Wednesday, July 07, 2021

BB23: What Goes On With This Here Blog

 



IF YOU HAVE NOT YET SIGNED UP FOR THE BLOG POOL, PLEASE GO TO THIS POST LINKED HERE TO JOIN IN ON THE FUN. IF YOU SIGNED UP ANYWHERE OTHER THAN THAT SIGN UP POST YOUR REQUEST WILL PROBABLY BE MISSED. SO, CHECK TO MAKE SURE YOUR REQUEST IS THERE! THE DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, BUT DO IT NOW!

While the BB motto is "Expect the Unexpected," this blog runs pretty much as expected each season. Here's what you can expect"

  • Bullet points. Expect them. A lot.
  • Blog parties during aired shows East Coast Time. During those posts, I live blog the show, constantly updating the entry with major happenings. In the comments area, there's a party going on -- sometimes discussing the show, sometimes discussing snacks. I only ask that long, heated debates (politics, for example) are not discussed. 
  • I ask that spoilers are not posted on the show posts as some people who follow them do not follow the live feeds.
  • Expect spoilers in every post that is not show post.
  • I post at least one, often more live feeds reports each day. Since the live feeds are live not taped like most of the shows, expect spoilers.
  • I'm only one person, so I don't post every breath they take in the house.
  • I post things which catch my interest, news about comp wins and more in the live feed reports. Often blog readers may also chime in with something they saw.
  • Each live feed report will have some screen caps from the live feeds.
  • Since there aren't dozens (hundreds?) of people updating this blog, wins and such can be taken as fact. I don't post rumors and if I see false information in a comment, that comment gets removed.
  • Although I hang a bit in Twitter, I don't post much content there. I do immediately post all blog entry links on both my Twitter and my Big Brother related Facebook page which are both under STUFF in the right sidebar.
 What I expect from YOU:
  • You can like or dislike any hamster this season, but please don't treat the fellow commenters poorly.
  • A post about a hamster is much different than a post about fans of said hamster.
  • Please use actual names or widely-accepted names for the hamsters in comments so people (like me) know to whom you're referring. For example, calling someone Vincent because you think he's a cool cat would just confuse everybody. So, no off the cuff nicknames, please.
  • While mocking behavior of the hamsters is one thing -- after all, they agreed to be in the public eye -- I ask that posts about things they can't control like weight, height, etc. that are out of their control not be made. Such comments might be deleted.
  • Any hate speech is deleted.
  • Do NOT respond to trolls. During shows, I might not get to read comments until commercials or the end of the show. When a troll comes in and posts mocking us all, it's more work to delete a gazillion protests from blog defenders. I appreciate the support, but …! Trust me, I catch the troll posts and any identity cloning people and delete the posts.
  • I ask that comments be kept to a PG level. Just because the hamsters have potty-mouths, we don't need to do so. I have this blog set with Google for all ages and not adult content. I want to keep that setting.
Last, but not least …

For those of you who have asked, my health still is an issue. I never did return to work at my fulltime job after my back surgery.

That said, I do appreciate any donations you can make to the blog if you enjoy the coverage and community provided here. Unlike many sites who receive money from CBS Paramount+ subscriptions and such, I only get a smidgen from advertising revenue. I do put a lot of effort into the blog and it gives me warm fuzzies to see donations! (Plus it helps with the bills!) Now that I've hit you up for that -- if you do not have CBS Paramount+ and want to sign up for it, go to my ol' buddy Dingo at hamsterwatch.com and get them through her. 

May the best hamster win!

6 comments:

T-Town Chick said...

Thanks Jackie. Let’s have a great summer

Sally said...

I just sent a donation your way, Jackie. Thanks for all you do with this blog. Here's hoping for an entertaining season--some of the houseguests look like they could be fun to root for.

Jackie S. said...

Thank you so much, Sally! I think this season definitely has possibilities!

Petals said...

Yes, thanks for your hard work!

QuixoticElf said...

Jackie, Thank you for all you do!!!!! So appreciate you ❤️

Janice said...

Thanks for everything you do Jackie!! I've followed you and enjoy your blog on BB more than anyone else's. Next, going to find how to give you a donation!!
Again, THANKS
Janice from GA