Wednesday, September 21, 2022

The Amazing Race: TAR34 Season Premiere Blog Party

 


Good evening! Welcome to the blog party for the season premiere of The Amazing Race 34! In promos, they're showing the racers starting off in Munich, Germany. That's first -- starting out somewhere outside the United States. They still have Covid protocols and the private jet (or airplane, whatever). So, that means every leg will be a bit of a bunching point. The promos also have it that there will be NO non-philimination legs this season. I think I saw something about U-Turns being gone, as well.

Since we are skipping the first boots, the Survivor and The Amazing Race blog pools are both still open for sign-up until Friday. But don't wait! The Survivor blog pool sign-up is this here linkThe Amazing Race blog pool sign-up is this link.

I will be live-blogging tonight's show the best I can. I can't promise perfection, mind you. I am not all that familiar with the cast and won't really know them for a few weeks. But I should get all the major happenings down. Refresh the page to get the latest update. As always, the real party is in the comments area. I hope to see you there!

Race watchers ready? Let's GO!

Yep, in Munich. We get brief team intros as they are aboard a huge raft ride. I admit I already have a bias towards favoring Derek and Claire because I liked them both on BB. More intros after they are on solid ground. Phil tells them they can complete the challenges in any order -- it's a Scramble and that there will be no non-elimination legs.

On their luggages, three addresses, they can choose the order, when all three challenges complete, they will know where to meet Phil at the Pit Stop. Roll, Saw and Smash are the challenges. All Oktoberfest related.

Scramble has them scrambling! Derek and Claire take off in their car first. 

It's going to take me some time to get used to these teams. The Military Brother team chose Roll and they have to roll a keg through an obstacle course. The Motivational Speaker couple have Saw, they have to saw a log with musical accompaniment. Aubrey and her partner are dancers. Derek/Claire go through Roll quickly.

The Military Bros are headed to Smash while Derek and Claire head to Saw. Several couples are at Smash. They have to smash a huge ice block to get at a clue inside it. Not only do I not know these teams, they're at all three different tasks! I cannot keep up with this!

Emily and Molly (Twins) are at a clue box selecting Route Info. Hmm.

Phil showed several teams have completed two tasks, others only one. Apparently no one has done all three. Until NOW, that is! Derek and Claire! They have figured out the clue is an angel! They are on the way to the Pit Stop!

Pit Stop order:

1. Derek and Claire! Won $2,500 each!
2. Glenda and Lumumba (tall and short couple)
3. Quinton and Mattie (NFL cheer) 
4. Linton and Shark
5. Marcus and Michael
6. Rex and partner
7. Luis and Michelle???
CONFUSED ME!
11. Aubrey and David
12. Aastha and Nina - Eliminated

I have to study these teams. I swear I'm losing my mind!

43 comments:

Nickelpeed said...

Hi Jackie! Thank you!! Here we go!!

SueGee said...

Hi Penny! Hi Jackie!! and to all that follow - Howdy!!

Petals said...

~*~*~ Splash~*~*~

Hello again! Still a lot of spiked apple cider left...

It's so GREAT to see DX & Claire! I read that their 'mance began ON Big Brother, but kept it very DL. Respect!

Sharon N said...

Howdy again!

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Jackie and Penny and Sue Gee and Petals!

SueGee said...

And I promise that all pool picks are totally random... Favorites will not be taken into account LOL

Nickelpeed said...

Wow! That'll be interesting. It should be that way, I guess.

Glenn Allen said...

Hi Sharon!

Nickelpeed said...

I just never saw DX and Claire as a couple.

Petals said...

Cool about the stranger twins. I had 2 babies (6yrs apart) that were adopted by different parents, but both dads worked in the same law office. So the kids were raised knowing they were half-siblings. Even vacationed together. And now we're ALL very friendly, loving, etc. Best thing in my life that God told me to do.

Nickelpeed said...

I think the twins story is so cool. Can't imagine finding out I was a twin 36 years later.

Petals said...

AND my son got to Facetime my dad (they are like twins, it is uncanny) the month before my dad passed away. It was like my dad was looking at his reflection on the screen. Blessed

Jackie S. said...

Penny - They have been together since the season ended. They moved in together way back then!

Petals said...

I like that TAR isn't labeling the couples, just putting thier names.

Sharon N said...

What a blessing Petals.

Petals said...

ooooo, I need to check my pool picks!

Glenn Allen said...

Interesrting they pick the order of Leg and no Eliminations!

Jackie S. said...

Petals - The sign ups end for the pools on Friday

SueGee said...

Petals - no pool until next week and not counting the first elimination

SueGee said...

Glenn, its no non-eliminations

Petals said...

wow - another rainbow-haired girl. back to back.

Petals said...

Penny (& anyone interested) "Three Identical Strangers" was an award-winning (and Oscar-nommed) documentary about triplets separated at birth to 3 different families.
They don't meet until they were young men. It's all real, the real brothers, etc...and completely fascinating, happy, sad, etc.
Check it out.

Jackie S. said...

It is going to take me a while to get used to these teams. The fact they're all doing different tasks in different order makes getting to know them even harder!

Sharon N said...

AR making it tough for Jackie to track tonight!

Jackie S. said...

But I do love the fact that Scramble has them not knowing who is in the lead!

Nickelpeed said...

I remember that Petals. I know one brother died, I think. It is a facinating story.

Nickelpeed said...

Germany is so beautiful.

Petals said...

yes, I was trying to follow who was winning, but it's too much for my scattered brain

Jackie S. said...

I'm giddy about Derek and Claire being in the lead!

Nickelpeed said...

I hope the brothers catch up. It doesn't look good, though.

Nickelpeed said...

I was going to add, one a tank commander. You'd think he'd have better map skills. LOL

Petals said...

same, Jax!

Petals said...

will this season have Road blocks or stops, etc? I didn't pay enough attention

Yikes, that Ice block is THICK



YAAAAYAYYAAAAA Team ClaireX

Petals said...

DeClaire? X-aire? ClaireX? heehee

Nickelpeed said...

That's hard. Everything was so fast paced.

Nickelpeed said...

Thank you, Jacke.

See everyone next week!

Nickelpeed said...

See everyone Sunday. BB finale!

Glenn Allen said...

Claire and DX won Stage one.

Sharon N said...

Thank you, Jackie!

Jackie S. said...

Thanks for coming by!

Petals said...

Thank you Jackie, for staying up for both shows.

XOXO - see you guys at the next blog party!

SueGee said...

Night everyone!! Just starting here

Zoe said...

Great story