Thursday, January 27, 2022

Celebrity Big Brother 3 Cast Announced

 


It would be nice if they could get real celebrities for the show, but it is what it is. And, here we go:

Cynthia Bailey from Real Housewives of Atlanta. I don't watch any of the Real Housewives shows, so I have no clue. From the link I include here, I found out that she's 54-years-old, was a runway model in the 80s and has acting experience which includes a few films and an appearance on The Cosby Show. Maybe we'll get some skinny on the Cosby situation!


Todd Bridges, best known as a child actor and the only surviving original cast member of the television show Diff'rent Strokes. More recently, but not that recently, he had a recurring role on Everybody Hates Chris. He had a very successful youth acting career but things went spotty as he got into law kerfuffles and drugs as he got older. He seems to like these "celeb" game shows. He's 56. At least I know who he is!


Todrick Hall. Apparently, he made the semi-finals on American Idol 9, but I don't remember him. But I do know who he is because he's the one who opened his home to the BB23 cast for more than a few weeks after the season ended. He is a YouTube "star," has a Broadway and choreography background as well as singing. I know he's generous with his home and it's definitely a nice one. He's 36.



Chris Kattan. Ah, I know who this one is! Saturday Night Live. He was the character Mango on the show. Who could forget that? Eep. He was on the show from 1996 to 2003. I guess a lot of people could forget him. I don't know much of what he's been doing, but looking through his bio it says he was raised in a Zen retreat. That's different. He's 51.


Chris Kirkpatrick. Okay, I kind of know who he is/was. He was in the boy band NSYNC. At least I know the group! I was a bit older and didn't catch that particular boy band wave. He's 50 years-old now making me feel like ancient history. I guess he had a solo career and he owns some production company. I suppose it's fitting that he's on this D List ... or should I say Z List of "celebrities."


Carson Kressley. Oh! Oh! I know who he is! Queer Eye for the Straight Guy! He was also on a season of Celebrity Apprentice, Dancing With the Stars and seems to have had a run on these "celeb" shows. I seem to recall him as kind of witty. But it's been a number of years since I've seen him be him. He's 51-years-old.



Teddi Mellencamp. Or Teddi Jo Mellencamp. Or Teddi Mellencamp Arroyave. I guess three seasons on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. As I stated before, I don't watch the "Housewives" shows. So, I don't know. Her name caught my eye -- she is the daughter of John Mellencamp. I know who he is! She claims to be an "accountability coach." That just might be interesting on the feeds. She's 40-years-old.


Shanna Moakler. Beauty contestant and Playboy Playmate of the Month back in 2001. I have never heard of her. So, anything I say here I just learned reading about her in the link I posted. She used to be married to the drummer of Blink-182. Apparently, she had some rather interesting relationships with Billy Idol, Oscar De La Hoya and Dennis Quaid. Not at the same time, I don't think. Can you say showmance? She's 46.


Mirai Nagasu. Nope. Don't know her. Ah, an Olympic figure skater. I guess unless there's a scandal with them, I don't know them! Looking through her bio on Wikipedia, she seems extremely accomplished in her field. I feel guilty not knowing who she is. She was on Dancing With the Stars, another show I don't watch. So far, she's the baby of the cast at 28.



Lamar Odum. Now, I vaguely know this one. I know he's a basketball player. But, until I just read it, I could not say what team. He's originally from here in the NYC area and attended a school in Troy, NY (my old stomping grounds). Oh. He was married to Khloe Kardashian (who I also don't follow). He isn't married to her any longer. Smart man. Get out of that! He's 42.



Miesha Tate. Nope. I have no clue. Okay ... mixed martial arts. Women's Bantamweight Champion. Oh. Like I would know that, I guess! I don't follow women's fighting at all. I don't know what to say about her other than no one better make her go mad. She's 35. 

10 comments:

Jennasmom said...

Well, we know the same amount of stuff about each of them. I used to enjoy Carson on QE. He was pretty funny. The others…meh. Guess we’ll see how it plays out.

Anonymous said...

Both Carson and Toddrick are consistent contributors on Rupauls Drag Race .

Petals said...

Hmmm. Better than the rumored cast!
I will watch, because I like Chris Kattan.

and I miss you guys.

Thanks Jackie!

Luckysmom said...

They picked the 2 most boring housewives to ever be on tv. Cynthia is very wishy washy and Teddi is well....let's say watching paint dry is more interesting. Looking forward to your recaps!

Michelle C said...

Big Brother Ego Edition. Everybody trying to outdo everybody. Eh, I'll pass.

Mike Barer said...

I tried Big Brother a few times. Just can't do it.

Leigh said...

Anybody remember celebrity surreal life with Tammy Faye baker, Ron Jeremy and vanilla ice? Some of these celebs had terrible falls from grace. Odium-moakley should be interesting because they both have kardashian connection,.

Sharon N said...

Of those listed, I recognize:
Todd Bridges -- But never watched any of his shows.
Toddrick Hall -- from AI
Kris Kattan -- from SNL
Carson Kressley -- from QE (a funny guy)
Mirai Nagasu -- because I'm addicted to the Olympics.
Lamar Odum -- Sounds familiar, probably because of his bouncyball career.

Judi Sweeney said...

I’m looking forward to how all of these mesh! Thank you Jackie!!!

David said...

Don't recognize or have heard of a single one of them. lol
I wish they would do a regular season of BB with this age range, weighted heavily towards the older crowd.