Wednesday, July 06, 2022

Big Brother: BB24 Season Premiere Blog Party

 


Good evening! It's here ... our summer guilty pleasure. Just a few things before we get started:

  • I'm still not in great health but hopefully will be able to stay out of the hospital. I'm swamped with medical bills. So, if you wish to donate, now would be a great time!
  • I discussed -- with photos -- the new hamsters (no returning players) in posts here, here and here. The alternate hamster replacing one is here.
  • We, the people (as opposed to them the hamsters) will have some kind of vote/input starting tonight.
  • There is no eviction show tomorrow night. The next show is Sunday.
  • The blog pool sign-up post is at this here link. That is the only place to sign up for it -- anywhere else might be missed. The cut off is Friday noon PT, 3PM ET.
  • Apparently, the theme is some sort of BB Fest at a BB Motel. Um. Okay.
  • The live feeds are supposed to come on after the show airs on the West Coast. My first report probably won't be until morning.
  • Tonight's show is 90 minutes followed by a 90-minute season premiere of The Challenge. I will most likely watch the latter but won't be live-blogging it. Since it's mostly contestants from the shows we watch, I can set up a post and add a bit of commentary now and then if you want. Let me know.
  • Forgive me as I stumble over names for a while until I get to know who's whom. The cast reveal yesterday hasn't given me much time to get used to them.
Let's get this thing going!

Oh ... Julie is wearing a purple dress! Now, that's different. The house is a motel them. The prize remains the higher $750,000. Julie promises us a festival-themed summer called BB Fest.

The first four hamsters are revealed. Jasmine ran a farm but now has a nails business. Her father wanted her to be on the show but has passed away. Kyle makes dancing videos with his mother. He's unemployed and no longer Mormon. He lives with his parents. Paloma runs on the beach. She has her real estate license and is single. Monte has a degree in mechanical engineering but is a personal trainer. He thinks he is brawn and brains.

Julie tells them there are four stations with tickets to BB Fest. They are to grab one each. The stations each seem to have four tickets. Then they head to the backyard at Julie's direction. Three hot spots -- the PortaPotties - Paloma. Jasmine gets PortPotties, too. Monte, too. Kyle, too. 

Time for the next four. Alyssa writes poetry and is fun and outgoing. Big show fan. Danie is an Elvis tribute artist and loves his work. Fan of the show and even watched the live feeds. Taylor was Miss Michigan USA and is very competitive. Michael is a criminal defense attorney. He's a MENSA member. Has watched BB since he was eight years old.

They're sent in the house to grab their tickets to BB Fest. Julie calls them to the backyard to scan their tickets. Michael gets the Merch Stand. Alyssa gets Merch as well. Taylor gets the Piercing Tent. Daniel gets Merch Stand.

Next four. Nicole is a private chef and ex-police officer. She is a lesbian. Turner is an artist and owns his own thrift store. He did a van life thing, too. Joseph is a lawyer and personal trainer. He is really muscular. He's Syrian/Palestinian. Brittany is a hypnotherapist and belly-dancer. She is a big show fan but will play funny, goofy.

They gather their tickets.To the backyard. Nicole gets PortaPotties. Brittany gets Piercing Tent. Turner also gets Piercing Tent. Joseph also gets it.

Last four now ... finally. Terrance is a bus driver in Chicago. He DJs after work. His family watches BB, Indy is from Brazil, has been here for nine years. She came here for a better life. She was a big fan of BB Brazil. Pooch or Joe Pooch is a college football coach. He and his mother have bonded over BB for years. Ameerah works for Google, works from home. Her family had to struggle but she thinks it made her strong.

The last four go in the house to get their tickets. To the backyard. Terrance gets Piercing Tent. Indy to the Merch Stand. Pooch gets a Backstage Boss. He has to take the spiral staircase upstairs and take a seat. Ameerah gets Merch Stand.

Three competitions. Pooch will not compete in any of them tonight.

The first competition is with the PortaPotties peeps. Potty Talk. They are all sitting in individual PortaPotties. They overhear comments and lock in answers for four rounds until one remains. Uh-oh they have to put on goggles. Which word was said the most times? All answered right except Paloma who got blasted with blue. Second round - All right but Jasmine answered last, so she is eliminated. Nicole out on the third round. Last round Both got it right but Monte was faster. Monte will compete in HOH comp.

Piercing Tent comp. Piercing Panic. Ten pieces of jewelry must correctly attach them to their faces. Oh my. Turner wins.

Merch Stand comp. Hanging Tough. Hang on to t-shirt above them, they will be lifted. Last one still hanging on wins after the rest fall. Daniel wins.

So, it's Monte, Turner and Daniel for HOH comp. But the Backstage Boss might change everything (teaser before commercial).

HOH Drumming For Power. The three have to assemble drum sets. Daniel wins the first HOH!

Julie tells them that Pooch will be backstage all week long, won't compete in any comps and won't vote. He cannot be evicted. Expect the unexpected. How Backstage Boss affects the others. He can send three others backstage. The three have the same perks he has, but they are not safe like he is. 

Pooch chooses the ones out first in the comps. Paloma, Alyssa and Brittany. Huh. The three cannot be nominated but may still go home. The public will save one of them by voting on the CBS website.

114 comments:

jo C said...

hi Jackie and vincent and Iam sooooooooo happy to be back with my BB family.Jackie i can relate with you about your health and hope o get better and stronger

T-Town Chick said...

Let’s go!

monty924 said...

Ready here......

~~~~SPLASH~~~~

monty924 said...

Hi Jackie, jo C and T-Town

jo C said...

hey monty how u doing?

monty924 said...

Doing well, jo C! How are you? I've missed everyone here.

Anonymous said...

Hello Jackie!!!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmooooooonnnnnntttttyyyyyy lol

Petals said...

*~*~*~*~*~ SPLASH *~*~*~*~*

Jackie!! It is a blessing to have you home, feeling better (I hope!) Thank you for our pool.

MONTY! hey friend

Hi everyone!

I have 2 watermelons, but am too clumsy to slice them...And of course, plenty
of cool STELLA!

Anonymous said...

Hello Jo C and T-Town!!

Caela said...

Hello everyone!!!

Anonymous said...

Petals!!!!

Anonymous said...

It’s so good to see everyone and continue to get better Jackie !!!

monty924 said...

Jooooonnnnn and Petals!!! I've missed blogging with you guys. I bailed on the last Survivor season pretty early on. Just didn't interest me.

Glad to be back in the pool for this SUMMER

monty924 said...

I like Monte... close to my nic

monty924 said...

I missed it... who was the first one in the door?

Petals said...

Do they even cast anyone over 30 anymore?

Anonymous said...

I’m here!!
Still having Google issues!
Jennifer S

Petals said...

Marvin left, but I read it was by choice. To go on AGT

Petals said...

Hey JON!

Anonymous said...

I have missed you all as well , is she wearing a flamingo ? I just caught glimpse lol

Petals said...

My dad LOVED Big Brother too, and passed in January. Now he & my mom can watch from up there...

I like the ex Mormon!
Paloma seems like an Alyssa 2.0

monty924 said...

Lol, Jon. Looks like a flamingo. Petals, there's a guy who is like 47, I think that's it, this season.

Anonymous said...

Hey Caela and Jennifer

Petals said...

Monty is cool

Jackie S. said...

Marvin was already on AGT. He apparently isn't making it further than the next taped show. Have you signed up for the pool yet?

Anonymous said...

Petals I’m so sorry to hear that 🥺

monty924 said...

Yes, Terrance is 47 and four others are over 30.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh she a poet and she know it lol

Petals said...

Hey - "Monty" is cool. Our Monty is cooler, tho

monty924 said...

Lol, Petals... I'm blushing ***mwah***

Petals said...

I JUST saw the pool thing and threw myself in, hope it isn't too late?


For anyone who has never watched The Challenge (which has been only on MTV for decades), it is a combination of BB & Survivor. The endurance, the tasks, the ...well, challenges are nuts. Then they all go back into a house to fight it out socially. If you enjoy BB & Survivor, I hope you'll take a peek at The Challenge :)

Jackie S. said...

They're dragging out this opening to things ...

Anonymous said...

I swear I posted a comment a while ago and it’s gone now or I’m actually gaslighting myself at this point lol

MikesGirl said...

I don’t always like Julie’s attire, but I love the purple fringed dress. Sorry, I’m a few minutes behind live.

monty924 said...

Half of my posts are even showing up here... ugh

Petals said...

I JUST saw the pool post and threw myself in, Jackie. Hope I wasn't too late.

monty924 said...

Jon, it isn't just you...

Anonymous said...

No one can ever use more carrots not even candy coated ones lol

Petals said...

Mikes - I love her dress as well! (Wimbledon purple!)

I had a post disappear, too. ( which was about giving the Challenge a chance - you may LOVE it! That show has been around longer than BB & Survivor)

Anonymous said...

Ok thank gosh. I mean I’m crazy but I do try and pull myself together for ypu guys lol

MikesGirl said...

Monte is just north of local. Interesting…

Petals said...

Agree, Jackie. I like the old way - a swarm and champagne roundtable

monty924 said...

Half of my posts have disappeared... ugh

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jackie. Thank you for hosting us. Praying for better health for you.

Hi jo-C, T-town, Monty, Jon, and Petals

Anonymous said...

I'm excited for the Challenge. It's one of my fav shows!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mikes and Nickel!!!

Petals said...

My mom-n-law reads this blog, so... HEY ANGIE! I LOVE YOU!

Nickelpeed said...

Hi MikesGirl and Anon

monty924 said...

Hi Penny!! Hope you see this before it disappears, lol

Anonymous said...

She needs to make someone act like a chicken or you will throw the HOH, you will throw the HOH lol

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Caela.

Petals said...

me too Anon! Do you watch All Stars? Did you see who just won??

Jackie S. said...

Just to let you know -- I have not removed any posts. Do you want me to set up a post for The Challenge? I won't be live-blogging it, but will speak up now and then.

Petals said...

"Being trained" as an attorney? Not in law school? So...a paralegal.

Anonymous said...

We know that you wouldn’t unless it was something rude Jackie, maybe I just need to log out and back in. It was more of me thinking I’m crazier then I am lol oh my gosh it’s your Poooch Jackie lol

Petals said...

Jackie - maybe wait to see how many people stay tuned to watch it (are you going to watch? It's really good...they are the MTV, Survivor and BB alumni)

I would see how much interest people have after tonight. Because it'd be a LOT to follow. (but oh, how I love it, LOL)

Sharon N said...

Hi everyone! As always, I'm late to the party. lol
Show isn't on here for another 20 minutes, so I'm catching up via Jackie. :)

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jackie and Everyone!

Petals said...

JOn - I think the ghost posts were just a glitch in the Blogasphere.

Petals said...

hey Glenn! Long time, no chat!

Glenn Allen said...

My computer had froze up

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Petals. Yes it has been a long time.

Anonymous said...

Glennnnn!!!!

Petals said...

I think this is the first time in 24 yrs that Wimbledon & BB were the same time. It's like nirvana for me, heehee.

Anonymous said...

We have our first integrity and honor spoken lol

monty924 said...

All of my posts but two at the beginning are gone. I'll see you all next show.

NIght Jackie. Hope you continue to mend and feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Night Monty !!!

jo C said...

LOL petals thats like me and football and watching BB

Petals said...

Jackie - is the donation box still open to keep the pool clean and the liquor stocked? I'd like to contribute, b/c I tend to clean-out the liquor cabinet HAHA

tbc said...

Pooch?

Anonymous said...

That was the entire shows budget on the chair lol

tbc said...

Aww poor pooch

Glenn Allen said...

Pooch the Back Yard Boss.

Nickelpeed said...

Hi tbc! Yea, Pooch sounds like a coache's pet name. LOL.

Glenn Allen said...

I am looking forward to the Challenge as well

Jackie S. said...

tbc - His last name is Pucharelli (sp)

Petals said...

His real name is Puccirelli or something like that, so Pooch is a nickname.

Petals said...

jinx!


TEEEEEEBBB!

Petals said...

Pooch is Cody 2.0

Anonymous said...

Ok I cleared history and logged back in let’s hope that fixed things.

Caela said...

They really are dragging this out. The episode could have been an hour!

Glenn Allen said...

their poor outfits getting messed up

tbc said...

Thanks, Jackie… I was a little nervous. Lol

Petals said...

Jackie - is the donation box still open? I think I've cleaned-out your liquor cabinet, and I dropped my Baby Ruth in the pool.
I'd like to make reparations.

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Glenn!

Anonymous said...

Where Hooch lol

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Penny.

Jackie S. said...

It always is, Petals. And needed now more than ever. Thank you.

Jackie S. said...

How are they going to fit all of this in before 9:30?

Petals said...

When do live feeds begin?
I'm predicting the Elvis guy and the poetry chick will be the ones who stay awake for it. They are the ones seeking "followers" or whatever the kids are calling it. LOL

Jackie S. said...

The feeds begin after the show airs on West Coast. 12:30 AM ET

Anonymous said...

I’ve missed most of show trying to figure out the posting issue. Hopefully it’s just weird glitch thing.

Petals said...

I'm sure it's just a glitch. (hope)

tbc said...

Petals, we have to clear the pool now! Drain it and eat the baby Ruth… lol

RJM in SC said...

The competitions didn’t seem fair to me. Getting covered in paint, hanging by their arms compared to putting on earrings????

Joe in NY said...

Hi folks. What did I miss?

Petals said...

Weird. Pooch says "y'all", "yes maam" and has a twang. Not at all a Staten Island accent. Hmmm

Anonymous said...

The extra backstage passes don't make sense at all to me?

Oh...now that I think about it, is it basically a punishment for them??

Also, did I miss the pool again this years??

~~~

Glenn Allen said...

What does Pooch do? He will be making 3 Enemies just like an HOH.

Anonymous said...

Petals, he lives in Florida so...
~~~

Jackie S. said...

Petals - He's been in Florida for four years.

Jackie S. said...

Anon tildes - the pool sign up link is in the main blog post for here.

Petals said...

JOOOOOOOEEEEEE.

This entire ep has been weird. And Blogger is ghosting posts, so many things people type is disappearing seconds after appearing. It's not Jackie...it's happening to everyone.

Petals said...

LOL Teeb (just saw it)

Anonymous said...

Thank you!

~~~

Petals said...

Well, at least he is doing it as fairly as possible

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jackie!!! Feel better and hopefully I can figure out why comments are not showing here. Everyone have nice night and stay safe!!!

Petals said...

Ahh..Florida. Sounds like the panhandle. That makes more sense :)

Petals said...

G'nite everyone! XOXOXO

Nickelpeed said...

Thank you, Jackie! Very appreciated!

See everyone Sunday

Jackie S. said...

Thank you for coming!

Auntie Leigh said...

Well, show not even on west coast yet but it is good to see all the old familiar names. Thx for hosting Jackie. Glad you are finally well enough. I miss Vincent.

Anonymous said...

If this is live ...how do they have diary room sessions?? (Watching DVR)