Thursday, July 01, 2021

BB23: Meet the Cast - Part 2 of 2

 If you missed the first part of my cast photos/info, you can find it right at this link here. Without further ado, I present the remaining eight hamsters --

Derek Xiao

Say what? Another Derek? Two spelled the same way and not like previous BB winner Derrick? This Derek is 24. His hometown is Baltimore, MD and he's currently living in NYC. He's a start-up founder. Azah in my Part 1 is also from Baltimore, but six years older. Again, like Philadelphia, a big city and they probably do not know each other. He sounds kind of interesting. He started a company that ships meal kits from food influencers, rented and crashed a citi-bike to compete in a triathlon in college, took hip-hop dance lessons and was 1 of 2 Asian kids in his high school graduating class. Sounds all kinds of new wavy, right? 


Hannah Chaddha

Hannah is a very young'un -- nope, no diversity in ages, for sure. She's 21. She's from Chicago, IL and still lives there. She's a graduate student. Oh ... she's a competitive hip-hop dancer! She can give Derek X lessons! She says (without going on and on about it, Britini) that she graduated university at 19. The way that's phrased sounds like not in the US. Her parents are from South Africa and India, so possibly abroad. She can hold her breath for 90 seconds and used to be a personal stylist. It sounds like she might be good at both mental and physical comps.


Kyland Young


Ohh ... one of the older ones. Kyland is 29 but will turn 30 on the 13th. He's an account executive (?) originally from San Bernardino now living in Venice Beach, both CA. He's read all the Twilight books (so impressive), has four sisters, has seen every Best Picture Oscar film for the last 20 years (again, achievement!), sneaks into Comic Con with a fake police badge in costume because it can be done, went to sky-diving school, thinks he's a Jedi (no, he's NOT Howie of BB6!), works for an app company that helps students find finances for their schooling. Well, he might be one of the "older" hamsters but most mature? Probably not!


Sarah Steagall


Sarah is 27, will be 28 on August 9. She's originally from Boiling Springs, SC and currently resides in Ft. Myers, Fl. She's a forensic scientist. Born with a speech impediment, she couldn't communicate clearly until she was seven. Although a chemist, she's a horrible cook and cannot follow a recipe. She has moth/butterfly phobia. She's into cosplay and apparently is very creative with styling, props and sewing. I'm not seeing anything physical listed. She may or may not be good at comps. I hope she realizes that she will need to clean since she can't cook and, if you do nothing around the house, you become very expendable.


Tiffany Mitchell

Here's the "old" hamster! Yes, indeed. She's, get this, 40. She will be 41 on August 5. I hope she packed her Geritol. She's a phlebotomist from Detroit MI and still in Detroit. She loves cats, especially her own two cats. That's really how it should be. She's obsessed with horoscopes, does voice impersonations of friends and family and her favorite color is Tiffany Blue. Hmm. I like blue and I like cats. But none of this gives me any kind of hint how she will do in the house.


Travis Long

Travis is 22, originally from Austin TX now living in Honolulu HA. He's a tech sales consultant (and I bet surfer). He's an author who has published books available on Amazon. I'll have to check him out. He's almost fluent in Spanish due to soccer and growing up in Costa Rica. He says he's started up many businesses since high school and has been sued by "massive titans of industry." Hmm. Sketchy stuff? He's into pranks and spearing fish for dinner multiple times per week. Oh, gee, sounds like quite the free spirit, doesn't he?


Whitney Williams

Whitney is 30, a make-up artist hailing from Portland OR and still residing there. Now, we will be having a blog pool but we need to band together for her success this season. She's a friend of one of our original blog community people! For all I know, she might have even been a regular reader here. If the person who knows her speaks up, fine. Otherwise, we just all root for her! She was named after Whitney Houston, but cannot sing. Her company won a Best in Oregon award only three years after she started it. She can wiggle her nose like a bunny. Now, if she were older she would say like Samantha! She developed her own Tillamook ice cream flavor -- white chocolate raspberry -- and it's available in stores that carry that brand. Remember ... blog wide cheering but you will still be assigned a random hamster if you join the pool.


