Tuesday, January 04, 2022

The Amazing Race 33: Meet the Teams Part 2

Not only do we have the "Internet Famous Three" teams I already spoke about in my previous post, but we do also have some other teams who might be well-known by some. Not by me, but by some!

CARO AND RAY

I don't watch Love Island, so I have/had no idea that these two were on the show. He is part of my shout-out for New Jersey in the house as he's from Toms River. No, there is no apostrophe in Toms. I didn't create the town. I'm not responsible.



RYAN AND DUSTY

Ryan has an interesting albeit kind of tragic backstory and is probably famous around Columbus, Missouri. The case was also fodder for many investigative television shows. I looked up the arrest and incarceration along with its eventual innocent outcome after ten years in jail. Eep. You can check that out here at the Wikipedia article about it.



LULU AND LALA

More Jersey in the house! That said, I don't ever listen to IHeart radio, so I have never heard of these twins. Now, this could just be me and I might be just a bit too judgmental, but I find the names Lala and Lulu just a tad cringe-worthy. They are very identical. I know right now when one is doing a Roadblock I will be stymied which one if I miss it listed on screen.



ARUN AND NATALIA

There is something about father/daughter teams which make me smile. Had life been different decades (scores!) ago, I would have loved to run the race with my own father. Due to Covid, I doubt we'll see his stickshift skills in India; hopefully he has taught her how to drive manual. She has watched the show since the age of eight with her Dad. Hopefully the Superfan sense will kick in for them!



Have you signed up for the blog pool yet?
If not, make sure you sign up at THIS HERE LINK.

1 comment: