Granny said...

Petals, Whitney has 2 boys. They came with her to the warehouse, and were really well behaved! I thought she said they're 4 and 7, but last night she said she's been a single mom for 5 years. Maybe she and her ex split while she was pregnant? Based on their looks, there's no doubt both boys are theirs. Ken, her ex is the one who returned the rentals. He was super nice, and seemed like a great dad. He had the boys with him and they were as well behaved for him as they were for Whitney. Their interaction was really cute. The younger boy had a bubble gun and kept shooting him with bubbles.

Oh, and if you like eye candy, you'd LOVE Ken!

Petals said...

Thanks PDX ! Good to know!

Chacha said...

I was loving frenchie= but today he is all over the place. Not sure how his "spot" doesnt' get blown up.

CherryPie said...

Im team frenchy...i dint know he just seems nice and grounded hope hes my pool pick! Thanks Jackie again for ur input It makes the season a blast.

Cheryl in NC said...

Pdx thanks for the info on Whitney.Hope she does well in the game! Did you get the chance to talk to her about being a bb fan?

PDX Granny said...

Hi Cheryl in NC. We didn't really have much time to talk about BB. When she first called she said she was involved with some kind of TV show, but because of the non-disclosure agreement she signed, she couldn't say which one. She said if we also signed an agreement she could tell us. It wasn't until almost the end of her meeting that I asked if she had one for us to sign. She forgot to bring them with her, but said if we promised and swore on our lives not to say anything, she'd tell us. We swore! She was really excited about it and sounded as if she was really familiar with the show. I should have asked her if she followed Jackie!

Anonymous said...

Frenchie has lost his mind!
~~~