Xavier Prather

Xavier is 27, an attorney originally from Kalamazoo MI now residing in Milwaukee WI. Oh my gosh. He has ten siblings. His poor parents! He was born with a severe clubfoot and learned to walk in a cast. He did a cross-cultural study in Scotland and England. That sounds great! I think I'm jealous! He does not like coffee. He gives us nothing on physical stuff but in the photo looks very fit. He also must be smart to have made it through law school and pass the bar. Plus he's attractive. He can stay around ... unless he's obnoxious, that is.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don’t even think I remember being 40 lol it’s not Big Brother it’s like Logan’s Run and yes I know I just made myself more older using that reference lol I do like the diversity of the cast and them being all new, now if they could throw in a few more anchients and double stuffs like myself I’d be tempted to apply lol

Petals said...

I hate them all. It's just too much

(I remember Logans Run - Farrah, baby!)

Cheryl in NC said...

Ha I remember Logans Run too..lol. Hopefully we will have a better season than the last few. I am glad its all newbies and more diversity,but it would be nice if ages were more diverse.Looking forward to the start of our summer summer addiction..haha
Jackie when will you have the pool sign up? I don't want to miss it.
ps--Go whitney!!maybe she will give you a shout out Jackie!!!

Jackie S. said...

I'll be posting the blog pool sign up Friday. At least no one is going home the first night. Other than age, I like the diversity in the cast.

PDX Granny said...

I can not tell a lie. It is I!
Let's get this season going!

Petals said...

This is a friend of PDX?

Wintermute said...

Ugh! No better today! I wonder if it's lack of us over-50 folks auditioning.... If so, maybe I'll send something in for next season ;)

Petals said...

I read an article that named the recruits v the fans. Interesting. Over half of this season are recruits from TikTok & such, and were familiar only with the 2 seasons they were shown in sequester.

CherryPie said...

Hello everyone...happy summer and so glad we got another season of BB.

Nickelpeed said...

Jon, you made me laugh. Logan's Run is one of my very favorite movies. LOL

Jackie, I'll come back to look for the pool blog.

Penny

Jackie S. said...

Petals - I saw a YouTube of a Black guy pointing out how they don't get "real" Black people and bringing up the statistics of the show's history of over 50% of the Black men on the show were gay versus reality that a much lower percentage of the Black male population is gay. The guy was a superfan, apparently applying for years and not getting called. He claims the last "real" Black man on the show was Will Mega on BB1. This season's casting for the first time didn't have its usual Robin Kass running the show. But, we need to face it ... plain ordinary people of any color is not what they're going to cast. They will always seek "characters." If people are bothered that much by it, they don't need to watch.

Anonymous said...

Jackie I would love to see a link or know the name of that video.

I am holding my judgement on the contestants until I see one or two episodes. Whenever people analyze from the pre-season they get it all wrong. Nick Maccarone and Jack "Aquaman" Mathews were fan favorites until we saw how they behaved. People had high hopes for David both his seasons. They always surprise us.

~~~

Jackie S. said...

~~~ It was this YouTube channel but now that I look at the channel, it's chockful of BB23 frustration videos. I don't know which one! It was just a video that came up when I was checking for cast interviews -- https://www.youtube.com/c/MetroDee/videos

Jackie S. said...

Petals - Look at her avatar. "Kick ass Whit" -- could it be PDX?

QuixoticElf said...

Should be interesting. I like that the ages aren't too far apart. I feel that once you have too many age gaps that people tend to gravitate towards those that are their own age. I think the only way to manage that would be to intentionally recruit 3 smaller age groups. Like 20-25. 30-35 and 50+. And that would of course be discriminatory. So, unfortunately I don't think there will ever be diversity in age. Again, just my thoughts. Or, maybe 1 person for every five years of age??? IDK....

Terry is a Texan! said...

Jumping in this pool from the deep end! What a diverse and good looking cast
I’m more excited than I should be🎉

Jackie S. said...

Terry - Go to the sign up post!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jackie!
~~~

Cheryl in NC said...

Sweet! We will all be cheering her own!!